Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: SCX24 Toyota build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2019, 09:06 PM   #1

Default SCX24 Toyota build

Hey guys! New to the forum here. Thought I would share the start of my SCX24 Toyota build.

I wanted to design this after one of my actual toyota crawlers from about 10 years back, so went with the 92 model kit a few of you have already shared. I won't bore you with the build details. Instead here are a few shots of the interior (early shot without detailing) and progress to the exterior build. Still have to do some weathering on the cab and glass, and I'm waiting for the dang Goodyear MT/Rs to come back in stock!! Tried the scramblers, but it was comparable to fitting 48s on the real thing Will add some outdoor action shots tomorrow.

ajdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2019, 09:15 PM   #2

Default Re: SCX24 Toyota build

I want to get the body a little bit lower, but still have to melt and mold the floor of the interior a bit more. I was already able to bring it down 0.5 cm, but now my issue comes with placing the receiver. I think what I'm going to do is melt the floor in another .25cm and cut a portion of the dash out, mold the interior to hide the receiver, and tuck it in a bit deeper. Next step will be to glue in a "hood latch" hook to run the bungee through, so that it holds the hood down, along with holding the front of the body in place.

The bed was bobbed 1cm - again, should have been a bit more aggressive, but I was toying with the idea of molding fender flairs and cutting it back further than I did to clear the scramblers. I just hate the way those tires look on this rig, so may end up trimming the back a bit more and leaving a "rough" look once the MTRs get here.
ajdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:18 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: SCX24 Toyota build

Nice work. Any updates yet?
dirtman71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scx24

SCX24 Toyota build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bigworm’s SCX24 Build BIGW0RM Micro Scale Rigs 147 05-28-2021 10:54 AM
Scx24 truggy build... lilws6 Micro Scale Rigs 21 08-13-2019 12:28 PM
Axial scx24 mathcanbefun build mathcanbefun Micro Scale Rigs 62 08-12-2019 12:34 PM
SCX24 Toyota Tacoma chino Micro Scale Rigs 13 06-13-2019 07:48 AM