Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Scx24 esc/receiver leds & other newbie questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2020, 06:57 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Scx24 esc/receiver leds & other newbie questions.

Long story short, I ordered several cheap led bits and pieces from eBay, voltage says 5-7.4v, so I assumed they would work, the first to arrive turns out to be ultra dim, checked out on a bench power supply and it works fine, tried all combinations of the pins.. so I am at a loss.. although at this point I confess to not fully understanding much about electronics (just in case the above didn’t give a clue.. lol).

Sadly my multimeter decided to break (clumsy me) so I am looking for help and advice.

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Scx24 esc/receiver voltage for leds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent View Post
Long story short, I ordered several cheap led bits and pieces from eBay, voltage says 5-7.4v, so I assumed they would work, the first to arrive turns out to be ultra dim, checked out on a bench power supply and it works fine, tried all combinations of the pins.. so I am at a loss.. although at this point I confess to not fully understanding much about electronics (just in case the above didn’t give a clue.. lol).

Sadly my multimeter decided to break (clumsy me) so I am looking for help and advice.

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure you tried all the pins different ways? Flipped? Because I noticed pins would do lights on FULL. Or lights ONLY ON if you hit the gas. Or maybe it was reverse turned them on?

All I know is; install RED/Black wire one way and they are just on. And if I plugged them in a different way, I would only get lights if I hit the gas or reverse.
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:30 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thank you for the reply, I will have another look, have to confess I didn’t touch the transmitter in my tinkering, will have more time tonight to give it a proper try.

Scx24 crc. Crawler 1/24
Wltoys a212. Shortcourse 1/24
Wltoys k969. Drifty 1/28
Old 01-27-2020, 10:40 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent View Post
Thank you for the reply, I will have another look, have to confess I didn’t touch the transmitter in my tinkering, will have more time tonight to give it a proper try.

Scx24 crc. Crawler 1/24
Wltoys a212. Shortcourse 1/24
Wltoys k969. Drifty 1/28

Yea Im not sure how it works. I only found out by disconnecting my LED bumper lights so they wouldn't blind my wife who I was crawling over in our bed...

When I went to re attach them, I wasnt sure which side of the 3 pins was red. And I somehow plugged them in and noticed they only went on when I gave it gas or reverse. Something funky like that.
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:43 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Scx24 esc/receiver leds & other newbie questions.

Checked it out and it's just pulling too much power for the esc, but the rest of the info will be useful when the next batch of leds arrive. So if you buy this (image) 55mm light bar it needs a separate battery.

Now on that subject, you can get some pretty small lipo 2s batteries, so I was looking for advice on where best to add the weight? (under servo?) I know cog needs lowest, I have the brass wheel bits on route.

Lastly, last time I was into rc it was nicads or non rechargeable batteries, so having read up on the USB chargers failing I was hoping to get tips on good safe lipo chargers, the imax b6 seems to be a good choice, but wonder if anyone would recommend something else instead.

As always, thank you to any and everyone who can help.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2020, 09:30 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Scx24 esc/receiver leds & other newbie questions.

Had a little play with the light bar white tacked to the front bumper running off 2 cr2016s I had laying around (6v) just to see how it looks, but it's definitely too big for it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Scx24 esc/receiver leds & other newbie questions. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remove casing SCX24 receiver/ESC unit waqr Micro Scale Rigs 0 01-23-2020 06:57 AM
Dim Stock SCX24 LEDs Budman Micro Scale Rigs 2 08-30-2019 04:52 AM
SCX24 ESC & receiver upgrades? BashNSlash Micro Scale Rigs 44 06-10-2019 12:21 PM
3 racing LEDs, what voltage? warren Electronics 3 02-12-2015 09:40 PM