Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs
Loading

Notices

Thread: Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 2,982
Default Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

Firstly I know nothing other than the information I'm sharing from Facebook.
They are supposedly available now.

"Ahhh the patter of Tiny Tyres!

Meet our latest release, the New MSA-1E 1/24th 1976 Ford F-150. New gearing, new Motor with protection circuit, new Servo Saver and new Fully Licensed Ford Body."

https://youtu.be/5oZNvWadVoU

When they say new motor and gearing I have a suspicion that's"marketing talk" and it will have the same sized motor. IMO the N20ish sized motor is way too small. Gearing is likely a pinion Chang or hopefully a different spur/idle gear replacement. I hope it's better than expected, because the first version had a nice soft suspension, but the lack of power was disappointing.

Either way it's awesome to see so many micro trucks out and getting updated! Hopefully this is a sign the market is taking micros seriously.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2019, 02:12 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 2,979
Default Re: Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

That’s awesome. I wonder if they’ll release an unpainted body, too.

Had a buddy with one with the 390ci.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:34 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 2,982
Default Re: Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

I would assume they will, I believe I saw the previous versions available separately and clear.
After looking at it more closely it definitely looks like the same undersized motor. It's basically a long can N20, but now it has a "protection circuit" I guess since the others would burn out even with a heat sink...which I find odd for a slow crawler.
Updated gearing im willing to bet is just a smaller pinion, because that weird spur gear,shaft, idler gear would likely be to expensive to replace. If that's the case it will pretty disappointing and not much better than V1, time will tell however. I probably won't pick this one up, which is a first for me haha.
It's crazy that we have so many currently available scale/crawler Micro trucks.

The Redcat Sumo/HBX Devastator/FTX Ibex are of course still available.

ECX Temper, garbage electronics and wonky link geometry but cheap and decent for axles in a custom build

WPL 24438 & 24438B which look like a Temper, but are slightly different. Same meh quality

RC4WD Mini Gelande is still available

The ECX Barrage/RGT Adventurer/FTX Outback
Which were nearly identical other than bodies and tires.
The RGT V2 has that's front mounted motor,
The FTX 2.0 is a rebadged HobbyPlus CR-24

HobbyPlus CR-24, which now has a body updated with plastic molded parts and more to come

HobbyPlus CR-18 which has widened axles & longer chasis, stronger links & stronger plastic driveshafts with metal universals

The Carisma MSA1-E which got some minor updates.

The SCX24 which already has an updated body and unsurprisingly is killing it in popularity and somewhat in aftermarket

The Panda Hobby Tetra X1 which has lots of details and feels premium

That's 12 RTR micro trucks with 1.0" wheels and 7mm hexes excluding the Barrage clones, but counting the new RGT.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by spoo76; 10-12-2019 at 11:37 AM.
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:43 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: round lake
Posts: 170
Default Re: Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

That's mind blowing.And couple years ago you had redcat and losi.Is harder and harder to justify"scaling up"
bolo79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: W. Jordan
Posts: 173
Default Re: Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

The great thing with the better designed models is that they are pretty reliable and you can find challenges everywhere inside and out. Best money spent in the hobby IMHO.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
scaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:49 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 2,982
Default Re: Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

So the motor is definitely the same size, the pinion has been confirmed to be a 9t instead of a 14t. Should make a noticeable difference, but IMO still not enough with that puny motor

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #7
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Louisville
Posts: 74
Default Re: Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaled View Post
The great thing with the better designed models is that they are pretty reliable and you can find challenges everywhere inside and out. Best money spent in the hobby IMHO.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Agreed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Jackalo626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:39 PM   #8
RCC Addict
 
Voodoobrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: My mothers basement
Posts: 1,293
Default Re: Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
I would assume they will, I believe I saw the previous versions available separately and clear.
After looking at it more closely it definitely looks like the same undersized motor. It's basically a long can N20, but now it has a "protection circuit" I guess since the others would burn out even with a heat sink...which I find odd for a slow crawler.
Updated gearing im willing to bet is just a smaller pinion, because that weird spur gear,shaft, idler gear would likely be to expensive to replace. If that's the case it will pretty disappointing and not much better than V1, time will tell however. I probably won't pick this one up, which is a first for me haha.
It's crazy that we have so many currently available scale/crawler Micro trucks.

The Redcat Sumo/HBX Devastator/FTX Ibex are of course still available.

ECX Temper, garbage electronics and wonky link geometry but cheap and decent for axles in a custom build

WPL 24438 & 24438B which look like a Temper, but are slightly different. Same meh quality

RC4WD Mini Gelande is still available

The ECX Barrage/RGT Adventurer/FTX Outback
Which were nearly identical other than bodies and tires.
The RGT V2 has that's front mounted motor,
The FTX 2.0 is a rebadged HobbyPlus CR-24

HobbyPlus CR-24, which now has a body updated with plastic molded parts and more to come

HobbyPlus CR-18 which has widened axles & longer chasis, stronger links & stronger plastic driveshafts with metal universals

The Carisma MSA1-E which got some minor updates.

The SCX24 which already has an updated body and unsurprisingly is killing it in popularity and somewhat in aftermarket

The Panda Hobby Tetra X1 which has lots of details and feels premium

That's 12 RTR micro trucks with 1.0" wheels and 7mm hexes excluding the Barrage clones, but counting the new RGT.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks, this list is great!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:08 AM   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Belgium
Posts: 31
Talking Re: Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

Don't forget the basher rocksta from hobbyking!
Although it's not scale, it's fun as well!
Bennie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:39 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 2,982
Default Re: Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie98 View Post
Don't forget the basher rocksta from hobbyking!

Although it's not scale, it's fun as well!
I didn't forget it, I specifically was mentioning scale trucks that are similar, with compatible parts. Though it is fun

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:09 AM   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Belgium
Posts: 31
Default Re: Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

Oh, okay, I didn't notice you meant your list like that. Sorry!
Bennie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:21 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 2,982
Default Re: Carisma updated the MSA1-E !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie98 View Post
Oh, okay, I didn't notice you meant your list like that. Sorry!
No worries. This is the scale section so I was just keeping with the theme. The Rocksta is so much more capable it takes completely different lines haha

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Carisma updated the MSA1-E ! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Teaser Carisma.... Frank211 General Scale Talk 31 03-07-2019 05:10 AM
No spot for Carisma? HKSkook Chit Chat 6 12-29-2018 04:00 PM
1/24 carisma?????? Frank211 Micro Scale Rigs 26 12-19-2018 03:13 AM
Carisma 1/24 Crawler sethstiles Micro Scale Rigs 0 11-12-2018 02:42 PM
A kit.... CARISMA ?? Frank211 General Scale Talk 27 07-25-2018 12:11 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com