Default New kyosho unboxing

https://youtu.be/cUrKTUS4i7Q

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2020, 06:26 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New kyosho unboxing

Watched the live unboxing last night. Im considering it now. Couldnt watch the entire broadcast as it was WAY past my bedtime.
ProjektONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:12 AM   #3

And here is the first review! I like it, alot!

https://youtu.be/1tOJrOcMv9A

Last edited by MoschuS; 02-07-2020 at 11:48 AM.
MoschuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:34 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Oh it looks like a formidable option for sure! But the fact that it uses things like phillips screws, AAA batteries as opposed to NmH or Lipo, a brushed motor (allbeit a 130 size), and most importantly the pricepoint.....these things make it a bit unattractive. It certainly looks the part and because it uses R&P gears in the axles, it makes it (IMO) more of a micro crawler than the rest of the offerings that have been brought to the table so far. Love that it has metal links, too, as opposed to flexible plastic like all the other offerings out there. But even still....it's priced way too high for the market. When you can get an SCX24 that will perform every bit as good for more than $100 cheaper.....I could be wrong but I think Kyosho may be pricing themselves out of the market. For what it costs to get this Mini Z 4x4, I can get an SCX24, add in new wheels & tires, wheel weights, a couple additional LiPo batteries (higher mAh, too), maybe a new set of shocks and leave the Mini Z far behind.

As much as I really do like it and would love to have one, I think it's priced too high for what it is. Think I'll pass.....or at least wait until someone puts a used one up for sale.

Last edited by Sh0rtBus; 02-07-2020 at 07:38 AM.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:48 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The NIMH isn't a big deal, it's an easy swap. The screws holding the wheels to me isn't a big deal, it's not uncommon in some micro cars and doesn't seem like a disadvantage. People are just used to wheel nuts. As far as the motor, a standard brushed motor? That would be the tiny 030, this uses a huge brushed 130 like all MiniZs which IMO should be standard in other micros, it's more powerful and it's an easier size to find.
The motor size is perfect and will perform better than a brushless motor.
Also looks like this has a metal ring & pinions, and very thick metal drive shafts.
Hard to tell, but in the SBG video those steering axles look like universals, not dog bones which would be a welcome first.
$199 for a pre painted hard body at this level of detail isn't really out of place IMO. Especially when you consider The mini Gelande has a smaller motor & won't perform as well for a little more $.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:33 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

All the cars in the Mini-Z line are pricey, because the detail on them is second to none. The road cars are all $175 or $199, so $199 for the 4x4 seems perfectly in keeping with the rest of the Mini-Z products.

That being said, I'll probably just buy the 4Runner body and slap it on my SCX24.
rattmobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:42 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Kyosho usually always put out a solid well built and engineered product and this looks like no exception.
The Kyosho overland Mini-z has taken more abuse than almost any other RC I have besides maybe the MST MTX-1.
Excited to see what other bodies they come out with and hoping it's a 90s Chevy pickup/SUV as no one has done that yet.
MAGNUMB is offline   Reply With Quote

New kyosho unboxing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unboxing my Orlandoo 1:35 HB RC Scale Videos! 0 04-21-2017 05:44 PM
Unboxing of the Gelande 2 Colleens Cruzin General Crawlers 2 02-18-2017 11:22 AM
Unboxing the Sawback ! Crawler Ted Videos! 0 01-05-2014 09:27 AM
Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser VE unboxing and future plans welder820 General Crawlers 11 06-20-2013 03:07 PM