Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Lack of 1.0” tires in stock anywhere?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2020, 10:02 AM   #1

Default Lack of 1.0” tires in stock anywhere?

Picked up some gear head wheels for the scx24. Sick of waiting on backordered tires, I attempted heating to remove stock tires. 2 hours and 10 burnt finger tips later, I have them removed. 1 tire got cut a bit at the bead. It is usable with a glue repair, but bothers me. I don’t really want to glue these to the gear heads and then have to mess with blemishing the finish when I remove to install the RC4WD tires when they come in. I’d much rather wait for my RC4WD tires, but I want to drive the thing too. I am just getting into the micro thing. Is this lack of tire inventory common? I literally can not buy ANY tires at the moment. Super annoying!

Ps, the stock tires fit perfectly on the gear heads wheels.
Ho11owPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2020, 10:07 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Lack of 1.0” tires in stock anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho11owPoint View Post
Picked up some gear head wheels for the scx24. Sick of waiting on backordered tires, I attempted heating to remove stock tires. 2 hours and 10 burnt finger tips later, I have them removed. 1 tire got cut a bit at the bead. It is usable with a glue repair, but bothers me. I don’t really want to glue these to the gear heads and then have to mess with blemishing the finish when I remove to install the RC4WD tires when they come in. I’d much rather wait for my RC4WD tires, but I want to drive the thing too. I am just getting into the micro thing. Is this lack of tire inventory common? I literally can not buy ANY tires at the moment. Super annoying!

Ps, the stock tires fit perfectly on the gear heads wheels.

There is tires on amain
Some on back order but they ship quick
I put swampers on my stock wheels
20mm wide fits well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bryan.hamm0nd1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:38 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Just looked at RC4WD and RPP. Boy... lots on back-order atm. But from what I've seen it's not usually this sparse. Looks like amain is the best bet but not many avail there either. No... not common but my guess is that with all the micro rigs out there now, demand is up atm.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:58 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Lots of stuff comes and goes. These are popular. I had no issues ordering my stuff when I did it.
jimbo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

China has shut down lots of businesses due to the coronavirus outbreak and I have been told many factories that produce RC parts are located around the center of the outbreak area.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:12 PM   #6

Just a thought....rather than super glue, maybe you could try Elmer's white glue? You mentioned the stock tires fit gearhead wheels well, the Elmer's would not hold as well as super glue but a soak in warm water would release them so no damage to fancy wheels...if you try it I would probably let dry overnight.
Hunterdude911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterdude911 View Post
Just a thought....rather than super glue, maybe you could try Elmer's white glue? You mentioned the stock tires fit gearhead wheels well, the Elmer's would not hold as well as super glue but a soak in warm water would release them so no damage to fancy wheels...if you try it I would probably let dry overnight.
I just spot glued with normal tire glue to the back side only. The stock tires fit just enough to hold, but not tight enough to go without any glue.
Ho11owPoint is offline   Reply With Quote

Lack of 1.0” tires in stock anywhere? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What all does it take to get stock high lift tires and rims to a stock tlt axle? bi_eep Newbie General 5 01-18-2007 10:54 PM
Stock LEO X - lack of torque !! Uthaya General Crawlers 10 08-24-2005 07:53 AM