Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: RGT Adventure V2 change gearing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2020, 07:34 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default RGT Adventure V2 change gearing

Hi!

This truck seems very nice but the gearing looks to be a bit high. Is there any way to change the gearing or is there an aftermarket motor that fits directly without any modification that will give the truck more controllable low end?
waqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2020, 06:42 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RGT Adventure V2 change gearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqr View Post
Hi!

This truck seems very nice but the gearing looks to be a bit high. Is there any way to change the gearing or is there an aftermarket motor that fits directly without any modification that will give the truck more controllable low end?
I know of a couple choices. Not sure if they are the best. But its something.

You could buy the RC4WD micro motor and snag its smaller pinion to swap onto your rgt motor. I didnt know what size they where to order just a pinion, so that's how I got a smaller one on mine.

And or, you can also buy the RC4WD micro transmission and motor combo for 29 bucks and then order the 10 dollar shapeways brackets needed to mount it to the RGT frame.

When I had my RGT, I did the RC4WD tranny/motor combo with the shapways brackets. I then removed the small RC4WD motor (FF030) and I think used the RGT long can motor (FF050) WITH the smaller pinion that WAS on the RC4WD motor if that makes sense.

Good luck!

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 03-10-2020 at 06:44 PM.
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:19 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I know of a couple choices. Not sure if they are the best. But its something.

You could buy the RC4WD micro motor and snag its smaller pinion to swap onto your rgt motor. I didnt know what size they where to order just a pinion, so that's how I got a smaller one on mine.

And or, you can also buy the RC4WD micro transmission and motor combo for 29 bucks and then order the 10 dollar shapeways brackets needed to mount it to the RGT frame.

When I had my RGT, I did the RC4WD tranny/motor combo with the shapways brackets. I then removed the small RC4WD motor (FF030) and I think used the RGT long can motor (FF050) WITH the smaller pinion that WAS on the RC4WD motor if that makes sense.

Good luck!
This is about the RGT V2 with the front mounted motor not the V1 that's like a Barrage and FTX Outback V1.

I haven't opened up my RGT V2 to inspect the transmission yet, but I'm sure the pinion is the same 12t most are using. Swapping to a 9t pinion would help a little. Not sure on the spur tooth count. I'd bet it wouldn't be hard to get a bigger spur, but I think swapping to a Mini Gelande V2 transmission wouldn't be ideal since it has a motor mounted to it and the RGT V2 has a front mounted motor

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:45 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
This is about the RGT V2 with the front mounted motor not the V1 that's like a Barrage and FTX Outback V1.

I haven't opened up my RGT V2 to inspect the transmission yet, but I'm sure the pinion is the same 12t most are using. Swapping to a 9t pinion would help a little. Not sure on the spur tooth count. I'd bet it wouldn't be hard to get a bigger spur, but I think swapping to a Mini Gelande V2 transmission wouldn't be ideal since it has a motor mounted to it and the RGT V2 has a front mounted motor

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Doh!

Thank you Spoo76. My bad. I missed the V2 part. Sorry gentlemen.
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote

RGT Adventure V2 change gearing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SXC10 ii new build di i need to change gearing stewartcjones Axial AX10 2nd-gen 1 12-21-2020 08:39 AM
1/24 RGT scaler out on a adventure shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 06-03-2019 12:32 PM
New motor. Change gearing? coldfire Axial AX10 2nd-gen 3 04-29-2015 08:49 AM
Montana Scale Adventure Club Adventure Series montana.matt Montana 9 03-17-2010 09:22 AM