Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Help me make a decision...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2020, 09:21 PM   #1

Default Help me make a decision...

Short: I want an 1/24 for portability. SCX24 S10 ideal truck. URUAV CR24 RADIO ideal. Despite an inferior product im considering the CR24 over the SCX because of how much more portable it is with the break down radio it has.

Im pretty sold on the SCX24 S10 BUT...the whole reason I want it is portability and thats what the URUAV has. The remote for that thing IS CLUTCH, breaks apart and can throw the remote and truck into a small drawstring bag and throw it in my glove box. The size of the SCX24 remote is absolutely ridiculous for a tiny truck meant for portability.

I know for a fact if i got the cr24 I would use it WAY more often because of the portability factor but the drive shafts are garbage and i REALLY don't want to rely on bangood for parts and have a inferior product overall.

Either convince me the CR24 with some money put into it is just as capable or does anyone else know if there is a break down radio out there aftermarket?
glweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2020, 11:06 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Help me make a decision...

Scx24.

I had mine for 2 weeks and only got 15 minutes of run time on it, but it's a very capable rig, axial had to send me a new motor and ESC and then I sold it. I'll probably end up with another one day

I really liked the 3 speed option on the controller

Biggest running issue I found was it's center of gravity, needs some weights down low for sure, lots of low cost upgrades on YouTube, I really liked the included lights

Maybe pass up the glove box, and go with the center console? Or behind/under a seat?

IMO a poor controller would ruin the experience of running it, even though it would store better.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
NKlamerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 10:29 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

now i dont own an uruav, but do have 3 scx's. (will probably anyway soon) all modded differently. seems all you are hung up on is the transmitter size. yes the scx is more like a true transmitter size compared to a uruav apparently. i guess normal china hand held units of kids size. but i do keep all 3 trucks/transmitters and accessories in a normal size small/medium tool box for transit. or shit, you got an open passenger seat for it
Crawler Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:44 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I also would recommend the SCX 24. Really durable little guys that preform decently out of the box. I put mine and the transmitter in my backpack all the time and run it at work during breaks.

I have an Enduro24 which is very similar to the CR24. These little guys have issues. That radio is also really tiny. It honestly makes my hands cramp when using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:48 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKlamerus View Post
Scx24.

I had mine for 2 weeks and only got 15 minutes of run time on it, but it's a very capable rig, axial had to send me a new motor and ESC and then I sold it. I'll probably end up with another one day

Maybe pass up the glove box, and go with the center console? Or behind/under a seat?

IMO a poor controller would ruin the experience of running it, even though it would store better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Noob View Post
...have 3 scx's. (will probably anyway soon) all modded differently. seems all you are hung up on is the transmitter size. yes the scx is more like a true transmitter size compared to a uruav apparently....but i do keep all 3 trucks/transmitters and accessories in a normal size small/medium tool box for transit. or you got an open passenger seat for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyro View Post
I also would recommend the SCX 24. Really durable little guys that preform decently out of the box. I put mine and the transmitter in my backpack all the time and run it at work during breaks.

Yes, SCX24, nothing broken on mine yet. My truck, radio tx, basic tools, few spare parts (and body clips) and couple lipos fit in a standard 1/10scale transmitter bag!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:52 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Go with the vehicle that is fun to drive.

I fit the scx24 and its TX into 15x10x6 detachable rucksack. It would easily fit into one of those cheap drawstring bags.
I went and did it...

Last edited by Dogahn; 09-04-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Dogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:19 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I have both rigs. I personally prefer the scx24. I did however though swap out the esc to a castle micro sidewinder and I’m using the tx/rx from the cr24. Best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slambaam is offline   Reply With Quote

Help me make a decision... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me make a decision Trailwalker or ? jinda Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 14 07-30-2020 08:58 PM
Want to get into Crawling - Help me make Decision rokie1432 Newbie General 16 07-28-2013 01:34 AM
Have to make decision FlexJohnson Newbie General 16 01-10-2012 01:44 PM
need some advice and help me make a decision Kahoko Newbie General 4 06-23-2011 12:19 PM