Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: RocHobby 1/18 Katana CR-18 based HardBody!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2021, 05:26 AM   #21

Default Re: RocHobby 1/18 Katana CR-18 based HardBody!!

The body on the Katana makes the Axial bodies look like something from a cheap toy!
BlackSeaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2021, 03:33 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Hi can anyone tell me how can I disable the turn signal of this Katana? It is driving me nuts. You don’t have to indicate while off roading. Thanks.

I like the headlight but not the turn signal.
Aeronuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:07 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeronuclear View Post
Hi can anyone tell me how can I disable the turn signal of this Katana? It is driving me nuts. You don’t have to indicate while off roading. Thanks.

I like the headlight but not the turn signal.
Hi - simply pull out the wires (connected to ch 1).
donaldsneffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:30 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
Hi - simply pull out the wires (connected to ch 1).
Emm.. sorry not very electronic minded. If I pull out the big 3 wires connector them the main light come on permanently, turn signal still on.

Not sure hot to find which wire is for the turn signal control. ?
Old 04-09-2021, 12:50 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Emm.. sorry not very electronic minded. If I pull out the big 3 wires connector them the main light come on permanently, turn signal still on.

Not sure hot to find which wire is for the turn signal control. ?
Maybe I'm wrong but I think you'll have to take the body off to do that. The only connector on the stock receiver (at least on my Katana) is the steering servo.

Okay editing this as I just did it to mine. You do have to take the body off the frame. Just four screws, two in the front and two in the back. They're near the bumpers but are on the "inside" of the frame rails. Then you'll have to remove the two screws up front that are on the outside of the frame rails. Once you do this, and gently pull the interior/inner fenders away from the body (at the front only....back of the interior will still be attached but you can accomplish this this way), you'll see two regular servo connectors. One is for the headlights, the other for the turn signals. Just unplug the one for the turn signals. I just unplugged one at a time. If you look close, you'll see a "Y" connector at the steering connector and the turn signals both plug into (makes sense). I completely removed the "y" connector just to get it out of the way. The servo wire, while very, very short is still long enough to reach the top of the receiver.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by OnTheTrail; 04-09-2021 at 01:35 PM.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:33 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but I think you'll have to take the body off to do that. The only connector on the stock receiver (at least on my Katana) is the steering servo.

You could do one of two things but either case, you have to remove the body with all the screws from the bottom. Once you have the body off, you can simple cut one wire going to each of the turn signal while capping off that cut wire with tape or a tiny wire nut connector (simply to keep a potential short from occurring). Or if you want to get fancy and experiment with a soldering iron, you could solder the turn signal wires to the same leads that go to the head lights. This way all the lights will light with headlights/taillights via Ch 3 on the Tx.

I too am not a fan of the turn signals so I plan to do one or the other myself.
Thanks. I like the idea of linking the orange light to the main light, maybe paint them yellow like fog light. The original VX 80 does come with built - in fog light in the main light housing. Looks cool. But will definitely cut the rear signal off.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:21 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
....I like the idea of linking the orange light to the main light, maybe paint them yellow like fog light.......
Actually I don't thing that will work after I played around with mine. I tried using the "Y" connector to connect the turn signal lead to the headlights. The turn signals blinked and only one side lit up. Once you turn the on and off the lights (Ch 3 ) the other side comes on and blinks. So I'm thinking there's a blinking relay in there somewhere. If you find it and eliminate it you may be able to do that.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:03 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
Actually I don't thing that will work after I played around with mine. I tried using the "Y" connector to connect the turn signal lead to the headlights. The turn signals blinked and only one side lit up. Once you turn the on and off the lights (Ch 3 ) the other side comes on and blinks. So I'm thinking there's a blinking relay in there somewhere. If you find it and eliminate it you may be able to do that.
Thanks for the update👍. I guess the only way at the moment is to cut the wires off...
Old 04-15-2021, 05:11 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Hi,
shock test for Katana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJR5iQVe20&t=2004s
Old 05-28-2021, 06:06 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

For those who have time to watch:

Differences Katana - Patrion/Patriot - Arizona - CR18:

https://youtu.be/2jnLdHeOR00
Old 12-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #31

Anyone have issues with the roof light blinking? I wired up some LEDs for the roof which were working fine for a while. Now they're blinking... Checking the ESC, the roof light pins arealternating between 0V and 6V. Not sure what happened...
ColoRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 04:24 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoRyan View Post
Anyone have issues with the roof light blinking? I wired up some LEDs for the roof which were working fine for a while. Now they're blinking... Checking the ESC, the roof light pins arealternating between 0V and 6V. Not sure what happened...
Perhaps the way they are wired? Or maybe even the transmitter has a flashing mode? I honestly don't remember I haven't had time for my RCs in a while

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:40 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

After a long time this seem to be the very first metal upgrade (oil?) shocks for those 1/18 Models by FMS, RocHobby, EazyRC, Hobby Plus (but the expensive red Hobby Plus metal upgrade shocks):

RocHobby 1/18 Katana CR-18 based HardBody!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ROCHOBBY 1941 Willys MB herrmill Large Scale Rigs 1 04-25-2020 07:16 AM