Mofo brass knuckles
+6 offset hubs which are required with the mofo bead locks
Rc4wd Patagonia’s
Mofo steering linkage with o rings installed for zero slop
Mofo torque beast motor 11 tooth
V2 scx24 speed control
Hot racing heady dif cover with skid plate
4 link conversion with stock links extended

Build notes: I still need to mount the body. I have magnates on the frame and need to decide on if I’m keeping the fenders on the body or not. I placed the magnates on the outside of the body to hold it down for pictures and to reference on a final mounting position. I have coming a goblin carbon fiber chassis by hard park RC that I never hear any chatter about, hope it drops the center of gravity some and is decent quality. I also have a set of rc4wd scramblers and mudslingers that I plan to test out along with factor 0 mofo mf6 hubs which are required with the mofo rims. I’m going to either run the 0 or + 6 hubs. I need to figure out what I like with the mudslingers and or scramblers. The mofo rims have quite a bit of offset so it’s super wide feeling with the +6 hubs. Much wider than treal bead locks with +6 brass spacers. Maybe the bigger tires will work with the +6 width but I do not like it +6 with the smaller Patagonias. The hot racing dif cover is square shaped and hits on stuff way too easy and needs to be gone. It’s much bulkier than the rounded mofo dif cover. I have two of the mofo covers coming now. I have a Emax servo with mofo mount and aluminum horn in route from mofo. I also ordered 3d printed heavy duty high clearance links which I will mount with the brass mofo link balls.
I think my final version will be trimmed fenders with mudslingers of scramblers mounted on the mofo wheels maybe +6 hubs. I’ll need to do some testing of course but hope that will be the ticket.

Last edited by Alaskan; 03-03-2022 at 09:29 PM.
Alaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2022, 11:49 AM   #2

Default Re: Build pics scx24

Trimmed off the fenders I like it much better like this.
Also the hard park RC chassis is supposed to deliever today. I’m going to wait on a permanent body mount until I get the new chassis installed.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:28 PM   #3

Nice build. I am using the same shock mounts on my build and a similar body (tucked front and rear). I went with the Pro-line Cliffhanger.

My SCX24 started as a JLU. As of now I think the best way to mount the body while getting it as low as possible is to use the standard JLU body mount up front and the same mount in the rear.

For the rear I clipped the cross section off and am using the posts upside down, so that I have adjustable body posts.

I looked at a lot of different ways to mount the body and this way seems to be the best, because it doesn't add weight on top like magnets or aluminum towers do.

I am also working on a bumper extension using frame rail pieces, so that I can use the front CRC bumper up high.

Last edited by _e_w_; 03-04-2022 at 12:31 PM.
_e_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:58 PM   #4

I decided to remove the bed. The hard park chassis has the high shock mount and it was interfering with mounting the body as low as I wanted. I’m happy with it and now need to work out a permanent mounting setup. I think it will go nice with big tires and a somewhat wide stance.

upload pic
Old 03-05-2022, 11:44 AM   #5
JC3
Quarry Creeper

I see what you mean about the Torque Beast clearing the links - no problem!
JC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 10:07 PM   #6

A few parts came in the mail. Mainly the RC4WD scramblers that I mounted on mofo bead locks with 0 offset. I also pulled the factory foams out of the scramblers and replaced them with crawler innovations soft foams. These tires improved performance quite a bit on my in home course. These tires are oowweee goooie.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:36 AM   #7
JC3
Quarry Creeper

Looking good!
Old 03-08-2022, 01:05 PM   #8

Few more updated pics. The bodies are pretty hokey looking but we are going for performance above all else. The power wagon is on a mofo chassis with torque beast and V1 esc. Has a bunch of brass mofo parts too with treal bead locks running patagonias without foams.
The jeep is a work in progress with lots of similar parts. I’ve stretched the front end out and have a warthog chassis coming in the mail. We have been waiting way to long for the Emax servos, they are some updated pics.
Anyway here is an update.

Old 03-08-2022, 03:03 PM   #9
JC3
Quarry Creeper

That's cool, one big tire rig and one small tire rig. Great for doing performance testing.

Build pics scx24 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another SCX24 scale build Cycle.Cats Micro Scale Rigs 8 01-04-2022 02:15 AM
RC4WD 1/24 MTF2 v SCX24 C10 Comparison Pics distress Micro Scale Rigs 5 11-18-2021 08:21 PM
Yet another SCX24 Build - nothing fancy 91300zx Micro Scale Rigs 8 09-19-2021 01:42 PM
Bigworm’s SCX24 Build BIGW0RM Micro Scale Rigs 147 05-28-2021 10:54 AM
REDDOTRC SCX24 Build mitch.douglas21 Micro Scale Rigs 21 01-18-2021 07:10 PM