Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: FYI - scx24 storytime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2022, 05:22 AM   #1

Default FYI - scx24 storytime

Just thought I’d start a thread where we could share and discuss random scx24 stories/discoveries etc…I’ll go first

I was enjoying the nicer weather and outside with my deadbolt for the first time in months..it being thaw season lots of mud/snow/puddles to romp thru. While trying to tackle a particular climb it tumbled and flipped right into a deep pool of ice cold mud brown water. Completely submerged. Mind you I’ve got a full light kit with a switch installed so the esc ports are filled up.

After freaking out I removed the battery and immediately placed it in front of a space heater. I grabbed the heat gun and carefully blasted it. I let it sit for a half hour and then couldn’t stand the suspense so plugged in the battery and……

It worked. Everything. Perfectly. So yea I got lucky but these guys also are more robust than I originally feared. Big phew.
RobbintheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2022, 11:20 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: FYI - scx24 storytime

I drilled holes to the frame rails and attached the shocks there. I did it first to select a better place for the shock up front, as I have 4-linked mine. With my aftermarket shocks, that are the same length as the originals, they work so good that I drilled holes in the carbon fiber frame rails too.

Remember to use a face mask or something if you drill/fix/whatever carbon fiber, as it’s not good to inhale that.

Edit: I dig my scx24 to look as a rig, although I know that a different body/bouncer type rig would make it drive better. A stock c10 body weighs about 34 grams without the roll bar. My Dodge power wagon weighs 14 gram! And that is the highest point of the crawler. It drives so nice now!

Last edited by 2471:24; 03-16-2022 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Edit:
2471:24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 12:25 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

This morning, my SCX24 got "parked"...Jurassic Park, that is. For those who've read the original novel, yes, I know the TRUE Jurassic Park vehicles are Toyota FJ-40 Landcruisers...but, when it comes to the SCX24, I gotta make due with what I can.

Obviously, that's not the only thing being 'upgraded'...I have plenty of upgrades being done (some already installed, some waiting to be installed, and others for which I still need to order 'whatever' the upgrades are to be). And, yes...just in case anyone reading this might be wondering...said upgrades DO include an interior.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 05:51 PM   #4

So I’ve got the new bronco..she’s a beaute…

I realise with the hardbody never will I achieve climbing performance annnnnd I’ve got a dream c10 custom build I’ve yet to begin but have had the truck still in its box for a year…

So am thinking of switching electronics so I can score the v2 in the c10 and downgrade the bronco? Eh..something I’m pondering over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RobbintheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 10:49 AM   #5

Bought a green Deadbolt, upgraded it so fast with injora stuff I forgot in a month how it ran stock.

So today I picked up a C10. Gona have som rules for it. Too slow the upgrade process.

1) no body cutting
2) .. TBA

Can't stop thinking about what to upgrade ;)

Skickat från min SM-G525F via Tapatalk
erik.eklof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 11:59 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Bought the little Bronco as my ever rc cheap git here as thought this would be the most cost effective route into this hobby So much temptation when you start looking at parts trying to be strong and do little upgrades at a time. I've been good so far I tell the wife
JimrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 04:59 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimrC View Post
Bought the little Bronco as my ever rc cheap git here as thought this would be the most cost effective route into this hobby So much temptation when you start looking at parts trying to be strong and do little upgrades at a time. I've been good so far I tell the wife
I just got into the hobby a few months ago , I have 3 now . I’m currently building a JLU for the wife , she drives one full scale . Of course I’m thinking of the next truck , next month .
NWCT24CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:02 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

This thread belongs to chit chat
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote

FYI - scx24 storytime - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FYI: You need this, now. Szczerba Chit Chat 7 05-17-2013 06:36 AM
Fyi... Eritex Inc. Nebraska 10 10-09-2010 05:59 PM
Fyi... slugzracing Chit Chat 5 05-01-2006 04:44 AM