Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: SCXE24 - SCX24/Enduro24 Hybrid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2022, 08:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default SCXE24 - SCX24/Enduro24 Hybrid

Hey RCC,

Well the Sento Project is getting close to being finished, so time to start the next build. This is going to be my first scratch build. Here’s the plan:
- Enduro24 Drivetrain, this would be the 050 motor, transmission, and transfer case.
- SCX24 axles, driveshafts, and links, C10/JLU wheelbase
- AMT 1/20 GMC Sonoma for the body.

As for the rest of the parts, they will be designed in the coming months. I am thinking a carbon rail set, battery tray, and servo tray. The rest will be nylon.

Here is the body I’ll be using for the build:

As for the donor trucks:

I am planning on documenting the full process from the start to finish. Let me know what you think about this build idea. Is this crazy or a fun idea?

Phyro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2022, 11:15 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: SCXE24 - SCX24/Enduro24 Hybrid

Sounds like a fun, little project. There is always challenges when combining brands, but tats most of the fun.
Keep us posted
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 02:07 AM   #3

Yes I think it’s a great idea and will be looking forward to watching it progress!

RobbintheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 02:55 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Excellent idea. I’m definitely gonna follow this thread. Can someone remember what the enduro24 weighs stock?
2471:24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 09:53 AM   #5
Go Buckeyes!

Interesting! I'll be here to see what you have planned for it. I don't have one of the Enduro24's yet, so I'm looking forward to watching the build.

Also, nice choice on the body! I miss my old '84 GMC S-15! It would be cool to recreate it in a smaller form!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:41 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2471:24 View Post
Excellent idea. I’m definitely gonna follow this thread. Can someone remember what the enduro24 weighs stock?

Sorry, don’t have a single scale around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbintheHood View Post
Yes I think it’s a great idea and will be looking forward to watching it progress!

Thanks guys, hope you enjoy the build!

Old 04-07-2022, 08:49 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Interesting! I'll be here to see what you have planned for it. I don't have one of the Enduro24's yet, so I'm looking forward to watching the build.

Also, nice choice on the body! I miss my old '84 GMC S-15! It would be cool to recreate it in a smaller form!

This model has a lot of detail. It a bit skinner than the C10, but still a decent width for this build. I can’t find the kit locally anymore sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK KRAWLER View Post
Sounds like a fun, little project. There is always challenges when combining brands, but tats most of the fun.

Keep us posted

Found one of the quirks tonight. I was hoping to use SCX24 driveshafts. The E24 transfer case’s outputs a bit bigger than the SCX24. The pins holes for the coupler was smaller on the E24. Also, found the weakness of the E24, the axle joint. Snapped a pin while making driveshafts.

Old 04-07-2022, 09:36 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Well work has been started on the SCXE24 Sonoma tonight. I removed the drivetrain from the Enduro24. And then removed the lower half of the Deadbolt. Turns out this little guy will have a lot of SCX24 DNA when done .

I ended up removing the axle based steering mount and replaced it with a rear link mount. I am planning on a chassis mounted servo.

Well that caused the first change. I ended up lengthening the front end. It is now at JLU/C10 with Deadbolt rear. The mount also forced a 4 link front.

Then it was time build the driveshafts. First found out the transfer case has bigger output than the SCX24.

Well first, I tried to put a SCX24 shaft on the E24 yoke. Heard a snap, the joint pin snapped off. Then attempted to use SCX24 joints, and the pin hole needed to be enlarged. A 1/16 bit did the trick nicely.

Next up is getting stuff drawn in CAD. The skid will need to be custom, and so will the servo plate. Thinking this little guy is getting a Reefs micro99 I have sitting around.

Well that’s it for tonight.

Old 04-08-2022, 12:57 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

A question for the community: 3 Link w/ Pan Hard or 4 Link? I’ll be using a chassis mounted servo on the build. The motor will be mounted next the servo on this setup. Which setup is better in this case?

Old 04-19-2022, 07:10 AM   #10

One thing I didn’t particularly like about the CMS of the Enduro24 was that sometimes trying to turn the wheels on a hill would upset the chassis and make it fall, I would try a pan hard to prevent that. I ended up swapping my enduro24 axles for scx24 ones for the steering and gearing benefits. Had to make custom links to fix the geometry though.

GDI.rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:45 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

glad to see someone else tinkering with the enduro24. i've gone through many setups on mine to get it perform close to what an scx can do. here's what i've came up with(and works pretty darn well so far) when i got into scale/crawling my first two trucks were an scx24 DB and this enduro24, bought them the same day and was just shocked at the difference in performance.

-atlas 6x6 shocks(really i think any fms shock would work as i think they are all the same) the stock shocks are trash in my opinion and shouldn't be used at all. these ones will make the suspension a lot more smooth and free, very noticeable
-emax servo, imo any micro should have one. stock one is pretty weak compared to even the scx. mine died after a few tumbles.
-scx24 ESC/RX, had one laying around from my furitek scx build, much better than the stock 1s setup which didn't have enough power in any situation. and a lot more control than the other 2s systems you can find that plug n play to this truck.
-removed center transfer case, mine failed. tore itself to shreds, that was the last straw which sparked the complete rebuild
-Atlax 6x6 Transmission mounted where the transfer case was. the stock setup is geared WAY too high. on 2s i went through 4 or 5 motors last summer, and i have a lot of trucks to drive. some lasted less than a full battery pack.
-scx24 motor, i'm going to toss another atlas motor in there eventually as there is room to spare but i didn't have a good one laying around so for now this will do the trick, its surprisingly great in this transmission.
-metal driveshafts, i cant remember the brand but i had to order a few different lengths to find the two that fit this truck, the stock ones will snap with a 2s setup if you get hung up or go fwd/rev too quick.
-rc4wd beadlocks and rock lock tires(just what fits well, tires are tough on this truck, not much fits it without modifications)

how it looks now(the white plate i put in there to hold the battery, run 600mah 2s

and in this video you can check out some of its performance, took it down to the creek the other day
the SUV enduro is stock other than a servo and wheels, the pickup is mine i am talking about here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHvO_n1SHMY

any questions and i can answer!

Last edited by skurge; 05-04-2022 at 08:56 PM.
skurge is offline   Reply With Quote

SCXE24 - SCX24/Enduro24 Hybrid - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enduro24 Sendero Build-Up Vitamin_J Micro Scale Rigs 6 11-28-2021 01:24 PM
Does the Enduro24 Motor fit into SCX24? Tinted Micro Scale Rigs 2 08-06-2021 10:45 AM
topher drives an Enduro24 Topher Builds Micro Scale Rigs 15 04-16-2021 05:39 AM
Carisma-scx24 hybrid shocks chevy55 Micro Scale Rigs 4 02-15-2020 02:39 PM