Notices

Thread: Mn crawling locations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #101

Default Re: Mn crawling locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
I know where the stone steps are that one of the guys was talking about,
its in Hastings at a small park kind of hidden back in farmland. Let me know when you wanna check it out and Ill show you where it is.
Cool man.... spose to be warm this Saturday so if it's not raining we are going out again. Let me know if sat works out for you.
hossdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #102

I've be trailing/crawling with my son along the Mississippi river. Great spots at hidden falls and Crosby park. love to meet some other semi serous people in mpls st. paul area. We have slighty modified Axial ridgecrest and trail honcho.
riverrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #103

We have been to the boom sight in stillwater a few times now and took some pics for all to see. Its alot of sandy trails and sandstone rock. Entertaining for a few hours here and there. Also if you have a boat the water is clean of weeds etc and not a strong current. Just dont hit the same log i did with my spartan lol
Attached Images

hossdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Anyone have this Thursday off? Weather looks somewhat decent in the AM with possible rain around 3 or so. I may go out and find a few more local spots.

EDIT: Well frak it. Still raining. But, my new Trail Honcho should be in today so I'll start working on that. Dang weather....

Last edited by road_rascal; 06-06-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: rain
road_rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
Prospective. Going to scout this Spring.

Geology

The geological makeup of Jay Cooke State Park is one of slate, graywacke and red clay. Streams have exposed the bedrock in many places. Slate beds were formed from original deposits of mud which compacted into shale. Heat, pressure and movement converted the deeply buried shale into slate. Underground movement caused the slate and graywacke beds to fold and fracture. Later, masses of molten rock were forced through fractures in the beds and when they cooled, these intrusions formed dikes which can be seen in the river bed today.
Landscape

The rugged land formations of Jay Cooke State Park enhance the beauty of the hardwood forests. The water-eroded gorge, steep valleys, and massive rock formations are seen throughout the park. In some seasons, the water of the St. Louis River thunders over slabs of ancient, exposed rock. At other times, it slows to a gentle trickle. Visitors enjoy the scenic splendor of Jay Cooke State Park during all seasons.

780 Highway 210, Carlton, Minnesota 55718
tel: (21 384-4610
Getting There

From the town of Carlton go 3 miles east on State Highway 210.
I know this is a very old post but does anyone crawl in this area? I live right by here and I'm looking for people to crawl with.
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #106
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxed View Post
I know this is a very old post but does anyone crawl in this area? I live right by here and I'm looking for people to crawl with.
We will be just south of you next Sunday, at Banning state park, for a scaler get together. Check out the sticky for the season schedule at the top of this section. There will also be a post about it coming up sometime this next week. Hope to see you there.
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #107

I live on the north side of the Cities, 1.5 miles north of 694 off Central, and Rice Creek Regional Trail runs right behind my house. I've explored it some, and there are plenty of game trails, dry creek beds, creek banks, deadfall, and even a few rocks back in there...

And I'm also building an indoor (heated garage) obstacle course for the winter, if anyone is interested in coming over just PM me. In the spring, I'm planning to set up a TTC type course in my back yard, also
Orange58Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #108

UPDATE! The rock incline is assembled in the garage (thanks, Grunt!) and I've got a few ideas for other things. I'm inviting all you guys I met at the Howl Krawl to give me a call, your ideas and participation in the remaining obstacles would be great! I've got quite a bit of room left...
Old 12-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #109
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange58Crush View Post
UPDATE! The rock incline is assembled in the garage (thanks, Grunt!) and I've got a few ideas for other things. I'm inviting all you guys I met at the Howl Krawl to give me a call, your ideas and participation in the remaining obstacles would be great! I've got quite a bit of room left...
Any pics of said indoor rock pile? It gets to be a long winter as you all know and an indoor crawl spot would be cool.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #110
Pebble Pounder

Yeah- let's see some photos of the garage crawler course!
road_rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #111

Hey guys, I don't have the software to resize my pics of the rockpile, but if you'll send me a PM with your email, I'll send a few to ya!

Also, I'd like to host a get-together at my place on Saturday, Jan 18th, '14, from 1 to 5pm. Rockpile, sandbox, log pile, suspension bridge, concrete tunnel, and stairway, plus anything else we come up with! My intent is to provide a challenge for all levels of rig, from stock scaler to full blown comp rig. If anyone wants to participate in the remaining construction, PM me. There will be a work bench, in case of breakdown (like we'll need that, hahaha!) and a power strip for chargers. I'll even drag the grill into the garage!

Please RSVP if you'd like to attend my inaugural Snowcrawl!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #112

Thanks for the heads-up on Photobucket, SEMNMRC! I wasn't aware they had a resizing tool.
Here are a couple of pix of just the rockpile...more will get posted as the course gets finished!

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...ps87cbc8f8.jpg
http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...ps77d9652c.jpg
Old 01-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #113
Rock Stacker

i am south of winona mn about an hour from rochester willing to travel to wheel !!! lots of spots being along the mighty mississippi ...
regal200021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #114
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal200021 View Post
i am south of winona mn about an hour from rochester willing to travel to wheel !!! lots of spots being along the mighty mississippi ...
Keep your eye out for an event/gtg around the Rochester area this year!

Will post up when we get it nailed down!

Otherwise we usually make the events at Taylors Falls too. If you want to ride along?

Last edited by semnmrc; 01-09-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #115
Pebble Pounder

OK this isnt the biggest area. Its in hillcrest area of st paul Between white bear ave and mcnight rd.
Its along rail road tracks bunch of rock piles/ dirt piles ruts metal beams and i have never seen a person there in my life except me. I take my scx10 and savage flux there. Its not huge but its close enough to get a fix and run a few packs. I think its like a abandon rail yard of some sort. Check it out if you in the area. I live 15 blocks away so im there when ever I can be.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.98...ed=0CAcQ_AUoAQ
jh1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #116
Pebble Pounder

Looking for crawling spots near hastings going to make a trip down the summer and hope to get some crawling in
ptaryan654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #117
Pebble Pounder

Anything by Duluth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
blakeguski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:02 PM   #118
RCC Addict

There's a couple spots.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

Anyone have a group of google maps locations I can add to the big map?

Crawling locations
Whiplashdjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #120
RCC Addict

I'll get you a couple from duluth
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote