Thread: Mn crawling locations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #141
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Mn crawling locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reino_3000 View Post
Oh ok awesome....Let me know...I would to come and try
Comp #7 is this weekend in Taylors falls. Stop out and chat. Bring your rig and give the course a try. Things start at 10, but stop by any time from then until 2.

Dana
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #142
I wanna be Dave

Yeah Reino drag your rig up to Taylors Falls this Sunday we'd love to have you attend. The group is laid back and I think you'd have a good time.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #143
Rock Stacker

Just wanted to let u guys know me and superdrty went out to the Brooklyn park side of the coon rapids damn today. It was a fun place to do some rock crawling and trail riding. Its the best I have found in the north metro. Here's a few pics. We r thinking about going out there next sunday weather permitting if anyone wants to join us let me know or if u need directions. [IMG][/IMG]
Priv Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #144
Rock Crawler

Hey I know that white Ford!
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #145
Quarry Creeper

Yeah this spot is a blast, My new build, which is still unfinished, had an issue about 5-10 minutes in, so I went and grabbed old trusty SuperDrty, and had a blast until the last 5 minutes, where I think I burned up my 55t Integy motor, oh well, haha.

The spot is great, some wooded sections, sand, dirt, rocks of all sizes, downed limbs and branches, and tree roots galore.

We cruised 1/4-1/2 mile up the shoreline from the dam and back, spent a good 2-3 hours out there.

Last edited by SuperDrty; 10-04-2014 at 08:07 PM.
SuperDrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #146
Rock Crawler

Nice I use to bike around the coonrapids dam on the other side though. Looks like some fun!
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #147

I stumbled upon Anoka County Riverfront Park this last Saturday.

5100 E River Rd, Fridley, MN 55421

Once you enter the park take the first right and follow the road until you can't go any further and encounter a giant parking long / boat ramp.
Fun little place to crawl and bash.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx5...F5UmFN/preview
frackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #148

I made a quick video of Anoka County Riverfront Park.

AMARiLLO Trolling Under a Bridge - YouTube

Last edited by frackula; 10-28-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #149
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frackula View Post
I made a quick video of Anoka County Riverfront Park.

AMARiLLO Trolling Under a Bridge - YouTube
Looks like a decent spot man. You'll have to come out to some winter crawl events this snow season in Fridley
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #150

For sure! I'll keep a look out.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:23 AM   #151
Quarry Creeper

I've been out of the RC game for quite a few years, but now that my son is old enough, we're both kind of getting back into it.

I've been exploring fun places to go, and came across a rather epic place in town yesterday...

Shadow Falls Park Reserve.

Natural rock everywhere. Miles of hiking trails for trail riding, sections with steep/challenging hill climbs with rocks and roots to navigate. There is a small stream (about 12" wide and 2" deep with small muddy banks). You can trail ride all the way down to the bottom of the falls where it is all slick rock to play on. There are also a couple of steep, challenging rocky hill climbs to try out as well.

The only downside is that it's a scenic overlook, so on nice days there are bound to be plenty of people there. However, given the narrow trails, you are going to be in close proximity to your rig. Luckily the trails cris-cross everywhere so people can take another trail if part of it is 'occuppied'.

I just wish I found this spot a couple of weeks ago so I could get pics without all the leaves covering everything up.

Here is a pic standing at the top of the scenic area.

Here are the rocks at the bottom of the scenic area.

Another angle at the bottom.

Hiking trails have roots and rocks for trail riding. Pic doesn't show, but it's a pretty good incline.

Here is a pic of the stream you'd cross heading to the bottom of the falls.

Hiking trails are abundant, with steep drop offs; have to pay attention while navigating obstacles on the trails. If you roll, it'll go over the edge and roll down the hill and climb down.

When I go back to this spot with a rig, I'll toss climbing rope in my backpack in case I have to go fetch my car.

Last edited by rerock; 10-15-2015 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Add pics
rerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:15 AM   #152

Went to Battle Creek park yesterday, just off Lower Afton and 61. That place is ridiculously fun. Just decided to stop there on a whim and ran into another guy crawling there.
erniekz650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #153
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by erniekz650 View Post
Went to Battle Creek park yesterday, just off Lower Afton and 61. That place is ridiculously fun. Just decided to stop there on a whim and ran into another guy crawling there.
Pics or it didn't happen
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:56 PM   #154
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerock View Post
I've been out of the RC game for quite a few years, but now that my son is old enough, we're both kind of getting back into it.

I've been exploring fun places to go, and came across a rather epic place in town yesterday...

Shadow Falls Park Reserve.

Natural rock everywhere. Miles of hiking trails for trail riding, sections with steep/challenging hill climbs with rocks and roots to navigate. There is a small stream (about 12" wide and 2" deep with small muddy banks). You can trail ride all the way down to the bottom of the falls where it is all slick rock to play on. There are also a couple of steep, challenging rocky hill climbs to try out as well.

The only downside is that it's a scenic overlook, so on nice days there are bound to be plenty of people there. However, given the narrow trails, you are going to be in close proximity to your rig. Luckily the trails cris-cross everywhere so people can take another trail if part of it is 'occuppied'.

I just wish I found this spot a couple of weeks ago so I could get pics without all the leaves covering everything up.

Here is a pic standing at the top of the scenic area.

Here are the rocks at the bottom of the scenic area.

Hiking trails have roots and rocks for trail riding. Pic doesn't show, but it's a pretty good incline.

Here is a pic of the stream you'd cross heading to the bottom of the falls.

Hiking trails are abundant, with steep drop offs; have to pay attention while navigating obstacles on the trails. If you roll, it'll go over the edge and roll down the hill and climb down.

When I go back to this spot with a rig, I'll toss climbing rope in my backpack in case I have to go fetch my car.
There you are rerock, your a famous original local crawler nobody has met. Your one of the original first page posts on the now historical RCC Minnesota thread that was started back in the day. You were in at the very beginning when RCCrawler.com first got started before all the kits and RTRs.

Welcome back rerock, we've been saving your place for a long time.

The MNRCRC is strong well run and growing club a rare thing today sadly. There is healthy competition throughout all three classes so everyone is competing at their own skill and build level. Rules are extremely simple to create opportunity for newcomers and it all works flawlessly most days.

Looking forward to meeting you and your son.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:47 AM   #155

Hey guys I from Alabama and I'm now working in the Faribault area for about a year. Can someone please direct me to some good crawling locations near Faribault
bama boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:14 PM   #156

I keep seeing on the facebook (of which im not a member so i cant get details reference to "eden prairoe location and bloomington location" any one care to post up where those are? Im in chaska and some local crawling with more than just myself would be fun.
colombiapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #157

I made a map!
It's open for public editing so add your favourite spot!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Wm...Os&usp=sharing

Runfrcover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:17 AM   #158
Rock Stacker

Just giving this thread a bump. I added a few points to Run's map including my own personal spot. Just got back from a little trip to Duluth visiting most of the spots mentioned here and on the map. Gotta say I was not disappointed. Brighton Beach, Chester Park, and the Two Harbors lighthouse point were all awesome and are recommended. Especially Chester Park. Also went to Gooseberry Falls. There was some really cool spots up near the upper falls but depending on the time tourist traffic might be an issue. It was really busy when we got there but it thinned out pretty quickly closer to the park closing.
mless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:50 AM   #159

Nice to know good crawling areas to visit:
raydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 01:38 PM   #160

Anyone near the WBL area want to go crawling with a rookie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trobin017 is offline   Reply With Quote