Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2017, 10:17 PM   #281

Default Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Hi everyone! I'm looking to get into the trail/crawling scene here in MN.

I've been into rc for a few years now and I've had an scx10 for about a year. I've just been driving my rigs on my own around the twin cities but I want to meet some other rc addicts since none of my friends really care about RC's.

I'd love to start coming to the MNRCRC comps and maybe the snow crawls at phils garage. Is the snow crawl open to newcomers? Looks like I just missed the first one, bummer.

I noticed most of the comps last year were in Taylors Falls. I live in Minneapolis and that's a little over an hour away. Are there any plans this year to have some of them in the metro area?
Exitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #282
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitaph View Post
Hi everyone! I'm looking to get into the trail/crawling scene here in MN.

I've been into rc for a few years now and I've had an scx10 for about a year. I've just been driving my rigs on my own around the twin cities but I want to meet some other rc addicts since none of my friends really care about RC's.

I'd love to start coming to the MNRCRC comps and maybe the snow crawls at phils garage. Is the snow crawl open to newcomers? Looks like I just missed the first one, bummer.

I noticed most of the comps last year were in Taylors Falls. I live in Minneapolis and that's a little over an hour away. Are there any plans this year to have some of them in the metro area?
Welcome to the forums. There is a big group who crawl for fun and competitively.

The snow crawl is open to anyone with a crawler, regardless of size or brand. Just come on out.

Other than this, there are several spots that people hit up in the summer to crawl. Nothing too formal.

Make sure you check out the Robins Run outdoor course at the Hub Hobby in Little Canada.

The club competitions are usually in Taylors Falls and around Duluth. We also organize scale trail rig competitions. From G6 style events to U4 races, and we plan on a TTC series this summer. Some of the TTC events will be in Fridley.

Please don't let the hour drive to Taylors discourage you. It is one of the best locations for rock crawling terrain in Minnesota. Especially with that relative close proximity to the cities.

Dana
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:03 PM   #283

dna4enger, thanks for info.

I've been to the Hub Hobby in Little Canada many times but I had no idea they have an outdoor course. Is that just an event or is it up all year?
Exitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #284
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitaph View Post
dna4enger, thanks for info.

I've been to the Hub Hobby in Little Canada many times but I had no idea they have an outdoor course. Is that just an event or is it up all year?

It's up all year and open during daylight hours. It's to the east of the building in a little wooded area.

Go there and ask for Don Bryan or Shawn Coleman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #285

Hi guys! I just brought myself a Bomber and I'm hunting for some rocks. I was talking with Don at Hub and he sent me this way.

I'm new to trucks after many years flying fixed wing R/C. I'm thinking I might invite myself to the Worx crawl on Sunday to say hi and see how this all works!
Runfrcover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:59 PM   #286
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runfrcover View Post
Hi guys! I just brought myself a Bomber and I'm hunting for some rocks. I was talking with Don at Hub and he sent me this way.

I'm new to trucks after many years flying fixed wing R/C. I'm thinking I might invite myself to the Worx crawl on Sunday to say hi and see how this all works!

Cool man. It would be great to see you there!

Dana

Old 04-10-2017, 03:23 PM   #287

Hey I'm Jake and I'm up in Duluth. I picked up an ascender about two years ago and I joined this forum because all my questions kept bringing me to the same site lol I'm pretty much always around if anyone ever wants to tool around enger or lakeside. After seeing all the people on here I'm surprised I haven't seen another truck
JPx187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #288

Hello everyone, my name is Mike I just acquired my first crawler/trail truck, SCX10ii I have been out of the hobby for about 12 years use to have tmaxx and slash trucks, really looking forward to hitting the trail this summer.
prondzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:03 PM   #289
Rock Crawler

Hey Mike. Welcome back to the hobby. It’s fun and addicting. We focus mostly on competition and builds. We can help out with any questions. Check us out on Facebook. Search for MNRCRC
There’s another group on fb that focuses mostly on trail runs. Minnesota rock crawlers Comp & Scale.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:35 AM   #290

My name is Larry. I live in the Princeton area. If the online hobby shops ever get restocked with electronics I’ll have a couple of Wraiths and a scx10 II for my grandson and I to learn how to crawl with.
laedco58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #291
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by laedco58 View Post
My name is Larry. I live in the Princeton area. If the online hobby shops ever get restocked with electronics I’ll have a couple of Wraiths and a scx10 II for my grandson and I to learn how to crawl with.

Hey Larry. Welcome to the hobby. If you’re bored on Sunday come over to Waite Park at thunder road raceway. There is an indoor Comp that we are hosting. It’d be a great opportunity to meet some folks and check out rigs.
Plus it’s attached to hobby town and they might have some parts you need.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #292

I’ll be at work Sunday. I’ll put in for time off to attend one of the events at Taylor’s Falls when I have my trucks up and running. I’ll bring my grandson along and he can try out running a course too seeing that this endeavor was his idea.
Larry
laedco58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #293

Hey all-

My name is Ben. Just joined up on the forum here, thought I'd introduce myself. I've been on the MNRCRC Facebook page for a while, was referred to the forum recently.

I've got a couple rock crawlers, a Wraith and an SCX10.2. Been in the hobby a couple years. I have a lot of fun with building them in the winter, but when it comes time to run them in summer, I never seem to be able to find the time...
NinjaTinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:11 PM   #294
Rock Crawler

Hey all, I’ve been away from the crawling scene for a couple years raising small kids. I’m back in now building a wraith and a TRX-4. I’m just a few minutes south of Duluth. Anyone in the area?
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #295
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxed View Post
Hey all, I’ve been away from the crawling scene for a couple years raising small kids. I’m back in now building a wraith and a TRX-4. I’m just a few minutes south of Duluth. Anyone in the area?
If you are looking for locals i would check facebook. Sadly this forum is slowly dieing. But facebook is a great place to find people and stay up todate on events.
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #296
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt95 View Post
If you are looking for locals i would check facebook. Sadly this forum is slowly dieing. But facebook is a great place to find people and stay up todate on events.
Thanks!
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote