Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

welcome rc4x4x4
heminutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4x4x4 View Post
In the process of buying a Axial. Looking forward to trying crawling this coming year. I am in the process of converting my racing Clod into a crawler. I have a son that would also like to come out and try. He has been running rc for about 5 years. Is there any age restrictions you have.

Welcome aboard. No age restrictions. Everyone is welcome.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #43

Thats great to know.Looks like you will have a couple newbs out there in 2009.
rc4x4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:15 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Welcome aboard. Last year was my rookie season and everyone is very helpful. Just take good notes from Nicklepimp.

I would also caution against "small" children because of the cliffs and potholes.

Last edited by dirtyal; 01-02-2009 at 01:19 AM.
dirtyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:01 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

Got my first Axial this month and am looking to find places to get some practice driving it. Its got panthers, reverse double triangulation, alum axle upgrades, and lots of the standard junk too. Ive also got some homegrown upgrades planned but really just want to get out and drive it. Any good places to go in southern MN?

Also, I was curious about comps and how much the entry fee is. I didnt see it on the MNRCRC website.

Thanks and I hope to meet a lot of you guys!
chevihemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Hi all, I figured I should post up here to say hey. I am from St. Cloud and have had some contact with Jason about this area. I would like to come out this year and run with you all, my work days will predict if I can or not. I have an AX-10 with a few mods and a Losi MRC that I have put some work into. I saw the '09 comp list, is that all at TF? If so, where do you meet? I do not know that area at all so directions would be great. Can my son run the same truck as I do in the comps? He will want to come with and will not have a truck of his own unless things change in the near future. If not, I can run one and he the other, just would like to know for him to practice a little. I am really looking forward to meating other crawlers due to the fact that St. Cloud is dead as far as RC is concerned. There are some nitro guys that race but that is it, crawling needs to come to this town.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:06 AM   #47
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevihemi View Post
Got my first Axial this month and am looking to find places to get some practice driving it. Its got panthers, reverse double triangulation, alum axle upgrades, and lots of the standard junk too. Ive also got some homegrown upgrades planned but really just want to get out and drive it. Any good places to go in southern MN?

Also, I was curious about comps and how much the entry fee is. I didn't see it on the MNRCRC website.

Welcome! We've looked a little bit in Southern Mn for crawling locations, but haven't found any suitable for holding the size comps we have. I'm sure there's some places for practicing somewhere.
As for cost, new this year, is a $20 yearly club dues, or a $2.00 per comp entry fee. This helps pay for prizes and such, which are given out at the end of each series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed13 View Post
Hi all, I figured I should post up here to say hey. I am from St. Cloud and have had some contact with Jason about this area. I would like to come out this year and run with you all, my work days will predict if I can or not. I have an AX-10 with a few mods and a Losi MRC that I have put some work into. I saw the '09 comp list, is that all at TF? If so, where do you meet? I do not know that area at all so directions would be great. Can my son run the same truck as I do in the comps? He will want to come with and will not have a truck of his own unless things change in the near future. If not, I can run one and he the other, just would like to know for him to practice a little. I am really looking forward to meating other crawlers due to the fact that St. Cloud is dead as far as RC is concerned. There are some nitro guys that race but that is it, crawling needs to come to this town.

We've never had a problem letting 2 people use the same truck.
We meet for our comps in the part of the Park near the boat rides. A right turn into the park from the only stop light in town, takes you right into the area we crawl at.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:20 AM   #48
Web Wheeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevihemi View Post

Also, I was curious about comps and how much the entry fee is. I didnt see it on the MNRCRC website.

Erik if you can find a good place in southern MN, let us know and post up some pics.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #49
Rock Stacker

Will do. Once it drys up a bit out there Im going to check out some places I used to 1:1 wheel at as well as along the river by sibley park as they just redid the flood control last summer with lots of rip rap rock there.
chevihemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #50

Just thought I'd say hi, I've had a couple crawlers sitting around for too long, so I finally decided to put them together. Now I think I'm gonna need therapy..I'm addicted. Would love to check out one of the competitions, or any other club function. Is there anything I need to do to become a member? Or anyway I can help MNRCRC? (need me some stickers!) Here's my Copperhead/Axial crawler

Name:  Pictures 010.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  75.5 KB
JoeSixPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:33 PM   #51

Default New last summer to rc crawling

I started with a wheeling King...still use it a lot in the winter for some snow wheeling. I got an RTR ax-10 and was wheeling with a group here in Duluth. I live right on lake superior so i go down to the shore a lot and burn through a battery as ships cruise in amd out of the harbor. There are some awesome spots to wheel here. Me and a few guys did a couple saturday crawls before the snow came. I would love to put on an event this summer. My rig is pretty stock but I am working on it. A little tweek here and there and all of a sudden it crawls pretty good.
kwapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:49 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

welcome to rcc
heminutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Hello everyone! and it was great to find this site. I'm just getting into crawling after years of nitro racing...think the slower pace will be a welcome change. Hope you guys dont mind if I pick your brains from time to time.
Dark8ngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #54

Welcome to RCC!! and the addiction of RC crawling.
Pick away, we're always here to help. You're not alone, many of our MNRCRC members are Nitro racing converts, who've found the slower pace of crawling a welcome addition to their RC hobby

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 04-11-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #55
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark8ngel View Post
Hope you guys dont mind if I pick your brains from time to time.

You ain't going to find much...:-P

Welcome
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Thanks guys...

Last edited by Dark8ngel; 04-11-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: found the needed info
Old 04-11-2009, 11:49 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark8ngel View Post
Hello everyone! and it was great to find this site. I'm just getting into crawling after years of nitro racing...think the slower pace will be a welcome change. Hope you guys dont mind if I pick your brains from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb View Post
You ain't going to find much...:-P

Welcome

Of course that goes without saying, he's from Wi
Old 04-11-2009, 11:59 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Let me guess...swiss cheese?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up Had a great time at comp. in Taloyrs Falls

For my first time it was a blast, dispite the gloomy weather and my gloomyer truck ( needs alot work) I think I was the only Venom Creeper there? Can't wait for next comp......waiting................still waiting.................... see ya soon
TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:03 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed13 View Post
fixed13 if you can get over to Isanti / cambridge area you can go with me to comps in T.F. I leave here about 8 or 8:30am on comp day, If anyone else would like to meet up before we could crawl pool toghether. Its a straight shot across 95 from here. As far as places to crawl , try looking at concrete companys if they have dumping area they will usually let you use them, it's not like we will break the concrete, just our trucks. Landscape supply places are good too, but can be picky about hrs you run(after close)
TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote