Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #61

Default lost my comp cherry

well today was my first comp...and yes i did get my ass handed to me but i left with a ton of great ideas to do to my truck....i was the guy with the chuck norris shirt...totaly worth the two hour drive...I WILL BE BACK AND NEXT TIME I MAY NOT SUCK AS MUCH...lol
typeostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #62

hi i am new to this forums been crawling for couple years with rtr ax 10 been upgrading this year to more of rock crawler got aluim upgrade, noak 45 turn with rooster spd crtl ,4 link ,280 oz orion servo, jconcepts wheels and tires just got used JR radio and lipo battery hope to do more but ready to start competing .
jaydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #63

Default Newbie to RCCRAWLER and to crawling

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and also new to crawling. I got started about 3 months ago and have 2 Axial SCX10's one was converted from my Axial AX10. I have been into RC stiff since the 80's so I know some things, I would like to get more involved with this new hobby and would like to meet other crawlers and scalers. If anyone would like to meet up and do some crawling or just shoot the breeze about crawling that would be great.

Thanks John
2wheels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:09 AM   #64
Rock Stacker

Hey all i have been wanting a 1:1 crawler for a while now but have to many project cars laying around. lol So i bought a redcat RS10 of course they are back ordered untill the end of the month so i am waiting and reading. I have read and searched on here for a while and after reading the RS10 posts it seemed to be the best choice for me. I have very few if any weekends off so i wont be runing comps but just playing and enjoying my local rock piles so i felt the redcat would be a great start with the MOA and rear steer. I would love to get together with some other crawlers if anyone has weekdays off.
Thanks for all the info and i hope to be able to contribute here when i can.
greaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Talking

Hello,

Raced 1/10 off-road buggies back in the day in St. Paul. I had a variety of Tamiya cars such as the Bigwig & Frog as well as an Associated RC10. Just bought a Losi MRC and have started ugrading parts as time passes. Is there anywhere local that has an indoor course? I am also thinking about changing from stock motor to Holmes mini torque master. Thoughts? Hope to learn a lot from all of your info here.
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipervision View Post
Hello,

Raced 1/10 off-road buggies back in the day in St. Paul. I had a variety of Tamiya cars such as the Bigwig & Frog as well as an Associated RC10. Just bought a Losi MRC and have started ugrading parts as time passes. Is there anywhere local that has an indoor course? I am also thinking about changing from stock motor to Holmes mini torque master. Thoughts? Hope to learn a lot from all of your info here.

It was nice to meet you at the Mermaid yesterday. Hope to see you up at Taylors Falls once the snow melts.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

THX. I guess last place with my 1.9 against four 2.2's isn't that bad since I came in first for the 1.9 class. Course really made my little 1.9 look small. Need to get the LCC...hopefully by spring. I had a great time at comp. I am going to buy the Losi 1/18 mini desert buggy (2.4ghz controller) to race for my son...aka me for next time. In 2 weeks will they be racing pullers, crawlers & 1/18 trucks again? Check out the home theater pics on this site www.admitonecinema.com if you are in to this kind of stuff.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:35 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Fedex just showed up at my office and I got tons-o-aluminum upgrades for my MRC. I decided I am going to go with the Castle sidewinder micro esc & Holmes mini torque master motor but that will not be until next month. Can anyone recommend a reasonbly priced nimh/lipo charger/ balancer/discharger that won't break the bank?
Old 03-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #69

howdy my name is phil and i am just getting into this glad to see there are a bunch of guys in MN. as of now i have a axial scx-10 a cco1 wrangler and F-350 high lift i know it would be a long haul for me but i might try to get to one of the events
freewheelinbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #70

go to hobbypartz.com
jaydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #71

Default hey everybody

hey everybody amber and me are coming back this year at comp #2....we had a bad year last year with family members passing away and money got tight but it's a new year ....so game on...every body get me up to date
typeostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:32 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeostyle View Post
hey everybody amber and me are coming back this year at comp #2....we had a bad year last year with family members passing away and money got tight but it's a new year ....so game on...every body get me up to date

Good to see you back. I thought maybe you two ran off to find easy street.

(For those who don't remember...)
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #73

Whats up guys. I'm from Duluth and new to the crawling thing, but not new to the RC hobby in general. I bought an AX10 ARTR last fall and had a blast with it in the yard/woods/garage. I really like how you can do so much with the crawlers in a relatively small space. Now that spring is here I am starting to look for good places to crawl around town. I don't think I will want to do any comp stuff-just keep it recreational.

I have seen some of the scaler threads and those really intrigue me, but I have a feeling it could get expensive pretty quick. lol
CrawlinFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #74

Hey all, my name is Dan, I just got my AX10 second hand in a trade and just went to my first comp today at Taylors Falls and maybe meet a bunch of you. I had fun and I hope to try to keep going, it was fun. I'd like to get a SCX10 seeing how much fun you guys were having after they were busted out. Otherwise I have a couple tweeks to make to my rig to make it legal and to make it better, otherwise thats me.

A couple hours after the comp I went back to TF, seeing as I like like 16 miles from there, and ran around on the rocks, It was lots of fun and maybe next time I'll bring a couple killed tennis balls to practice.

and a pic after I went back

scarletvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:47 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

hi my names josh and i just got in to rcing this year(me and my dad bought a slash and a rustler) and i went to a race down in preston and i met some really nice guys that showed me ther crawlers(brain fart cant remeber there names) and thats what got me intrested so now im looking to get my first crawler this winter for x-mas(im only 16) and have soome fun next year with you guys.
p.s. i will be at the oct.3rd comp at taylors falls to watch
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #76

I'm a newb... RTR Honcho...
Build thread: First Mods to the Honcho...

Last edited by cptcorn; 09-20-2010 at 09:32 PM.
cptcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Hi all, My name is Jim...... and I am an R/C addict. Was out of the hobby for a few years, now i've returned and discovered r/c crawling. Was watchin for deals on the ax-10 ARTR for some time until I heard of the xr-10, seen it and had to have it. I managed to scoop one up between out of stock times, now just waiting for fxr / 45 turn combos to restock. Excited to meet up with you guys and learn some tricks. I'm 60 miles west of twin cities.

Gear:
XR10
4pk... 614 rx
cc bec
futaba 9157 steering
2x Tekin FX-R esc
2x Tekin 45t motors
Losi Comp Crawler Tires

Last edited by Wasp26Jim; 12-10-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Wasp26Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesotamudder View Post
hi my names josh and i just got in to rcing this year(me and my dad bought a slash and a rustler) and i went to a race down in preston and i met some really nice guys that showed me ther crawlers(brain fart cant remeber there names) and thats what got me intrested so now im looking to get my first crawler this winter for x-mas(im only 16) and have soome fun next year with you guys.
p.s. i will be at the oct.3rd comp at taylors falls to watch
Hey bud! If you are referring to the Preston county fair race that was me (Billy) and Chad. I'm glad you and your dad are getting into crawling too! Definitely come check out TF on the 3rd if your around.
wild bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Cool

Hello all... My name is Toby, I have always enjoyed R/C and I have been crawling for fun since the ax-10 came out in kit form... but never competed, so I am really looking forward to this weekend in Taylors Falls. I also have a AE T-4 for bashing.
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:53 AM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrZod View Post
Hello all... My name is Toby, I have always enjoyed R/C and I have been crawling for fun since the ax-10 came out in kit form... but never competed, so I am really looking forward to this weekend in Taylors Falls. I also have a AE T-4 for bashing.
Welcome Yardmaster CmdrZod
Wasp26Jim is offline   Reply With Quote