Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #101

Hey everybody. Just moved to Otsego from California. Lookin for some new crawling buddies and good spots. Comp or scale; any crawlin is good crawlin. Also, anyone no of a good hobby show for r/c? Been to a couple hobbytowns here and they were no help.
ohsoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

welcome, show up to one of our events and introduce your self.
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

hello my name is River and i am a newbie to the hole rc world as of right now i have nothing to drive but i do have a mess of parts that i want to out together and build a nice starter crawler. I live in Blaine and i was just wondering if there is anyone else out there that crawls that lives near me?
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Welcome Grunt95. There are quite a few of us who live in the northern suburbs. I live 10 minutes away from you. Our next comp at Taylors Falls is in 2 weeks. Check us out there and enojoy the fun. The comp schedule is listed here: MNRCRC 2011 Season Schedule & Details
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #105

hey my name is Jamie and im from Duluth. i live in Superior for the time being. i used to race up at spirit. had a revo and a stadium, but then college cam along and i had other things i needed to spend money on so i sold em. now im looking to get back into rc's with help from my friend steve(silverdirt) as he is called on here. so im looking to build a scale crawler, leaning more towards the scx10 cause of its mods you can do and i really have always wanted to build a old yota' body.

ive been told the scene up north is actually pretty popular. im hoping to get his lazy back into the scene also.
GR1B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #106

Just got a Losi MRC pro at the swap meet this last weekend, my first crawler other than my Axial scx10 that i used to own.
Crawlerboy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #107
Quarry Creeper

Welcome! Be sure to read the stickeys and ask questions. And we would love to have you make it to some of the comps this coming spring and summer! There should be a schedule posted sometime soon. They are usually held at Taylors Falls... the best spot to crawl in a 500 mile radius!
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #108

Default Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Hey guys. In Rochester originally from St Peter. Just breaking into crawling and scale stuff. Not a competition type of guy at all. Do it all for fun. Looking in to my first purchase here in a couple weeks not sure what I wanna get yet so trying to reach my 30 posts to check out the classifieds ha ha. Anyone know some good spots to go in the area once I get my rig or for general nitro truck bashing?
SabaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #109
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabaII View Post
Hey guys. In Rochester originally from St Peter. Just breaking into crawling and scale stuff. Not a competition type of guy at all. Do it all for fun. Looking in to my first purchase here in a couple weeks not sure what I wanna get yet so trying to reach my 30 posts to check out the classifieds ha ha. Anyone know some good spots to go in the area once I get my rig or for general nitro truck bashing?
Welcome. Jerry's RC in Lino Lakes has a free outdoor track. Saturdays (given weather is nice) there are always guys at the track. 8322 Lake Drive, Circle Pines, MN 55014-2135. (651) 786-1336.

For crawling you can't beat Taylors Falls. I know this is a ways from you but perhaps some of the other guys know of some closer areas for both to you.
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Hi and welcome my dad(semnmrc) and me live in eyota(like 15miles east of rochester). We race in the summer at teas hobby shop in chester Teas Hobby Shop
Charlie(the owner) is a nice guy and will order you anything for a good price. The have offroad outdoor, and indoor oval racing.
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #111

Thanks for the info mnmudder. I will have to make it out there one of these days. Like I said I do not race but maybe down the road. Yeah I like to keep my purchasing local if possible but end up having to order most stuff anyways. Our hobby shop in Mankato had closed up and forced me to the internet. Now the one hobby shop I have been to here has pretty much zero HPI parts. Kind of a bummer.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #112
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thanks for the info mnmudder. I will have to make it out there one of these days. Like I said I do not race but maybe down the road. Yeah I like to keep my purchasing local if possible but end up having to order most stuff anyways. Our hobby shop in Mankato had closed up and forced me to the internet. Now the one hobby shop I have been to here has pretty much zero HPI parts. Kind of a bummer.
I think teashobbyshop has a good selection of hpi parts, what hobby shop did you go to, everything hobby? They tend to lean towards planes and traxxas stuff.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesotamudder View Post
I think teashobbyshop has a good selection of hpi parts, what hobby shop did you go to, everything hobby? They tend to lean towards planes and traxxas stuff.
Yeah. I was just in there again tonight and pretty much nothin. They are nice guys but I would like to get somewhere that has the support. They did mention that they will be carrying more. So staying hopeful. They seem very anti-HPI though. I, personally, am very pro HPI. So Idk what to do. I am even more confused right at the moment.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #114
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yeah. I was just in there again tonight and pretty much nothin. They are nice guys but I would like to get somewhere that has the support. They did mention that they will be carrying more. So staying hopeful. They seem very anti-HPI though. I, personally, am very pro HPI. So Idk what to do. I am even more confused right at the moment.
ya thats how everything hobby is, they probably wont get more hpi stuff, they have allways had the same stuff. Teas is a good place to got they have alot of stuff for hpi, losi, AE, Traxxas, and others and what they dont have they can order for the same or less than online price.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesotamudder View Post
ya thats how everything hobby is, they probably wont get more hpi stuff, they have allways had the same stuff. Teas is a good place to got they have alot of stuff for hpi, losi, AE, Traxxas, and others and what they dont have they can order for the same or less than online price.
Well you have talked me in to stopping at Teas tomorrow. Going to see what they have/how they are there. Now I just have to make up my mind on what crawler I want to purchase.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #116

Hi I'm Gavic. Just started crawling and mudding this year. Wanting to hit slot of competitions this year! Love rcsparks and if you know of any events and you need some more people I'm your guy. Just send me an invite. Later.
Gavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #117
Pebble Pounder

Welcome SabaII and Gavic.

Check out the post in this(MN) section to see the schedule for crawler and scale events.

Hey SabaII, you will be surprised by how little Teas has on hand right now.They kind of go with the seasons and it's indoor race season now , so he has mostly indoor oval stuff. As the weather changes he will get more outdoor shortcourse stuff. He nver has carried any crawler/scaler stuff as far as complete trucks for sale (he needs to hiore my son to influence him some!Ha Ha!). But again , just ask him, if you know what you want and he'll get it!

Last edited by semnmrc; 03-01-2012 at 10:27 AM.
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by semnmrc View Post
Welcome SabaII and Gavic.

Check out the post in this(MN) section to see the schedule for crawler and scale events.

Hey SabaII, you will be surprised by how little Teas has on hand right now.They kind of go with the seasons and it's indoor race season now , so he has mostly indoor oval stuff. As the weather changes he will get more outdoor shortcourse stuff. He nver has carried any crawler/scaler stuff as far as complete trucks for sale (he needs to hiore my son to influence him some!Ha Ha!). But again , just ask him, if you know what you want and he'll get it!
Ya I was in there today and was a little disappointed. I ordered some stuff through them though as per you and your sons recommendation. If they treat me right I will stay through them. Although Everything Hobby told me they are going to start carrying some crawler stuff. Teas better jump on the bandwagon before it leaves.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #119
Rock Stacker

Hello my name is Matt. Im not quit sure how to join or what not.. Do I just show up this sunday at taylors falls and introduce myself? thanks!
mrkrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #120
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrinkle View Post
Hello my name is Matt. Im not quit sure how to join or what not.. Do I just show up this sunday at taylors falls and introduce myself? thanks!
Yup thats about it. Show up introduce your self and watch out for that wierd guy in the funny hat. (Baller)LOL
Reddogsf is offline   Reply With Quote