Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: Willing to share some insight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Willing to share some insight?

From one that would like to be able to put together the same type of event in a different geo location then the Midwest Challenge was, would you guys of KC be willing to share the Pro's and Con's of how you saw this event?

I had just a few questions myself, but others are welcome to put in their two cents as well.

1. How much area were you able to use at Fastlane for the event, and could you have used more?

2. How did you perceive the coverage by RCC? Would a DSL line been better then a cell/wireless connection? Would you have liked to have seen more interviews of competitors after their runs?

3. How was the mix of real rock and artificial rock received by the competitors? What was their response to the course layout in general?

I was just wondering in general how you evaluated to event. I really believe in doing so, you and others like myself could make these events even better. Just look at how it improved from last year alone.

You guys did a great job, and I hope to learn from your experience.

Thanks so much for sharing your insight.

Was wondering if this needed to be posted in the Missouri Region insted of this one? Could the Admin move this if that is the case? Thanks.

Last edited by jaxcoffee; 03-04-2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Question for Admin.
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Most of your other questions may be better suited for the KC guys, but here's my 2 cents:

I think the guys down in Kansas City did a great job overall. They were given the entire room to work with, and I think they did a fine job with the space they had. Enough space for the competitor to walk the course without interfernce, and the crowd was enough space to see clearly. Spectators were able to just walk a few feet to check out a different course. The RCC guys even had enough space for their command center.

The courses were challenging enough to make full use of the 5 minutes limits, yet not too challenging to discourage newbies. The use of natural rock was well though out. They used flatter rocks, glued to the wooden frame of the course. This ensured the courses were stable and consistant. The rocks were placed together nicely so that there weren't too many holes to get caught in. The man made courses were pretty good. There was not much traction on the 'blob', but it was makeable.

Overall it was a pleasant experience.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote