Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

View Poll Results: Try the new running order?
Yes, let's try the new method. 23 95.83%
No, I'm happy with the current method. 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Time's a-Ticking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Time's a-Ticking

Last Sunday, we got off to a bit of a late start. We would have been on time if it wasn't for the ~20 minutes drawing the starting order. The way that we currently draw for running order, we have to wait till everyone shows up and signs in, then we randomize the sign-in sheet order, then copy it down to the scoresheet, and then split the list and make a second set of scoresheets for the second course. It sucks just typing it, let alone actually doing that process.

I'd like to see us use the current standings to determine the running order. Go right down the standings and alternate between the 2 courses. The first place person would go first on course 1, second place goes first on course 2, third goes second course 1 and so on. This way, we can write up the score sheets before we even get to the park, and could even post them days before. This would make the people at the top earn their keeps by going first at least on 1 course (this was mentioned by a few people as something they'd like to see).

To give you guys an example, let's use our current rankings to show what the running order would be for comp 4.
Current rankings for 2.2:

This is what the running order would be:

If someone didn't show up, we could just skip them. And if someone shows up that isn't ranked we could add them at the end (their first run would be at the blue line before anyone's second run, then their second would be at the very end of the other course.

This would also prevent any first-timers from going first, which we all agreed at the meeting we wanted to avoid.

Please vote your preference. The pole will end May 25th.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
Web Wheeling

If we go by standings, do not go by season standings but the last comp placement.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:57 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Why? How is that any better?
Old 05-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #4
Web Wheeling

It will mix it up more, I know it ends up being more work as some comps you might only have 12 people. Take the initial order off the previous comp, then the rest off the season standings.

First comp of each season, random order sign up as we do now, and new comers to the season after it starts would also be dropped into the list in random order, on the end.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:49 PM   #5

If you need more help with the score sheets in the morning I'll help there to & did I take second on the second course It's all good !
Spider Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I don't care either way as long as it will speed up getting started...
SFC K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Mike, I agree about the first comp of the season-keep it randomized. But I think it'd just be easier to base the others off the season standings. That way we only have to add the first timers in at the park-probably just a couple per comp. Otherwise we have to add everyone that wasn't at the previous comp to the current week in the parking lot. If we have some more shaky weather and a bunch of people don't make it, then we have to add that many more to the next one after they sign in.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Exclamation

The people have spoken. I will post up the running order in the comp thread. Thanks to everyone for voting.