Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

View Poll Results: Should we change to score cards?
Leave the score sytem as it is, no change needed. 1 7.14%
Change to the new score cards, keep the current running order. 3 21.43%
Change to the new score cards, use free running order. 10 71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Score cards, or score sheets?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
Web Wheeling

Default Score cards, or score sheets?

I've been working on this score card for a couple days, made a few changes along the way. A few of us will be testing out the new cards tomorrow to see if any further changes are needed.

Here are the current options of how we can run things.

1. Continue running comps the way we are, 8 drivers per score sheet in ranked running order. These sheets include everyone that has competed this season, even if they do not make the comp.

2. Use the new score cards, using 1 card per course per driver. And the running order would be in ranked order, same as the current running order.

3. Use the new score cards, 1 card per course. But use the free run system, get in line for either course when ever you are ready. Jay and Troy experienced this system out in Ohio and said it was very smooth.

So post up and let us know how you feel about it, and please cast your vote. Please do not vote if you do not plan on competing in our club. Mnster, Cole you guys can vote if you are going to make future events
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #2

Why is the option on running order included? I think it would be better if we addressed these changes individually instead of lumping multiple changes together... (while the scoring sheets have had a discussion there hasn't really been a discussion on the running order/free order...)

Also this poll does not address when we should try the new system...

Just my opinions...

Last edited by Indy; 08-02-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Web Wheeling

Your right, I forgot about adding the options for using the new system at the next comp, or the one after that. Lets assume we will be making the change for the next comp. But if you want to wait one more comp, then cast your vote on the system you would like to use. Then post up that you want to see us hold off on the switch, but you support the switch.

And we can lump the votes together on the two score card options, but go with the side that gets more votes in terms of running order. The running order its self is a more recent idea put out by others.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:27 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

i also had the fun of the free run when i went to NOR CAL event and went very smooth considering how many people were there..... no one needed to know if they ran you just put your truck in a formed line near the front of the course you wanted to run then went to next course and did the same and if no one was on corse for longer than 5 min they picked up the gates and the course was done.......easy as pie......and same judges for the courses the whole day and at the end they switched and ran each others course while other judged
intimadationrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
tjb
Rock Crawler

I think we're starting to get a bit too jumpy on this all. I like the layout Mike, here's the tri-state one. I think the breakdown clears things up even more...

The reverse blocks are single mark blocks (no confusion on marks). We should just pull all the ideas together and hold off untill the break. Set a GTG at TF and kick things around then maybe.....
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb View Post
I think we're starting to get a bit too jumpy on this all. I like the layout Mike, here's the tri-state one. I think the breakdown clears things up even more...

The reverse blocks are single mark blocks (no confusion on marks). We should just pull all the ideas together and hold off untill the break. Set a GTG at TF and kick things around then maybe.....

I really like the layout of the Tri-state one. Lot less cluttered then the one being used now.
fast5xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #7
Web Wheeling

A few of us ran a very hard course in the rain with the score cards. I think the 4 section reverse layout worked very well, and doesn't take up as much space on the card. Also our card does not lump so many of the larger penaltys together, and we have a totals section for each gate. Overall I think they work very well and are easy to follow. I don't see any reason to wait on using them my self, but I will put up a seperate poll for that and let everyone decide.

We can always change up the score cards if we find they need improvment too.

Ohh and Kevin won today, I think Gary left when he did so he could work on his Berg
Old 08-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
Web Wheeling

After a few more suggestions by Troy and Kevin today, here is the latest version.

Open to any suggestions from others too.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Good work guys I like it.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
tjb
Rock Crawler

Does the emblem HAVE TO HAVE a yellow jeep?

Nice improvement, looking good
Old 08-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #11
Web Wheeling

They are printed in black and white off my laser printer... Pretend the Jeep is pink
Old 08-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #12
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
They are printed in black and white off my laser printer... Pretend the Jeep is pink

Im really liking the edit on this, it breaks down things perfect I think. Did you guys discuss the Judges keeping the cards and filling out each drivers card as they run and then hanging onto them until comp is finished? I think this would be better than hunting down cards from everyone at the end, plus someone could run down and start inputting them throughout the day also so it's not a mad rush when we're done..........
Old 08-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #13
Web Wheeling

Jay, what I have wanted to do from the start of this score card idea is to have official score keepers. I'm steeping up to the plate to help handle this, here is how it will work. After a driver finishes their run, the judge will tally up the score. Then the judge and driver both sign the card, and the driver will bring the card to the score keeper who will then double/tripple check the numbers before adding them to the score sheet. The score keeper will also sign off on the card, and the driver can take their card after that if they want. At the end of the day, we can take the score sheet, and enter them into the laptop. This should also speed up the end of the day as all the scores will be on a couple sheets of paper, rather then dealing with 40-70 sheets of paper.

If anyone else wants to step up to help be a score keeper, it wouldn't hurt to have one for each course.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #14
tjb
Rock Crawler

Sounds good to me.........

Count me in too.

Last edited by tjb; 08-04-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #15

here to help just let me know i also have a lap top if needed

jerry
overboard is offline   Reply With Quote