Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: Possible Comp in minot ND

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Possible Comp in minot ND

Hello I'am looking to hold a comp at our crawler park in Minot ND there will be decent prizes for the top three at least please post a reply or PM me if u would be interested.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

It would depend on the date of the comp for me.
THAT1GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

sometime in mid to late september give me some saturdays or sundays that will work for u guys and will kinda see from there
Old 08-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I am free every weekend in Sept except the weekend of the 5,6,7. Lets see some pictures of the crawler park you guys have.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

K I'll get some and see if I can't get some pipes and rail road ties to make it like the super crawl we had at RMR in utah or something along those lines.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #6
Donkey Punch Champion!

Why not Minot?...Cause it's in the middle of NO WHERE! Good luck with that one. Sorry man TF is too close and too good to change venue's for me. And don't invite TQCookie, he's a ringer. That guy can drive.

Ryan
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I know I've competed against him a couple times. He's a good driver. And if u want to become better u have to compete with people who are better drivers.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Why not Minot?...Cause it's in the middle of NO WHERE!

WTF? didn't you know there's a beautiful girl behind every tree!
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I used to race 1/12 scale cars in Minot years ago with Bob Stormer, Pat and Jason McWethy, Mitch Witiman a rowdy bunch of freekin Canadians eh and some Air Force lifers who talked a lot about pushing buttons on world distruction it was a good time.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

have i mentioned that i'm considering doing a cash payout for the top three spots but in order to do so i need dates that work for u guys to come down and run. There is no entry fee all u have to do is show up and compete. I have also thought of getting the new rcp truck or the rc4wd timberwolf for the grand prize. Tell me wut u would like to see and have and I'll do my best to make everyone happy.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:49 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I think the only weekend in September that would work is the 20/21. We have comps on the 14th and 28th. And Nationals is the first week.
THAT1GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:17 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
I used to race 1/12 scale cars in Minot years ago with Bob Stormer, Pat and Jason McWethy, Mitch Witiman a rowdy bunch of freekin Canadians eh and some Air Force lifers who talked a lot about pushing buttons on world distruction it was a good time.
Hey Storm, did you participate in any of the 24hr enduro events that the guys put on back in the day. I made it up there for a few of those. Believe it or not Mitch is still racing 1/12 cars. A really good group of guys in Minot.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Hey TQ, Yup I don't think I ever missed a 24 hr race over the years they were a blast. I also made it to several other races in Minot and a couple in Bismark what a great group and we were all very close. The ND boys were always involved in the National competition back in those days as you know I think the first time I met Mitch he was about 13 he had a amazing talent then and still does. MN, ND, SD, Neb, MO and Iowa were ROAR region 5 so there was always a lot of traveling threw out the Region and the competition was top notch. Do you remember my partner Nub Kopiska we were both sponsored by Bolink/Revtech in those days. I later ran with Peter Fitch we had Delta/Tekin/Paragon sponsorship.Yes sir I have had many a good time racing 1/12 scale in both North and South Dakota and been to Minot many times. We also had some big events in Mpls in those days and the ND group was always supportive.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

so who can I count in (meaning u will show up?) from this area
Old 08-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Count me #1
Old 08-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Thunder thanks for the invite but my condition prohibits me from traveling great distances..... I'm just a "Homeboy" these days. ..... Storm
Old 08-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Ok I'm sorry to hear that I hope to compete out that way more. And glad to hear you'll be there tqcookie.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #18
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder7845 View Post
so who can I count in (meaning u will show up?) from this area

So that we all don't seem likes dicks down this way, (by not responding) I would also like to thank you for the invite, however, I am pretty much booked solid for the rest of the crawling season. And with 9 MNRCRC members attending the USRCCA crawling Nationals in Moab Ut in the 1st week of Sept, I think it's a bad time to draw interest from this area.
Speaking for myself, I try and plan my crawling comp road trips for the Summer, by Feb-Mar. This year its been Kansas City Mo, Dayton Oh, Moab Ut, and Disney Ok. If you want to do draw much interest from this area, my suggestion would be to look through the Big regional comp date's and the '09' MNRCRC schedule ASAP after the 1st of the year or so, and pick a date that doesn't conflict with any, and post up pic's and info as early as possible, so people who do like to travel to compete in different areas can plan ahead for it. I know with the Nationals, and an MNRCRC comp on Sept 14th and 28th, plus Pheasant and Grouse hunting season starting, Sept is a bad month for me.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I was wondering when you'd show up freetime.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:42 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Moab is my back yard it's fun to run there with the real rock crawlers or the RC's the easter jeep safari is loads of fun to go to. And the XRRA is insane to watch. Well thank u for letting me know.