None of these work for me 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: MNRCRC Winter Meeting #1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 06:34 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
P.S. I need information on "Pulling" chassis and stuff.
Talk to Jason at Innovative Audio & Extreme Hobby in Hucthinson: (320)234-6969
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2008, 06:43 AM   #42
Web Wheeling

We could have stickers made, and sell those to raise money for the club. I can get our sticker guy through work to print high quality stickers really cheap. I had some made for our Toyota club for less then $1 a sticker, full color 3" diameter. Could have small window banners and circle logos made on small sheets and sell them for $5 a set. The only flaw to this, is we need money up front for the stickers.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Default Yesterday

Was any progress made on the list yesterday?
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:43 PM   #44
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
Agenda: (I will add to this as suggestions are brought up.)
  • 2009 Schedule 2009 Spring/Summer and Summer/Fall series schedules have been chosen, they will be posted a little later.
  • Regional Comp
    • Do we want to host a regional comp? It was decided that we don't want to try and host a regional comp at least in '09'
    • Membership/Running Fees A $20 yearly dues was decided apon, or $2.00 per comp entry fee for those that think they my not make many of the comps. ($24 if all were made) Chris Dean (Gysgt Hartman) was chosen as club treasurer.
    • Series Scoring System
    • Continue with comp points, or points on finishing order? It was decided that we stay with the current scoring system.
  • 1.9” Class It was decided to start running a USRCCA rules 1.9 class starting with the Spring/Summer '09' series.
  • Super Class Alive and kicking, get your Supers ready for the '09' season. (there may be some changes in the super class rules for '09' from the USRCCA) We'll keep you up dated.
  • Update on ’09 USRCCA rules Updated on any proposed changes for the '09' season from our USRCCA rules rep Nicklepimp.
  • Scale Events
    • Seperate from regular comps? Not much interest was showed in having seperate scale events.
    • Alternate locations Not much was talked about as far as alternate locations. However, we have several locations that need scouting this Spring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
Was any progress made on the list yesterday?

This is what we talked about and decided yesterday.
We can revisit these topics and bring up any new topics to talk about for our Winter/Spring '09' meeting in Jan/Feb.

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 11-24-2008 at 05:46 PM.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:20 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Thanks to everyone that came to the meeting, and thanks again to Ken. Having the meeting at the Mermaid before the pulling event worked out well.

Troy pretty much covered the details of the meeting. Here's the '09 schedule of comps. We'll add the Howl Krawl and possibly some other scale events later.

2009 Schedule
Spring Series
  1. April 19th
  2. May 3rd
  3. May 17th
  4. May 31st
  5. June 14th
  6. June 28th
Fall Series
  1. July 12th
  2. July 26th
  3. Aug 9th
  4. Aug 23rd
  5. Sept 20th
  6. Oct 4th
Old 11-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Nice work guys it's good to have a schedule locked down this early.

I do think it would be nice on one of the big comps weekends maybe the "Battle at the Border" were we get lots of outside the MNRCRC people Mnster, Mnsters bro, TQ Cookie, Jason ect. there's is a nice opportunity to have a scale event on Saturday before.

I don't care if you ladies weren't excited about a scale event we should have at least one.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #47
RCC Addict

As Storm already stated, nice to have the schedule all set already. I plan on making all comps the first half of the season.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

So the scaler events have kinna pooped out???? Heck I am building 2 a shelf queen and a scale crawler...Guess I should have been there...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #49
Donkey Punch Champion!

Scale comps are not going to happen. There is TOO much going on with the regular comps. We could kill Supers and then there is room. Kidding. Anyone is welcome to setup/host/run a scale comp. Just let the rest of us know when you are going to have it.

Keep building Lonewolf, there is plenty of time to run scalers at Taylor Falls, after the comps.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #50
RCC Addict

We are still planning on holding the Howl Krawl in Oct '09, and possibly some other scaler events, but our main focus is definitely the comps. But like Baller said, keep building those scalers; we love to see scalers at Taylors Falls.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Im good for that
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Scale comps are not going to happen. There is TOO much going on with the regular comps. We could kill Supers and then there is room. Kidding. Anyone is welcome to setup/host/run a scale comp. Just let the rest of us know when you are going to have it.

Keep building Lonewolf, there is plenty of time to run scalers at Taylor Falls, after the comps.
Let's do that Baller a seperate scale run at the falls hell we usually have a hole in the comp schedule some place. I'm pumped up about scalers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
We are still planning on holding the Howl Krawl in Oct '09, and possibly some other scaler events, but our main focus is definitely the comps. But like Baller said, keep building those scalers; we love to see scalers at Taylors Falls.
It would be nice if for Howl crawl you didn't need to be a Mountain Goat. (:flipoff)
Old 12-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #53
Web Wheeling

We run scalers after every comp... We have just decided not to compete with them at this time.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

It would be nice to see a focus on the scalers for a couple events not just after the comps which is very cool but we've been talking about doing something since I arrived on the scene.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #55
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
It would be nice if for Howl crawl you didn't need to be a Mountain Goat. :flipoff
ROFLMAO. I am laughing with you here Norm. I too feel the place is slightly dangerous. It is a neat spot. The scalers at Talyors Falls is just something that is extra at this point. However some of you need to stick around long enough after the comps to have any fun.

Ryan
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Ryan, I would love to stay longer but unfortunately I've been fighting a antibiotic resistant infection for 17 months it's been a real drag. Hopefully I will get this behind me at some point and be able to better enjoy club activities.