RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Minnesota (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/minnesota/)
-   -   "Basalt Assault" Comp 1 of the MNRCRC Summer/Fall Series (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/minnesota/187965-basalt-assault-comp-1-mnrcrc-summer-fall-series.html)

wrightcs77 07-08-2009 05:18 PM

"Basalt Assault" Comp 1 of the MNRCRC Summer/Fall Series

Now that everyone will have no excuses as we all had a season to warm up, time to start the '09 summer/fall series.

When: Sunday July 12th, 2009

Where: Taylors Falls Mn

What time: Sign-in, Drivers meeting and tech inspection starts at 9:00am sharp. Course building at 9:30
First truck through the gates at 10:00am sharp.
3 classes, Super, 2.2, and 1.9

Directions, and Pic's of the comp area can be seen here: www.MN-RCRC.com

A couple of notes for any new people attending.
MNRCRC competitions are held in a MN State Park, as such, a park parking permit is required, since we crawl at Interstate State Park often, (Taylors Falls) it's more economical to purchase a yearly sticker, good for all MN State Parks. Daily stickers are also available.

A note to all attending! New this year are running fees/club dues of $20 per year, or $2.00 per comp, due at the Start of the season, or at each comp. Also,
With the possible larger numbers for the MNRCRC competitions this season, we're going to have to be even more conscientious of our surroundings.
I would like to suggest since we are guests in the Park, like so many others, there to enjoy the surroundings, that everyone pit back at their car/truck, and bring only the truck/s if you run 2 classes, and your radio, and any tools you can carry on person. This should help unclutter the area for other visitors, and hopefully, help keep us from getting kicked out. Along with the club gear bag, we'll have an iced cooler for anyone that has refreshments.
We'll be counting on everyones cooperation for this.

Hope to see you there!
As always, good luck to all competitors "thumbsup"

wrightcs77 07-08-2009 05:19 PM

Won't be there, so good luck everyone (figured Kevin needed a comp head start:flipoff:).

GySgt Hartman 07-08-2009 05:20 PM

There's a new mayor in town!

"thumbsup" Casey.

TomEGunn 07-08-2009 06:00 PM

Casey

Sorry to hear you cant make this comp, but ahh what is your rig doing Sunday ? LOL if you need someone to run your old moa to make sure its still working let me know. J/k ( not really , serious) LOL:twisted:

Any ways can't wait for Sunday, a "hole" new start.

My I be the first to wish everyone GOOD LUCK , and lets have alot of fun.

"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup" "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup" "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup" "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Nicklepimp 07-08-2009 08:02 PM

Well, I just got done with the flyer and was going to start a thread, but Casey beat me to it obviously.:-P Here it is anyways.
http://www.mn-rcrc.com/images/club%2...231%20copy.JPG

And here's the judges list. I had to double up some people that judged the last comp because a few people aren't making this comp. This would be a great time to mention how we could use some more volunteers to help judge."thumbsup"
http://www.mn-rcrc.com/comps/Judge%2...ll%20%2709.JPG

wrightcs77 07-08-2009 09:08 PM

Yep, more judges needed. Joe is in Vegas, I will be at Wisconsin Dells and not sure who else will be gone.

Etype R 07-08-2009 10:44 PM

I'll be there, though might leave after we finish up the 1.9 course. Been helping my friend build a front bumper, and getting his truck ready for the MS crawl for the cure.

Doesn't look like much yet, its being built around a Warn 8274 winch. We are hoping to have the winch mounted Saturday night, but its been slow going fitting everything in place.

http://turtlecrawler.com/toyota/odie/P1010475.jpg

typeostyle 07-08-2009 11:03 PM

i'll be there and so will my girlfriend...her new mini wont be thow ..joe went to vegas...so next comp she will be rockin her new 1.9....

djjiz 07-09-2009 12:08 AM

Duluth guys took a vote and we all agreed your courses are too bumpy.

Let us know when there's a paved course.

Thanks

THAT1GUY 07-09-2009 06:45 AM

Good Luck to everyone. I will be in Vegas, flying out today. Im sure I will be doing some crawling myself, at the end of the night back to the hotel room."thumbsup"

tjb 07-09-2009 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THAT1GUY (Post 1883517)
Good Luck to everyone. I will be in Vegas, flying out today. Im sure I will be doing some crawling myself, at the end of the night back to the hotel room."thumbsup"

I'm gonna laugh if you get beat up by a hooker :flipoff:

typeostyle 07-09-2009 12:26 PM

i heard that in vegas dead hookers were part of the courses ....what happens in vegas stays in vegas

TomEGunn 07-09-2009 01:06 PM

The last time I was in Vages

The last time I was in Vages , I left married to my wife, NEVER GO THERE AGAIN !!!!! LOL Just kidding had a blast,got married,would love to go back there again. Fremont street at night is awsome...

Have a great time "thumbsup"

dirtyal 07-09-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THAT1GUY (Post 1883517)

I heard you were going to be a guest speaker at a Hello Kitty convention out there.:flipoff:

typeostyle 07-10-2009 12:14 AM

ya know i think i heard him sayin somthing about that and he was spose to bring baller back a gift bag

TomEGunn 07-10-2009 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djjiz (Post 1883330)
Duluth guys took a vote and we all agreed your courses are too bumpy.

Let us know when there's a paved course.

Thanks

then you'll complain the ashalt is to sticky or some thing, damn road car guys...LOL :flipoff:

J/K maybe next comp you guys could crawl around the parking stalls

typeostyle 07-10-2009 09:59 AM

ya know tommy if we dont tell them duluth guys anything we might just get in the top ten...(high five!)...i'm off to see the wizard about a 45 turn motor today

djjiz 07-11-2009 09:51 AM

Anyone have a hitec mighty mini or similar I could buy tomorrow?

dirtyal 07-11-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djjiz (Post 1886914)
Anyone have a mighty mini or similar I could buy tomorrow?

YGPM"thumbsup"

dirtyal 07-11-2009 10:56 AM

I may have a new chassis with tomorrow:twisted: