Comp 5 9/20/09 8 57.14%
Once this year was enough 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: 2nd Duluth comp in '09?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 2nd Duluth comp in '09?

Are you guys interested in a second comp in Duluth this year? If so I think it would be best to keep it towards the end of the series again, either comp 4 or 5(not the finals). I was trying to wait till the dates for the Nats were announced to make sure our dates didn't clash, but I don't want to wait any longer. Let's discuss.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Both dates are good for me pimp.

Looking foward to getting the farthest traveled trophy again.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

looks like a land slide victory, oh wait I'm they only 1 that voted so far........

no particular reason just thought after the holiday would be a good time for road trip might have fall leaves to deal with thought.

either way I 'll be there...........

TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Isnt the comp in August usually our big one at TF?

I think you should add the option of adding 1 comp to the series and have it up there during that break we have between comp 4 and 5.

Last edited by dirtyal; 07-10-2009 at 04:47 PM.
dirtyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default add a comp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyal View Post

I think you should add the option of adding 1 comp to the series and have it up there during that break we have between comp 4 and 5.

I think that could be a great idea, then it's not so long between, thats like a month( might go through withdrawls, that would make me an addict wouldn't it) If we didn't want to count it in points,make it an event with plaques or prizes ,something to get everyone up there.

thats just my 2 cents

good thinking Josh
Old 07-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Isnt the comp in August usually our big one at TF?
Battle at the Border is traditionally the big event. It is scheduled for Aug 9th.

Quote:
The reason for the gap was to accommodate for the Nationals. The dates for the Nat's aren't ever announced till we're half way through our season. We didn't want to have a comp the same weekend, so we had to leave a few weeks open around that time.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
Battle at the Border is traditionally the big event. It is scheduled for Aug 9th.

The reason for the gap was to accommodate for the Nationals. The dates for the Nat's aren't ever announced till we're half way through our season. We didn't want to have a comp the same weekend, so we had to leave a few weeks open around that time.
Thanks for setting me straight Picklednips.
dirtyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

96% of us are not going to nats.( congrates to those that are ) so the idea of a non-point comp might work, I'll help make some plaqes or trophys and try to round up prizes or donate some $ for a friendly comp,with the top guys gone to nats some others might stand a chance ( no hard feelings CASEY!!!) lol.....

just a thought...........

Old 07-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #9

i'm down with tommys idea's ...i was also talking to one of the duluth guys today at the comp (the guy with the younger girl)...he's planning on setting somthing up soon for duluth so if anybody wants in on somthing like that i'll be hunting for more info...
typeostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #10

Default Duluth Comp?

Yeah I was planning on Starting some comps up here. I like going to Taylors and think you guys do a great job, but I would like to have a crawler fest type event. I want to do it the Saturday before the comp by the lake.

Here is what I am planning:

Scaler class....not sure what the rules will be.

2.2 stock class....2 cell, one motor no dig.....run the same course as the normal 2.2 but give some other guys a chance who don't have $1000.00 just to compete. Dig can be installed just zip tied off.

Normal 2.2

Super

1.9 ......Scaler and 1.9 will run the same courses.

3 courses for each class.

Tuff truck challenge: Timed and distance..2.2 wheels....if you have ever seem the real tuff truck with the tank trap? Sort of like that.

Since this is fun event and not super serious Judging will be done by the drivers....honor system.

I want to buy a losi 2.2 and charge $10.00 for the event and draw from the names who entered to win....just need to register to be in the drawing.

Stay tuned for more info!!!!
kwapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Default Good thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwapi View Post

I want to buy a losi 2.2 and charge $10.00 for the event and draw from the names who entered to win....just need to register to be in the drawing.

I'm in , I'll pitch in 10.00 for sure. I like the idea of 2.2 stock class, but it's basicly 1.9 rules with 2.2 wheels. Could be interesting though,since I got alot of practice w/o dig I could be a ringer

keep us posted
Old 07-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #12

iam right there with you tommy....you let me know when you want to do this and me and my girl will show ... i may not be the best as you can tell by my scores but i have fun and it gets me out of the house...my girl's just happy i'm not at the bar...lol..
Old 07-17-2009, 09:49 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Default Bump

This poll closes on Monday at 1:23pm.

Just a thought. Now that no one is going to the Nats, we could do something during the break.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:58 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Default Non-nationals-north shore nationals

have our own "North Shore crawl-off" , during the break, not part of the series, just a seperate event ,open it to anyone that wants to pay 10.00 and have a chance to win a losi. any extra $ goes to the club. put up a post on rcc and see if anyone else that couldn't make Cali. shows up.

You could open it up to 1.9,2.2 ,supers, scalers, make it a weekend event. That late in the summer might be easier to find camping as well?

Just my 2 cents, but willing to help in any way I can to set stuff up, just let me know.

Tom
Old 07-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #15

I'd be game for 9/20 but only if it's for the day and not the whole weekend.
mike_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #16
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEGunn View Post
have our own "North Shore crawl-off" , during the break, not part of the series, just a seperate event ,open it to anyone that wants to pay 10.00 and have a chance to win a losi. any extra $ goes to the club. put up a post on rcc and see if anyone else that couldn't make Cali. shows up.

You could open it up to 1.9,2.2 ,supers, scalers, make it a weekend event. That late in the summer might be easier to find camping as well?

Just my 2 cents, but willing to help in any way I can to set stuff up, just let me know.

Tom

A good idea but an very big planning job for outside invites. Which would have to be the case. I'm sure leaving it open and then have 10-20 extra show up and crowd the place could have more neg than pos .......
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:14 AM   #17

this extra event was the duluth guys idea not ours so i think with them up there talking to all the guys that crawl we should have a really good turn out maybe event too many i know there are alot of guys up there that crawl that dont have the time or money to drive to t.f. for duluth so this could be alot of fun and with it being right on the lake we could really help put out the word on rc rock crawling
Old 07-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I voted once is enough this year changing dates after the season starts really catches the people who already used up their one throw out off guard.

Give the summer/fall season a second throw out or make it a "special event" and don't count it as a points event and I'd be good with it.

I think it would be great if it where added to our next years schedule.

My "Nicklesworth"
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #19

Default Duluth north shore crawler fest weekend comp.

I was just wanting to have a good weekend of crawling and not so rushed and try to get new crawlers open to the idea. Try a few different classes. I was going to run it and set it all up. The TF guys and anyone else can just show up and have fun. This is an outlaw crawl...no points or anything just fun since the schedule is made and everything. I thought if I had it on the saturday before the normal comp people could practice and check out the lake shore.....its really good with some different rocks. Plus if we got 25 people or so to show up and pay 10.00 I would give away a losi in a raffle grill out and stuff. If any one wants to help let me know. I have run races for 15 years and I think you will find it to be very well set up.
kwapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #20

i'm down ...it's a long drive for me but i enjoy going to duluth...and my bithday is sept 16 so i'm going for a full week and drink some fitgers beer...former navy so yes i can drink that much