Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: noob but not

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default noob but not

Hi ya'll, I have been out of rc for about 15 yrs, I saw the crawlers on xtreem 4x4 and thought it looked like fun. after looking around here and a few other sites thought i might as well jump in and have some fun.

can anyone tell me where in the duluth area to get parts etc, want to build a scale rock buggy.

thx thump
thumper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #2

Default Where to get crawlers?

Hobby Town on 53 just before the Harley shop...across from skyline lanes. I know they have Losi Micros, Honcho, Axial, Losi night crawler and one Losi comp rig. If you are just going to have fun go for the Honcho. I have them all and I have the most fun with my scalers. If you are going to do comps get the Losi...any one can win with one, but they are not as fun for just bashing around. If you get one let me know we have a few guys in toen that go down on the lake walk and bash rocks or at Enger tower.
kwapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

sounds like fun> I went to hobby town and they didnt seem to know much about the rigs they sell, the guy i talked to reccomended a 27t brushless motor, from what i have read i should get a 45t brushed.

When i was doing rc (along time ago) i got the most fun out of building my own hop ups. what do you think would be the best starter rig to get a feel for the sport, and turn into a scaler?
thumper68 is offline   Reply With Quote