Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: I had a busy weekend...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default I had a busy weekend...

Saturday
I went back up to Sauk Rapids. In early April, Ryan and I went up to a spot that Jaydog posted in the MN Crawling Locations thread (click). This was during the flooding. Well, we found a fair amount of medium to large sized boulders. A good amount, but not enough to hold a comp there. There are some more larger boulders out a bit further out, but with the high water level was keeping us from them. I think with those additional large rocks, it might be worth hitting up at some point.

Yesterday I went back there to find hopefully a lower water level and explore the other rocks. Nope. Almost exactly where I saw it last. Still blocking off those other rocks.

In the immediate foreground are smaller rocks not worth crawling. Just beyond these on the left are larger, crawlable rocks.

But out by the first bridge support, you can see that there is more potential once the water level subsides.

If you check out the pics Jaydog posted last Sept, it looks like some of those pics are from those rocks by the support. We just have to wait for the water to go down.

Anyway, the day wasn't a total loss. Earlier in the day I got a good jump on another project...

Sunday
I went up to Taylors in the afternoon. The parking lot is all torn up.

Even the walking path...

Even with it all fawked up, it was the busiest I've seen since last year. The great weather brought everyone out. I did get some testing in with a new pair of tires.

Monday
Finished my other pair of tires (click). Now I have a full set. Watch out Gary and Ryan!

After that, I took some outdoor pics of my vintage RC300BD. I've been restoring this for about a year now, and just recently finished it. This is the first time it's been on pavement. It will probably be the only time while I have it.

Now, it's time for bed.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 05:53 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Thanks for exploring new comp spots.

Tires look good. The old AE looks, well, old!
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Well aren't you a busy little Pimp! Rocks look like placed boulders for the most part? IMO you can find that under most bridges anywhere. TF looks devastated good thing you'll be in Duluth this weekend. The pan car well it is very clean nice work but I find it hard to figure a use for it they drove rather poorly and Casey's Wright it's old but not a museum piece ....
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Placed boulders, yes. But they are a lot bigger than any other boulders I've found anywhere near here. We don't have any other place like Taylors around here, aside from Duluth. Just trying to find more options. The hunt continues.

As for the RC300, it is old. I'm not restoring it to be a show piece or a driver. I'm restoring it to sell. It's in a lot better shape than a year ago. Just thought I'd share it before I let it go.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Yup just gotta mess with you Kevin. Are you worried about TF as a location?
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Good lookin out Pimp. A new spot would be cool but I'm not really feeling that one. Is there no other spots along the TF area? I'm willing to hike.

Nice pan car btw. It would be sweet on the mantle.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote