Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: ~~ MNRCRC 2.2 Sportsman Summer/Fall Season ~~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default ~~ MNRCRC 2.2 Sportsman Summer/Fall Season ~~

Who is planning on being in the 2.2 Sportsman class for the next season?

Last edited by Stormin2u; 07-07-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I don't think I'll have the time to get the dig in before the second half of the yr.
need to get a servo mount for the DNA dig that was so generously donated to me,( thanks Stormin),and change my tranny around ( have it in backwards to move motor weight up front.
Working on a bathroom remodel/expansion. if time will allow, I would like to step up, but don't see that happening.

Oh yeah still need to find a job too...
TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

So does that mean your intending to defend your championship?

Didn't I give you the mount?
Old 07-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
So does that mean your intending to defend your championship?

Didn't I give you the mount?
not so much to defend, as to win it w/o any question.

as far as the mount, nope just got the dig from you. If you have one laying around that your not going to use let me know.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I'm sorry I thought I'd given you the mount to you as well. I'll find it send me your mailing Addy and I'll send one to you....

So are you driving sportsman Summer/Fall? Simple question.

Greg and I have been talking about joining the sportsman class even though we'd both like to see a separate 2.2 shafty class without any monkey ass restrictions.

You know a real shafty extravaganza.

Never ther less is would be fun compete 2.2 shaft trucks driver to driver in a better paired class. We may even see some past members make come backs which would be cool.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=Stormin2u;2527519] So are you driving sportsman Summer/Fall? Simple question. QUOTE]

YES...

sooooo...........the servo mount can wait, I'll get it from you at a comp.

X2 on the shafty thing.

but that is a subject no-one wants to talk about.

Ever notice its the MOA drivers that don't want to talk about it......

Last edited by TomEGunn; 07-03-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Stormin.. Your truck works way to good to be held back to Sportsman

I thought if a person wins Sportsman they bump up to Pro?
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
Stormin.. Your truck works way to good to be held back to Sportsman

Chadsworth your to kind thank you for the props.

Do they? Guess your gonna need that servo bracket big boy.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Greg and I have been talking about joining the sportsman class even though we'd both like to see a separate 2.2 shafty class without any monkey ass restrictions.

You know a real shafty extravaganza.

Never ther less is would be fun compete 2.2 shaft trucks driver to driver in a better paired class. We may even see some past members make come backs which would be cool.
Tom and I talked about an idea of a 2.2 class that broke down into pro MOA/pro shafty/sportsman divisions. Like what Parker does with WCC series out west, or kind of like Le Mans racing. Basically everyone runs the same courses, but we separate the points between each division. Sportsman would still have the 20 point bypass and no dig. The 2 Pro classes are fighting for the overall championship, and the top 2 overall winners would be eligible for the Nats invite(spring series only).

I'd like to hear what others think of this idea.

Quote:
I don't remember if we talked about doing this as a local club, but I do remember discussing this topic in the Rules Committee. The intent was to prevent anyone from dominating the sportsman class, when they probably belong in the Pro class. At this point, I don't see this as necessary since we only have a few people running sportsman, with no one person clearly dominating. If someone wants to move up to Pro, then by all means. But I don't think we need to force anyone at this time.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
Tom and I talked about an idea of a 2.2 class that broke down into pro MOA/pro shafty/sportsman divisions. Like what Parker does with WCC series out west, or kind of like Le Mans racing. Basically everyone runs the same courses, but we separate the points between each division. Sportsman would still have the 20 point bypass and no dig. The 2 Pro classes are fighting for the overall championship, and the top 2 overall winners would be eligible for the Nats invite(spring series only).

I'd like to hear what others think of this idea.

I don't remember if we talked about doing this as a local club, but I do remember discussing this topic in the Rules Committee. The intent was to prevent anyone from dominating the sportsman class, when they probably belong in the Pro class. At this point, I don't see this as necessary since we only have a few people running sportsman, with no one person clearly dominating. If someone wants to move up to Pro, then by all means. But I don't think we need to force anyone at this time.
I can handle that but I don't really feel like there's so much a moa vs shafty advantage/ disadvantage.. More like a body vs tuber/ tvp problem for me but I'll run whatever the club can agree on.

Looks like TomE can defend the title!! Show 'em it wasn't a fluke bud
Old 07-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=Nicklepimp;2527745] The intent was to prevent anyone from dominating the sportsman class, when they probably belong in the Pro class. QUOTE]

Then what happens when someone dominates the pro class ( start a new class?)

Thats cool , I can move up to the pro class. No fear of me winning there.

maybe next yr I'll have the new XR-10, so I might have a chance to crack the tep 10....
Old 07-03-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEGunn View Post
Then what happens when someone dominates the pro class ( start a new class?)

Um, no. The Pro class will be the top class no matter what. Let's say Gary decided to step down to sportsman and he easily won every comp and blew away the competition in the points series. Would it be fair to the other sportsman to get their ass kicked every comp by Gary when he clearly belongs in the pro class? No. The sportsman class is intended to be a step down from the pros where people with similar capabilities can compete against each other, not another class for the top drivers to dominate.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I don't think anyone is calling me a top driver yet are they?

If you guys think I'm that good let me know, I'll jump to pro no problem.

we all know I won the first sportsman series by default (basiclly), but my rig and myself are both getting better.

If one win is considerd dominating, then to the pro cass I will go.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Just run what your comfortable with.

I'd like to see you win Sportsman again.. But that's only so your not beating me
Old 07-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Just run what your comfortable with.

I comfy with kick'n butt, sportsman or pro...
Old 07-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I can handle that but I don't really feel like there's so much a moa vs shafty advantage/ disadvantage.. More like a body vs tuber/ tvp problem for me but I'll run whatever the club can agree on.

Looks like TomE can defend the title!! Show 'em it wasn't a fluke bud
Chad I don't agree with your view on advantage/disadvantage to me it's very obvious we have two completely different formulas. The MOA hands down has two advantages COG and electrically controlled front and rear dig even the Losi has a mechanical F/R dig system.

I do agree with you totally about body/tuber/TVP thing that's a total hot mess. I have to be 12.5 long 5 wide and 3 high with a lexan body but with a tuber and TVP I get treated to another advantage size.

I believe that the WCC structure had a Pro Open (Shafty/MOA), Pro shafty (Shafty only), Sportsman (no dig) and Rock Candy class.

Most of us MNRCRC shafty drivers get all excited when we can even finish a course at a MNRCRC comp and to add insult to injury the top MOAs drivers are posting double digit negative scores.

Opinions are like shoes ever body has at least two.

Last edited by Stormin2u; 07-09-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:59 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Chad I don't agree with your view on advantage/disadvantage to me it's very obvious we have two completely different formulas. The MOA hands down has two advantages COG and electrically controlled front and rear dig even the Losi has a mechanical F/R dig system.

I do agree with you totally about body/tuber/TVP thing that's a total hot mess. I have to be 12.5 long 5 wide and 3 high with a lexan body but with a tuber and TVP I get treated to another advantage size.

I believe that the WCC structure had a Pro Open (Shafty/MOA), Pro shafty (Shafty only), Sportsman (no dig) and Rock Candy class.

Most of us MNRCRC shafty drivers get all excited when we can even finish a course at a MNRCRC comp and to add insult to injury the top MOAs drivers are posting double digit negative scores.

Opinions are like shoes ever body has at least two.MNRCRC

Comp 6-WildBill was within 4 points of 1st
Comp 5-Greg took 2nd
Comp 4-Max2884 took 3rd
Comp 3-Cole took 3rd
Comp 2-Steve took 1st
Comp 1-Aric took 3rd

All of them Shaftys. Who says they can't hang?
Old 07-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Yes very good drivers all and good rigs sure you bet and on a good day they can get close but not consistently.

Remember this is only opinion for a discussion.

I believe were missing a opportunity and a great battle for the top spots at the end of the season in a shaft truck open class. It could even possibly increase regular membership.

Sportsman is a start and it offers a place to do that but most shafty drivers don't like being restricted. The connotation is that it's for beginners and is discouraging.

I'm not sure why this is such a hotly debated topic it seems the WWC has addressed it all perfectly with something for everyone IMO the USRCCA is stubbornly refusing to recognize the opportunity.

Answer me this Kevin if there so competitive and equally paired why don't you drive one?

Last edited by Stormin2u; 07-04-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

IMO.....as far as realism, there is no MOA style truck/rigs in any 1:1 rock crawling events.

That being said, I think it is great that as a RC hobby we CAN do it.

BUT, if anyone every puts electric motors on axles in a 1:1 rig, I would be willing to bet everything I own that it would not be in the same class as SHAFT rigs. (at least not if they have more than a couple)

MOA's only excist in the RC hobby, there for should not be held back by 1:1 type rules and regulations

JUST SAYING..........
Old 07-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Answer me this Kevin if there so competitive and equally paired why don't you drive one?
Inquiring minds want to know