Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: 2010 MNRCRC Howl Krawl 10/31/10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 2010 MNRCRC Howl Krawl 10/31/10

Sunday October 31st we will meet at our newest crawl spot at Banning State Park in Sandstone, MN for the 2010 Howl Krawl. This is a fun scaler event to wrap up the crawling season for the year before the snow starts to fly. This will mostly be a scale bash session/gtg, but I will bring some scaler markers in case we want to setup a course or two.

We will meet at the parking lot at 10:00am, and crawl until whenever. You'll see in the map that I included a link to below, that the crawling area is a little ways away from the parking area. The signs there say a 1/4 mile, but it is an easy walk along a flat dirt path trail.

Here's a map I put together on google maps that show the area:
http://www.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF...04812&t=h&z=18

CLICK HERE for the tread where I posted pictures from my scouting trip to Banning State Park. I personally think this is a great location, with the potential for more crawling areas to be discovered. I'm really excited to have more people out there to share this spot with. I think you guys are really gonna like it.

Hope to see you there!

*edit* I have updated the map above because we found a confusing spot when we went back out there. As you travel south on Pine Ave approaching the gtg site, the road curves right and then curves left. When it curves left, it looks like you are supposed to veer right into some guys' driveway. DO NOT VEER RIGHT!!! This is a dead end, and private property. Instead stay on the main road to the left. The section of the map that looks like the road splitting off is actually a dirt path that follows the river. Ryan and I took this path, but didn't find much for crawling there. On the map linked above, I highlighted the 2 sections to stay away from in RED. Just simply stay on the main road (gravel) until you see large rocks on the right with a small parking area in front of it. There will be a sign for a walking path on the left. Baller and I will try to be there early enough so people can just look for his white tahoe.

Also note, Pine Ave ends at a power station. If you reach this, just backtrack about a half mile until you see a parking area.

Last edited by Nicklepimp; 10-25-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

In! See ya there
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
Debunking old stereotypes

My favorite event of the year, and Banning looks to be a great location!!
Time to dust off the scalers, and charge some batteries.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
Donkey Punch Champion!

Well, after way too much thought here is what I would like to offer.

I have had a few guys ask if I have an extra scaler. Ah, yeah maybe a couple. SO, here's the deal.

For $25 I will bring you a scale ready rig, battery, and radio. This is going to be a Honcho or Trail Ready. They will all have good crawler brakes, solid wheel speed, NOT WATERPROOF!

I will bring with a spare or two incase something fails. You will get a fun day of running with the rest of us without having to buy one! I am thinking 2-3 hours we should be out there.

I have 4 rigs to offer. Post up if you want in. Otherwise, run what ya brung and we will still all have fun. Thanks.

Ryan
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thanks baller u the man. That seems fair enough. I will rent a honcho for my dad to run
Old 10-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

In, thanks for the chance...

what did I win

The once in a life time chance to run a genuine "BALLER" rig.

Honcho please...

Thanks Ryan
TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

My daughter and I will be there. I don't know if she will be done with her scaler by then or not but she will have a rig to run.
thumper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #8
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irok22s View Post
I will rent a honcho for my dad to run
Noted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEGunn View Post
Honcho please...
Noted...

I talked to Billy yesterday at his tweaker fest (12scale onroad). He sounds like a go for the scaler event as well. Marked you for a Honcho.

I have 1 rig left and alot of work in front of me!

Can't wait to see you all there. Should be a great spot. Remember, bring with good shoes, warm clothes, snacks and a good attitude. Otherwise, the river is close enough to just throw you in.

Rig renters, need nothing else. Radios, batteries, trucks will be ready.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Exclamation

**Note** I have updated the map that I linked in the first post. Ryan and I went back out the site to make sure the water level is ok for the Howl Krawl. I was following the map on my phone, and we got confused with the section of Pine Ave where it looks like it veers into a few directions. We found that the 2 roads that veer to the east are actually dirt paths that lead into a single trail that follows the river. We (mainly I) got confused because where it looks like we are supposed to stay to the right is actually some guys' private property. His driveway looks like where the road veers right. We learned that the dirt paths heading east are pretty obvious that you don't take. Lesson is: stay on what looks like the main road and you should be fine.

After you pass this curving section, you'll see some large rocks on the right with a small parking area in front of it. This is the meeting spot. The walking path is on the left(east) side of Pine Ave. Ryan and I will try to be there early enough so you guys can look for his white Tahoe or yellow Jeep (not sure which he's taking). Ryan took a pic of the parking area. Hopefully he will post it.

Even though it was raining on Saturday, I ran to the crawl site and found that the water level is even lower than it was when I was first out there. All is good for this Sunday. Can't wait.

Last edited by Nicklepimp; 10-25-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
Debunking old stereotypes

Kevin, did you mean this Sunday?
First post says Howl Krawl is Sunday the 31st, then your last sentence said "All is good for this Sat"
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
Kevin, did you mean this Sunday?
First post says Howl Krawl is Sunday the 31st, then your last sentence said "All is good for this Sat"
My mistake. Yes, it is this Sunday. Sorry for any confusion. Post edited.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Sweet see u guys there
Old 10-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #13

Default We will be there.

Stocker and I will show up also. I got two scalers and stalker has his mega fast 13 turn brushless beast ready to go swimming!!!
kwapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

So will this be a rain or shine, well rain or gloomy event?
Old 10-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So will this be a rain or shine, well rain or gloomy event?

Sunday is actually looking good for now. start out chilly 39* and 59 for a high later. Cloudy but no rain.

I can't wait, this is going to be a blast.

since it is Halloween, who is wearing a costume besides Pimp(no sense in takeing it off now)
Old 10-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #16
Donkey Punch Champion!

Tick tock, it's getting closer. I got another Honcho ready last night. Making sure they are all set up. This is going to be a great event. Boys and Girls, remember to dress for crappy weather and we will all make the best of it. The temps look to be chilly for sure, but that's par for MN this time of year. Mist or Shine, the event is going to happen.

Camera owners BRING THEM!
Old 10-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Tick tock, it's getting closer. I got another Honcho ready last night. Making sure they are all set up. This is going to be a great event. Boys and Girls, remember to dress for crappy weather and we will all make the best of it. The temps look to be chilly for sure, but that's par for MN this time of year. Mist or Shine, the event is going to happen.

This is going to be the biggest Crawler event to date!!!! I am bring two...one for mudding and one to last the day.
kwapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post

Camera ready. Plus I just want to say again thank you for going out of your way to provide a scaler to rent for my pops to enjoy the day with us! You really are an outstanding member to offer up 4 of your rigs for others to enjoy. Besides myself I think a big thank you is needed from the other 3 taking advantage of your offer.

Last edited by irok22s; 10-30-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:56 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Camera ready. Plus I just want to say again thank you for going out of your way to provide a scaler to rent for my pops to enjoy the day with us! You really are an outstanding member to offer up 4 of your rigs for others to enjoy. Besides myself I think a big thank you is needed from the other 3 taking advantage of your offer.

I agree, thanks for the rig and equip to run.

to put it in "Baller " words.......
I joke ,but really you have no idea how excited I am to be able to go scale wheel'in with you guys. I'm still working on mine, but it will be cheaper to rent right now...LOL

Thanks again Ryan
Old 10-30-2010, 06:45 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

just found this on the Banning junction park website...

Visitor Alert!

Youth Deer Hunt October 30-31, 2010

Visitors should be aware there will be a two-day youth deer hunt at Banning State Park October 30-31. Limited areas of the park will be open to visitors on these dates, and blaze orange clothing is recommended when hiking the trails. Canoe campsites on the east side of Kettle River and "Hell's Gate Rapids" portage trail will be closed October 29-31, 2010.

so were orange or antlers( only if you can run really fast).