If anyone wants to take over scoring, your more then welcome to
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #62
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
Simple, run the 4 minute time limit.
No, it's not that simple. It makes more work for people who ARE working.
Not everyone has the time, or is close enough to a crawling area to go get more "wheel time" on Saturdays.
WTF? So as a GROUP we all collect together and "play" on Sundays? If you want to compete in ANY level, you will need to pratice and tune more then Sunday comps?
Plus, those guys would want to get the wheel time running on actual comp courses.
No, they don't have to run "courses". Learn and understand how your rig acts and reacts to what you are driving on. It doesn't need to be an organized course to practice?
Unless the numbers of competitors is too big for reasonable time to allow it, I sure don't see the harm in letting them run a 7 minute time limit?
Let's try some math...20 drivers x 7 minutes is 140 minutes =2 hours and 20 minutes! For just the 2.2's on 1 course!! So now you want 3 courses>>>You're talking 7 hours of comp? Have fun.
Remember, not everyone wants to go to nationals, a large part of the of the club is/was there to comp for fun and enjoyment.
So, enjoy it! Quit trying to rewrite RULES and impose ideas, if you don't care about the big comp picture? Come there, do your best and work harder for next time.
I would think the guys wanting to compete nationally would be the ones that want to get more wheel time on Saturdays.
And I will tell you that many of the guys who have traveled to ANY national event HAVE practiced more then Sunday comps to even think of going there. They aren't crying and trying to make Sundays any longer.
Why would the guys not interested in competing nationally want to dedicate more time (Saturdays)to practice something they do for fun and enjoyment?
Because you aren't in your backyard playing! You are at an organized event with a group of people wanting to COMPETE against themselves and eachother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Getting better really? I don't believe that's true where is there any evidence that it has had any impact on national results?
Wow, I hope this is sarcasm Norm. Shame on you for trying to say that anyone who competes on a National level isn't getting results. You don't think anyone has learned anything on a National level? Tips and Tricks? Podium placement isn't always a determining factor to success. I would let you ask anyone who has gone to Nats, was it worth it? Hell yes it was! Placement or not...to be in the 2.2 National run means you are 1 of 100 who CAN be there.

Train Wreck continues...

Last edited by BigBaller; 10-29-2010 at 03:58 PM.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #63
Debunking old stereotypes

First off, I'm not trying to "rewrite rules" or "impose" anything, this is an ideas discussion thread, and I'm throwing out ideas.
2nd, we normally run 2 courses at the same time, so cut that 7 hours down, not to mention, not everyone would be running the 7 minute limit, so cut that down even more. I think your over blowing it.
The 1st, at least 2-3 years this club existed, I never remember Kevin, Mike and I getting out of Taylors before 4-5 pm, then it was another 2 hours of doing scores, so I know what a long day is. I see maybe half at most running the 7 minute limit, thats 6/9 minutes per driver extra,depending on how many courses are decided on. 10 drivers X6 minutes = 1 hour extra 10X9 minutes =1.5 hours extra.
And I hope you aren't insinuating I'm not working when I'm there?
I've scored almost every comp I've been at from the very 1st comp this club had.

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 10-29-2010 at 08:21 PM.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Ouch Bro you drew some blood on me with that last one.

We have one vote for train wreck do we have a second?

You know this discussion about the Nationals and getting ready for the Nationals at every single MNRCRC event all season long is getting just as boring as actually doing it.

We are a local club we need do things that promote retention of exsisting members and new members into regulars. We need to better understand this one as our current record is not very good.

Some people may be intimidated by the direction this discussion is taking but having strong discussion is good for resolving issues that have positive and negative effects on club membership and how we conduct our comps.

I'm for more fun and less work.

I'm for loosening up the comp format so fewer people are timing or pointing out.

I'm for more out of town events to include areas MNRCRC members live in but lets get the news of these events on the books when the schedule is published.

I'm for one continuous 2011 season to avoid the poorly attended second season.

I'm for the scaler events.

As long as I have been a member (I missed the first season), we as members have always had a voice in how we organize ourselves and I'm for that to.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
Thanks for the input guys. I've started the list. Keep the ideas coming.

We can certainly keep track of shafty vs MOA results in our scoring like we did for the fall series. But just to clarify, for Nationals invites it would still be the Overall winners that would get the invites. We can't go against what USRCCA allows.

To touch on these comments, I would like us to think about switching to the placement scoring system for series points instead of the actual scores system that we have been using. Yes, I said that correct. I know that I have been in favor of using actual points for the past few years. But I realized this year at Nats that if we use the placement instead, that we can be more liberal with our comps. We could have 3 courses at one comp, we could change the time limits as needed, longer courses, shorter courses, we could have how ever many bonus gates per course/comp as we wanted...etc. The past few years we have held strict to 2 courses per comp, 6 min time limits, and 1 bonus per comp per class. This past year it seemed like it hurt some of the guys with the 4 minute time limit at nats because they were so accustomed to the 6 min we always run. With the current system we have to keep consistency to keep it as fair as possible from 1 comp to the next. With the placement system, changing the style of courses wouldn't have any effect on series points-it would be however you placed in each comp. Thoughts?

Very fair for everyone when you have same score each week for first. Example: first 30 points....second 27 points and so on...until you run out of points. Then if a comp is easy one week with all negative scores wont make a huge difference in the overall points race. Same could be said with a very hard course ...still only worth 30 points. You will have a tighter race at the end and even if you do bad one time you are still in it.
kwapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #67

Default a men

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
Your also right on the mark with your posts Norm
I had a big response all typed out to Mikes post, but decided just to keep my mouth shut. I know I haven't been involved much in the last year with the club, but I was fairly active in forming and helping devolop the club, and lost interest when the fun went away.
I agree the numbers go down when the focus is on competing nationally, and things get so serious.
Austin told me in 07 he practiced 2-3 hours every day.
I don't have a crawling area close enough to be able to practice enough to compete on a national level, and I actually started crawling for fun, then the fun went away.
I agree with Mike, if you want to compete on a national level, set yourself up a nice practice course and practice all you have time for.
It seems like the direction the club headed in is for the few guys who want to compete nationally.
It's a total turn off for a newb to drive 1-2 hours, and point out on gate 3, or time out and get 12 minutes of driving their rig. This is probably IMO, the biggest reason for the numbers drop.
It's kind of sad to see 15 competiting, when it seems like 20-30 was more like our numbers 2 years ago. Take the fun out, and the members will go away, and it looks like they did.
I can't think of any members that weren't "stimulated" enough and quit, but I can think of a few who were turned off by the pointing out, and timing out, and only running 12 minutes for a 1-2 hour drive to the competition location. Bring the fun back, and the membership will climb.

My thoughts exactly!!! I drive 2 hours for 12 minutes.....and point out at gate3...I have gotten better but it took awhile and I practice 2-3 days a week.
kwapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by irok22s View Post
Here's a better one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WADnriWzJes
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwapi View Post
Very fair for everyone when you have same score each week for first. Example: first 30 points....second 27 points and so on...until you run out of points. Then if a comp is easy one week with all negative scores wont make a huge difference in the overall points race. Same could be said with a very hard course ...still only worth 30 points. You will have a tighter race at the end and even if you do bad one time you are still in it.

I tried debating this point so many times I felt it ultimately became pointless! I agree, but, I don't compete any longer. So, I shall keep further comments to myself.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #70
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
I agree, but, I don't compete any longer. So, I shall keep further comments to myself.
... Why post?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

You just keep on posting Casey the ideas of a past MNRCRC Champion will always be welcome active or not. You know anytime you want to drive all ya gotta do is show up there are 15 guys who'll let you drive their rig.

Baller just likes calling "train wreck" even though he's usually in it himself.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:05 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Default is there a date yet?

do we have a date for the meeting yet?

TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Why even have one Pimp and Baller have it figured out.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #74
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Yes, we sure do.

Mini's are making a comeback.
2.2's are MOA's ONLY.
Supers are still the king's.

Spiderman is out...just because.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #75
RCC Addict

I can dig it.. As long as someone sells me their berg.

Happy AIDS day guys.. Anyone know what time the parade starts?
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #76
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEGunn View Post
do we have a date for the meeting yet?

No date as of yet. I'm making a reminder in my phone right now to talk to Ken on Sunday.

Quote:
Haha funny man.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post

Yes, we sure do.

Mini's are making a comeback.
2.2's are MOA's ONLY.
Supers are still the king's.

Spiderman is out...just because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
No date as of yet. I'm making a reminder in my phone right now to talk to Ken on Sunday.

Haha funny man.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #78
RCC Addict

I talked to Ken yesterday. He is ok with us holding our meeting at the Mermaid again. Thanks to Ken for helping us aout this year again. He should know the January schedule for the ballroom by the next meet(12/19). At that time we can decide when to hold the meeting. I will let you know on the 19th or 20th.

In the meanwhile, keeps those ideas coming.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

what is the Mermaid and where the heck is it im trying to follow everything on here so maybe i can learn something lol
mesooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

X2, I know its "The Mermaid in moundsview" but I would like some directions also!
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote