Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: 2010/2011 MNRCRC Winter Meeting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 2010/2011 MNRCRC Winter Meeting*** 1/2/10

I don't have a date yet for when we will hold the meeting, but I wanted to start a thread to begin discussing topics for the meeting. I figure it's best to start listing ideas while this last season is still fresh in everyone's minds. Feel free to post up topics that you would like to discuss for next year's season.

I will keep an agenda in this first post.

Agenda
Series
-Sportsman Class
-Series Points
-Actual points or Placement points
-Track shafty vs MOA
-2 series format
-# of comps for year

Comps
-Course time limits
-Number of courses
-Finals courses

Club Rulings
-Min # of trucks to make it an official comp

2011 Schedule
-Dates
-Duluth comps
-Scaler events
-Tough truck challenge

**Edit The meeting has been scheduled for 1/2/10 at 10am at the Mermaid in Mounds View, MN. For more directions to The Mermaid visit their website: mermaidminnesota.com

Last edited by Nicklepimp; 12-31-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
Web Wheeling

ax sportsman class.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etype r View Post
ax sportsman class.
x2!
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
ax sportsman class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irok22s View Post
x2!
X3 but then split Moa and Shaftys yep I said it....

at least in our scores , I liked seeing the the two classes scored togeather.The top drivers (moa or shafty) would still get the Nats invites.

"IF YOU START IT THEY WILL COME"....or something like that. Let the rest of the country follow us.
TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I like TomEs idea.

I also suggest more topless dancers.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #6
RCC Addict

And 5 minute courses.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Old 10-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I say we keep 6 min courses! Some people have a hard time finishing in 6 let alone 5.

Sense tom started it I will say if shaft and moa are devided in scores let's run them on seperate courses too. That way those that have both can run both! Idk just an idea.

How about 3 courses instead of 2 for all classes? Or atleast 2.2.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Minnesota has taken home too enuf last place trophies. If it's ran at Nats we should run it locally.

Tougher courses would be cool with me. That last comp was perfect!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
Web Wheeling

Quote:
I say we keep 6 min courses! Some people have a hard time finishing in 6 let alone 5.

Sense tom started it I will say if shaft and moa are devided in scores let's run them on seperate courses too. That way those that have both can run both! Idk just an idea.

We hardly have enough judges to run 2 courses at a time. And you want to split the 2.2 into separate courses and add another course on top of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
Minnesota has taken home too enuf last place trophies. If it's ran at Nats we should run it locally.

Tougher courses killed our membership numbers. The second course was good, but the first course could have been better. Most pointed out on gate 3, we need to avoid courses like that where most point out on the same gate, and that early in the course.

If you want to do better at nats, setup practice courses and practice on your own time. Thats what the top drivers do.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
We hardly have enough judges to run 2 courses at a time. And you want to split the 2.2 into separate courses and add another course on top of it?
Not saying I wanna go this route.. Just saying I really like judging and plan on doing so at the next comps.

Quote:
Tougher courses killed our membership numbers. The second course was good, but the first course could have been better. Most pointed out on gate 3, we need to avoid courses like that where most point out on the same gate, and that early in the course.

If you want to do better at nats, setup practice courses and practice on your own time. Thats what the top drivers do.
Fair enuf.. Not looking for top driver finishes, just wanting the game stepped up a little.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Thanks for the input guys. I've started the list. Keep the ideas coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEGunn View Post
X3 but then split Moa and Shaftys yep I said it....

at least in our scores , I liked seeing the the two classes scored togeather.The top drivers (moa or shafty) would still get the Nats invites.

"IF YOU START IT THEY WILL COME"....or something like that. Let the rest of the country follow us.
We can certainly keep track of shafty vs MOA results in our scoring like we did for the fall series. But just to clarify, for Nationals invites it would still be the Overall winners that would get the invites. We can't go against what USRCCA allows.

Quote:
And 5 minute courses.
Quote:
I say we keep 6 min courses! Some people have a hard time finishing in 6 let alone 5...

Quote:

To touch on these comments, I would like us to think about switching to the placement scoring system for series points instead of the actual scores system that we have been using. Yes, I said that correct. I know that I have been in favor of using actual points for the past few years. But I realized this year at Nats that if we use the placement instead, that we can be more liberal with our comps. We could have 3 courses at one comp, we could change the time limits as needed, longer courses, shorter courses, we could have how ever many bonus gates per course/comp as we wanted...etc. The past few years we have held strict to 2 courses per comp, 6 min time limits, and 1 bonus per comp per class. This past year it seemed like it hurt some of the guys with the 4 minute time limit at nats because they were so accustomed to the 6 min we always run. With the current system we have to keep consistency to keep it as fair as possible from 1 comp to the next. With the placement system, changing the style of courses wouldn't have any effect on series points-it would be however you placed in each comp. Thoughts?
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Thoughts on that are... Good for some bad for others. That system has it's ups and downs just like the system we currently use. I do however like the fact that we can run more courses with that style.

As far as making things more challenging and "step up our game" I think most of our courses are very challenging for the masses. My opinion with this is look at our last comp the year. We had 2 guys come that had never been to a comp before and the first one they experience is so tough that they don't get past gate 3. All I can say is I hope they come back.

The reason I said more courses is if you look at how many clubs run they do 3 or 4 course per comp and 1 finals course for the day. Ya it may be a bit much that's why I suggested 3. I mean from my stand point I drive a long way to each comp and would love to run another course or 2 per comp.

But hey ya know what it's just an idea so I have one more let's not change anything cause what we got now works
Old 10-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Not every one we crawl with cares about nats or how they are run. If 4 min time limits are what u want to run set the timer on ur radio and when it beeps and ur not finished go ahead and call it take ur 40 minus progress.

Basically practice 4 mins on ur own. Don't make the whole group of what 15 plus guys pissed cause a few feel we should run tougher course and 4 min.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Well as far as I am concerned I think the courses that you all had at the finals were rather hard, especially for me being new to comps and natural rock formations, but that isn't going to discourage me from coming to more of the comps next year... I am actually looking forward to the spring series. I do have to agree that if the finals course was one of the hardest of the year and that is the kind that is seen at Nats. then that should be how all courses of the year should be. Make it harder though the year and whoever goes to Nats will then be more prepared.

Just my thoughts from a new guy!
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrZod View Post
Well as far as I am concerned I think the courses that you all had at the finals were rather hard, especially for me being new to comps and natural rock formations, but that isn't going to discourage me from coming to more of the comps next year... I am actually looking forward to the spring series. I do have to agree that if the finals course was one of the hardest of the year and that is the kind that is seen at Nats. then that should be how all courses of the year should be. Make it harder though the year and whoever goes to Nats will then be more prepared.

Just my thoughts from a new guy!

Score all on two courses.....could make gates off main line for sportsman becasue we have a hard enought time getting people to judge as it is.

5 minute courses.

Make sure the courses are setup with the hardest gates toward the end so new people can feel they can come and finish at least half a course.
that will keep them coming.

As for nat courses. Why not setup a course just for nat practice at each event. If you want to run nats....run this. No one is stopping anyone from making courses anywhere we go. I say since everyone is there build a few and have at it for practice.
kwapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

This is my opinion on things...

Why not try three coarse. Mabey run two like we do than a final. Make all three progressively harder. IMO that's the way nats were. Some were easy some were hard.

As far as points.... run sportsman and pro... that's it. Don't split up shafty and moa. Instead change the scoring system. Base it on standings not score. I know this is rock crawling so don't flame me but that is how it is scored at all point series races. It makes for tighter battles through out the season and the standings are based off of consistency vs one good day.

As far as rules follow USRCCA! Sometimes rulues get twisted a bit for what's best for the "club" But than people that travel know what to expect. If your going to nats, another club or coming to Crawl with MNRCRC its the same game.

So again my opinion don't make everything easy. The way I look at it is if you want to be the best you have to run with the best.... bottom line. Your skills will improve. We all want to be in first but we can't keep breaking things down so we all can be.
wild bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild bill View Post
This is my opinion on things...
As far as points.... run sportsman and pro... that's it. Don't split up shafty and moa. Instead change the scoring system. Base it on standings not score. I know this is rock crawling so don't flame me but that is how it is scored at all point series races. It makes for tighter battles through out the season and the standings are based off of consistency vs one good day.
Based on this I would say shaft and moa must be split up. There was only one shaft win this fall.

Ugh... I really dont care about all this bs. My thoughts are in. All I would really like to see for next year is more courses!!!!!! Ok Im done with this thread now. Peace out
Old 10-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Not actually "Spliting up" the Moa and shaftys, just keeping a note on the scores of who is running what. Then if it does ever get split for nats, we would already be running a compatable format

wow thems big words....
TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #20
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:

You couldn't of hit the nail on the head any better then with this post Mike
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote