Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: St.Cloud area anyone??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default St.Cloud area anyone??

Anyone in here around the St.Cloud area?? Most my r/c buddies live in the cities, so Im a lone crawler most the time. Also if so, where ya guys crawling at?
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnRockCrawler View Post
Anyone in here around the St.Cloud area?? Most my r/c buddies live in the cities, so Im a lone crawler most the time. Also if so, where ya guys crawling at?
Wasp26Jim and I are from around Hutchinson, but I know we are going to try and make all the comps at Taylors Falls this spring, other than that I don't go out and free crawl much, just in my back yard.
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I am just east of Princton, in Chambridge, but that is a good hr from you anyways.
I am working on a friend that lives between Princton and St.cloud, trying to get him to do some crawling too. There is a guy in Milaca,owns the hobby/trailersales/bodyshop store by Hardees( Riaman Racing i think) he says he has race tracks , rock piles, fling field and woods for scalers and camping just north of Milaca I believe.

go check him out, not much there for crawling yet,just an XR-10, but he nows the intrest is there and I showed him my scaler,and I think he is hooked...lol
TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEGunn View Post
I am just east of Princton, in Chambridge, but that is a good hr from you anyways.
I am working on a friend that lives between Princton and St.cloud, trying to get him to do some crawling too. There is a guy in Milaca,owns the hobby/trailersales/bodyshop store by Hardees( Riaman Racing i think) he says he has race tracks , rock piles, fling field and woods for scalers and camping just north of Milaca I believe.

go check him out, not much there for crawling yet,just an XR-10, but he nows the intrest is there and I showed him my scaler,and I think he is hooked...lol
I must be pretty close to your buddy between St.Cloud and Princeton. Im just north of 95 a little bit in between St.Cloud and Princeton (North of Duelm).

Is that Hobby Shop in Milaca still open (American something, I forgot the name)? I had stopped there a couple times a while back and it was closed both times.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I must be pretty close to your buddy between St.Cloud and Princeton. Im just north of 95 a little bit in between St.Cloud and Princeton (North of Duelm).

Is that Hobby Shop in Milaca still open (American something, I forgot the name)? I had stopped there a couple times a while back and it was closed both times.

my buddy lives on the county line of Benton and Millacs, just north of 95 off 9,.

the hobbyshop is acroos the street from Hardees by 169, it was closed up for awhile I think, but I stopped in the first time 2 days ago.
I was talking to him and he sounds very interested in getting some place on his RC track/ campground for us to run crawlers and scalers.

the more intrest we show, the more intrest he will show I think.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Andy are you finally going to drag one of your shelf queens to Taylors Falls for it's first true tests?

All I can say is it's about time.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Would the st. cloud area be worth scouting? I think they've got some rock quarry areas don't they?
Wasp26Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #8

i live in foley i have been crawling in sauk rapids under the new bridge that was good untill last with all the rain we got i have a small crouse foley too
jaydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Andy are you finally going to drag one of your shelf queens to Taylors Falls for it's first true tests?

All I can say is it's about time.
I know I really got to one of these summers. Ive been saying that for to long, and just need to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp26Jim View Post
Would the st. cloud area be worth scouting? I think they've got some rock quarry areas don't they?
Theres good crawling spots over by St.Joesph quarries I know. The place I went the rocks were a little big, but still had a good time. There is a ton of quarries back there, so Im sure there is great crawling back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
i live in foley i have been crawling in sauk rapids under the new bridge that was good untill last with all the rain we got i have a small crouse foley too
Cool! Where abouts in Foley are ya? Im just west of Foley like 3 miles. Mostly just crawl on the farming neighbors rock piles.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #10

i live south of foley about 1 mile but my uncle owns full thorttle raceway i have a small rock course there his is just north of foley about 3 miles

Last edited by jaydog; 01-10-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Oh I know Shaun. I wish he would set up a big crawling course there! Hint to him we need one..haha
Old 01-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Oh I know Shaun. I wish he would set up a big crawling course there! Hint to him we need one..haha

I'll help move rock....I can run a bobcat with the best of em, just don't have one...lol
Old 01-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp26Jim View Post
We had some scouts in the Cloud area a couple of years ago and didn't find a spot with the kind of parking we need.

The MNRCRC is always willing to look at any possibilities especially if we have members in that area.

I've seen some photos of the area under the bridge in Sauk and it doesn't really work for a club event great practice area.

Gotta remember we're really spoiled by Taylors and and the Duluth area. The club is a large group and parking is very important.

The club hasn't crawled a rock pile since Canon Falls under the bridge in 2006.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #14

there is plenty of parking under the bridge i would like to check out the qurray park in st cloud haven't been there in years