Notices

Thread: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Please be patient, it IS afterall toy trucks.
But, But, But

WE NEED OUR TOYS

Havent you gone out and bought the c7 corvet yet
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #42
Donkey Punch Champion!

First off, I won't buy a Vette with Camaro tail lights.

On to the agenda...

I spoke to Kevin. He is doing well, he's got a new position at work and is hard at it. His crawling interests are still there, but he's getting a little tired. I've had a few other conversations with him prior and I understand his position. He's getting tired of pulling the MNRCRC weight (almost) solely on his back. What does this mean? He's NOT quitting, he just needs a little break. I won't go into anymore detail as Kevin says he will post something here soon.

Something for each one of us to think about...

Do I offer to help or just show up and play with my toys?

There is a ton of work to keep this club going. This group does a good job of helping out, but to become MORE involved is something this club needs. You regulars know who you are and thanks for your help. You newbies, we welcome you and WILL help you out. We will get you running and keep you interested in coming back. This group has been around a good 7 years already, we KNOW these trucks and can save you lots of time and money.

So, for now...please be patient and understand the group leaders are talking and WILL let you all know ASAP the plans for the upcoming season.

Thank you.

Ryan
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Word Ryan... very eloquently put...

The new vette is ugly

Last edited by diesel kawboy; 02-14-2013 at 06:02 PM.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Baller.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Thanks for stepping up and getting the ball rolling for the meeting Toby. Sorry that I’ve been on hiatus for so long, but I am still feeling really burnt out from last year. Having the majority of club responsibilities fall on my shoulders over the years is taking its toll on me. Normally I take a little bit of time away after the season and I’m recharged, but this year it’s taking a lot longer. Last year I was feeling overwhelmed, but like Ryan said I also took on a new role at work shortly after our season ended. So I went from the stress of the season, almost straight into the stress of learning a new job. That didn’t help things, but it is the move I needed to take in my career.

I still want to crawl, but I am going to need a lot of help this year in order to keep the club running. I need people to step up and take on some of my responsibilities, to lighten my load. I just can’t commit as much time or effort on RCC right now.

Toby, since you started on it, could you continue making plans for the meeting for us (time, place, agenda, etc.)? I appreciate it. Be sure to add to the agenda some time to discuss divvying up some of my tasks. I’m looking for help for everything from posting comp threads, to setting up courses, to adding scores, etc.

Thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding.
Kevin
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
Thanks for stepping up and getting the ball rolling for the meeting Toby. Sorry that I’ve been on hiatus for so long, but I am still feeling really burnt out from last year. Having the majority of club responsibilities fall on my shoulders over the years is taking its toll on me. Normally I take a little bit of time away after the season and I’m recharged, but this year it’s taking a lot longer. Last year I was feeling overwhelmed, but like Ryan said I also took on a new role at work shortly after our season ended. So I went from the stress of the season, almost straight into the stress of learning a new job. That didn’t help things, but it is the move I needed to take in my career.

I still want to crawl, but I am going to need a lot of help this year in order to keep the club running. I need people to step up and take on some of my responsibilities, to lighten my load. I just can’t commit as much time or effort on RCC right now.

Toby, since you started on it, could you continue making plans for the meeting for us (time, place, agenda, etc.)? I appreciate it. Be sure to add to the agenda some time to discuss divvying up some of my tasks. I’m looking for help for everything from posting comp threads, to setting up courses, to adding scores, etc.

Kevin
In the 2 years I've been involved with the club You have done an excellent job Kevin! You deserve a break.

I always wondered why more tasks weren't delegated or taken on by others. Like any other club shouldn't the responsibilities be shared? Not saying we need to elect/appoint officers but have someone in charge of , say comps, someone for scaler gtg?

Again, I'm still fairly new to this hobby so I might be off base.

I will help out all I can and hope to make alot more events than in the past!

Oh, and thanks Toby for stepping up to the plate!

Last edited by semnmrc; 02-20-2013 at 10:26 AM.
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

I'm in helping out wherever I can. We need a scale class of some sort. Willing to help achieve this, club needs it.
mrkrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

The Sniper Clan will hopefully be back for some events this summer. With Lacrosse, Hockey & Soccer we hope to make 50% of the crawling events. We never left but rather have added a few more cars & trucks to our stable over the last year. We love the 2wd Traxxas SC class.

Kevin & Ryan have always done a great job! Many thx to all they do. Wish we could make all of the events.

Keep your wheels on the ground & the throttle pegged.

Last edited by Snipervision; 02-20-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #49
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post

Kevin
I hear ya Pimp.. I miss the hell out of it, and thought could come back into it and be like old times but life/career been keepin a brutha down more than I can juggle. I'm going to try and hit up a scale GTG at least once to keep in touch, but comps are sadly no longer an option..
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:25 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Well I am not a very good party planner but I think I can give this meeting thing a go.

As far as a meeting place I think that the Mermaid would work well in conjunction with the swap meet. That way there is something to actually look forward to after the meeting that all of us are interested in.
Or we could do it there on a day that there is pulling.
I don't know of a date for the swap meet or any of the next pulling dates so that is all up in the air, unless somebody knows or can find out. That would be great!!!!

Time for a meeting will depend on were and when (date).

As for the agenda, I can either start a new thread for the sole purpose of keeping track of what everyone wants to discuss or I can try and update this post with a list of topics?

Like I said earlier, this officey type stuff is out of my realm, I am more comfortable behind the sticks of a 13,000ton coal train than planning meetings. But I am willing to take up that challenge to help out the club and Kevin, so any help or input that you guys can provide would be awesome!

Thanks,
Toby
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

I PMed Partsman about dates for both of these to see if he had info. He was the one that posted them up in the past. The Spring swapmeet was on April 1st last year.

I think keep on with this thread, a new one will look like this soon anyways!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #52
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrinkle View Post
I'm in helping out wherever I can. We need a scale class of some sort. Willing to help achieve this, club needs it.

There will be NO scale comps. This is because the "rules" to scalers is a bunch of BS! There WILL be Scale Get togethers. We should run the scale stuff as fun for everyone and not be too detailed for points or keeping a score. It's a can of worms we don't need to open. Scalers are FUN and we will have FUN.

Comps are for the 1.9's, 2.2 shafty, 2.2 pro...and maybe Supers. (if anyone wants to run them...or remembers what they even are.)

I think the future of this club depends on the FUN and not the hardcore, tweaked out, skating the limits of the rules comp rigs. We all know we are playing with Toy trucks. Let's get this meeting scheduled in conjuction with a Pulling event and talk in person. Bring your ideas and let's make a plan. Ken is very gracious to let us gather at the Mermaid. Let's go support those guys and say hello...
Old 02-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

As posted in the Pulling thread on this section of the board, the next pull will be on March 3rd at the Mermaid. Should we shoot for that?

I agree with Baller, Scaler gtg's and comps should be separate. But I would like more Scaler gtg's and don't care where they are held. And as stated before, if the club wants, we could do one down this way (Rochester).

Last edited by semnmrc; 02-21-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Ok looks like Mar. 3rd is the next pulling date and from what it looks like, Baller and semnmrc are wanting it soon. So it should work for me also. Anybody think its to soon or have any other suggestions?
As far as a time it looks like the pulling starts at about 1pm. So do we want to meet before, during or after the pulling? I would say maybe during but I have never attended a pulling event so I really don't know what its like.

perhaps we should get an agenda started....

Agenda:

-- Schedule for the season.

--
How many scale gtg?

-- Duluth events?

-- Location of scale events

-- Scaling on comp days?
What kind of classes...
How many classes.... Frame rail and other.
-- Duty's? Who's gonna do what?
- Score keeper
- money keeper/treasurer
- coarse set up and location
- anything else that Kevin and Ryan need help with

Anything else that you guys would like to discuss or think should be added to this list?

Here is my opinion on some of the other topics that were discussed and implemented last season....
Judging stays the same as last year, everybody judges and keeps time. It seemed to have worked well and gave everybody an opportunity to see the coarse and sit around and shoot the bull during the comp.
I also liked the one drawing at the end of the season.
Fees should stay the same. But maybe have a dollar dance or $10 challenge after the comps with the winner taking half and the club taking the other half to go to prizes at the end of the year. Like I said, just a thought.

Last edited by CmdrZod; 02-23-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #55
Donkey Punch Champion!

Good thoughts Toby.

I'm out for march 3rd. Going west for some deep powder sledding. first time in 4 years, should be interesting. Older, heavier, less lung capacity.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Maybe the 3rd is a little early for the meeting... Maybe we do the 17th? Give us a chance for everybody to see this thread and get there two cents in and maybe answer some of the topics before the meeting all together. Again just a thought...

Sent from my phone using my fingers.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

every thing looks good the 3rd or the 17th would work for us, (but since baller needs to go ride his sled....)
thanks every one for getting things rolling
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

I think no scale class is the wrong direction to go. I can see the problems that coming up with class rules would propose. If it's too hard to have a stock honcho class, I propose 2 rules. Off the rack 1.9s and no tvp chassis. I think it would bring in new people to the club. Gtgs are fun but they won't bring new people to the comp side of the club. The 1.9 class is dead, based on attendance numbers last season. I still am planning to help out when I can. I think that having a scale class would be an incentive to improve comp attendance and bring in more club revenue for the end of year drawing.

Both dates work for me.

Last edited by diesel kawboy; 02-22-2013 at 08:33 AM.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Yup, as minnesotamudder said we are good for any of those dates.

Lets see what works for everyone else. Post up what day you can make it!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel kawboy View Post
I think no scale class is the wrong direction to go. I can see the problems that coming up with class rules would propose. If it's too hard to have a stock honcho class, I propose 2 rules. Off the rack 1.9s and no tvp chassis. I think it would bring in new people to the club. Gtgs are fun but they won't bring new people to the comp side of the club. The 1.9 class is dead, based on attendance numbers last season. I still am planning to help out when I can. I think that having a scale class would be an incentive to improve comp attendance and bring in more club revenue for the end of year drawing.
How about doing kind of a "Rent-a-Ride" type thing to try to get the 1.9 class back to life? I would be willing to let people borrow our 1.9 to try it out. I think we need to keep it because it's a national class.

I don't like the idea of a scale class because there seems to be little agreement on what to allow and not. Leaving it open causes too many problems.

It seems to me alot of the newer people have scale trucks. That's why I would like to see more scale events!

MNRCRC Winter Meeting.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MNRCRC Winter Meeting for 2012 Season Nicklepimp Minnesota 100 02-10-2012 02:03 PM
2010/2011 MNRCRC Winter Meeting Nicklepimp Minnesota 177 02-10-2011 09:37 AM
2010 MNRCRC Winter Meeting Nicklepimp Minnesota 79 04-04-2010 12:40 PM
MNRCRC Winter Meeting #1 Nicklepimp Minnesota 55 12-10-2008 08:56 AM
2008 MNRCRC meeting Date freetimecrawler Minnesota 17 01-01-2008 10:14 AM