Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota
Loading

Notices

Thread: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #81
RCC Addict
 
Nicklepimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Minnehopeless
Posts: 1,129
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

I talked to Ken tonight. He says there is no room at the inn... The ballrooms are booked for the next few weeks and they are having to hold the pulling events in a smaller room that barely has enough room for the pullers. He did say that there are a couple larger tables in the restaurant that we might be able to request.

We tried to hold a meeting at a restaurant once some years ago, and it was very difficult to conduct business. We may want to check on other options.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #82
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: rochester, mn
Posts: 579
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Stock honcho wheelbase is 12 1/2" from center to center on the axle housing
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The underground
Posts: 394
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Technically it's 12.3 for honcho and 11.4 for dingo wb.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylors Falls just hanging with the MNRCRC crew.
Posts: 7,843
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlejock27 View Post
Stock honcho wheelbase is 12 1/2" from center to center on the axle housing
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel kawboy View Post
Technically it's 12.3 for honcho and 11.4 for dingo wb.
Thanks guys I won't have a problem.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylors Falls just hanging with the MNRCRC crew.
Posts: 7,843
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
I talked to Ken tonight. He says there is no room at the inn... The ballrooms are booked for the next few weeks and they are having to hold the pulling events in a smaller room that barely has enough room for the pullers. He did say that there are a couple larger tables in the restaurant that we might be able to request.

We tried to hold a meeting at a restaurant once some years ago, and it was very difficult to conduct business. We may want to check on other options.
Well at least they have good food.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #86
RCC Addict
 
Nicklepimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Minnehopeless
Posts: 1,129
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Don called me today, twice. Some of you may have met Don at some of our scaler events last year. First this morning, he called me to offer his house for the meeting. A very generous offer; however, there are steps involved and is not really wheelchair accessible.

Then this evening, he called back from Davanni's in Apple Valley (Cliff and Cedar). They have a private dining room with doors. They say they don't charge for the room so long as the group orders $50 worth of food. Plus, a wheelchair would be no problem. I really like the idea of the room being closed off from others.

What do you guys think?

P.S. A big thanks to Don for looking out!
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #87
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ramsey
Posts: 112
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
Don called me today, twice. Some of you may have met Don at some of our scaler events last year. First this morning, he called me to offer his house for the meeting. A very generous offer; however, there are steps involved and is not really wheelchair accessible.

Then this evening, he called back from Davanni's in Apple Valley (Cliff and Cedar). They have a private dining room with doors. They say they don't charge for the room so long as the group orders $50 worth of food. Plus, a wheelchair would be no problem. I really like the idea of the room being closed off from others.

What do you guys think?

P.S. A big thanks to Don for looking out!
I am not a member, but have been looking forward to coming to your meeting this month at the mermaid. i would go if it centrally located but apple valley is on the oppisite side of the cities from me. just my 2 cents
Kzzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #88
Web Wheeling
 
Etype R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 3,004
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

The mermaid has some nice meeting rooms by the bowling lanes, and the restaurant area is not to loud, our Toyota club had a few gatherings there.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #89
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 164
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Where ever you all decide is fine with us (Mudd and I).
We'll be there any old way!
$50 worth of food isn't much these days and we'll prolly be hungry!
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #90
RCC Addict
 
Nicklepimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Minnehopeless
Posts: 1,129
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
The mermaid has some nice meeting rooms by the bowling lanes, and the restaurant area is not to loud, our Toyota club had a few gatherings there.
I've never seen those rooms, so I can't say. But the way Ken made it sound, it seemed like there wasn't going to be anything available.

Don called the Davanni's in Richfield (across the street from Hub Hobby) and they have 2 rooms that close off as well. He even went so far as to reserve one of them for March 24th since it's not a holiday that day. It wouldn't take anything to cancel it if people aren't happy with it, but its being held while we decide.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The underground
Posts: 394
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

I'm fine with whatever. 50 bucks is nothing to worry about with a club our size.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #92
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 164
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Mudd and I are fine with either date. Whatever place works for the masses we'll be there!
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The "Nanny" State
Posts: 276
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
I've never seen those rooms, so I can't say. But the way Ken made it sound, it seemed like there wasn't going to be anything available.

Don called the Davanni's in Richfield (across the street from Hub Hobby) and they have 2 rooms that close off as well. He even went so far as to reserve one of them for March 24th since it's not a holiday that day. It wouldn't take anything to cancel it if people aren't happy with it, but its being held while we decide.
Thanks Pimp for calling Ken, and Thank you Don for thinking outside the box!
I think that it would be a good idea to meet at Davanni's in Richfield also. And the 24th would work better for myself as-well. Does that reservation have a time attached to it or is it for all day? I think that noon would work well, it would allow us to eat lunch and give the guys from the north AND from the south a chance to get there with out having to leave at the ass crack of dawn on a weekend.

What does everyone think? Or is there another idea?
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #94
Donkey Punch Champion!
 
BigBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 4,660
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

I know a guy with a business and a warehouse. How much space do you need? I know he has keys and an alarm code as well.

Plan sounds fine either way. I will be there to disrupt the meeting as needed.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #95
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 164
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
I know a guy with a business and a warehouse. How much space do you need? I know he has keys and an alarm code as well.

Plan sounds fine either way. I will be there to disrupt the meeting as needed.

Cool! Maybe, if said guy was a cool guy he'd let us set up a winter crawl area in said warehouse next winter.
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylors Falls just hanging with the MNRCRC crew.
Posts: 7,843
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Richfield is a breeze for us.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #97
Donkey Punch Champion!
 
BigBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 4,660
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by semnmrc View Post
Cool! Maybe, if said guy was a cool guy he'd let us set up a winter crawl area in said warehouse next winter.
ummmm, no.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #98
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ramsey
Posts: 112
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Richfield will work for me
Kzzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #99
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 164
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
ummmm, no.
Darn, wish he was more like Baller!






Richfield would work for us also.
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The underground
Posts: 394
Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
ummmm, no.
No to the crawlin' spot or no he's not cool?
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



MNRCRC Winter Meeting.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MNRCRC Winter Meeting for 2012 Season Nicklepimp Minnesota 100 02-10-2012 02:03 PM
2010/2011 MNRCRC Winter Meeting Nicklepimp Minnesota 177 02-10-2011 09:37 AM
2010 MNRCRC Winter Meeting Nicklepimp Minnesota 79 04-04-2010 12:40 PM
MNRCRC Winter Meeting #1 Nicklepimp Minnesota 55 12-10-2008 08:56 AM
2008 MNRCRC meeting Date freetimecrawler Minnesota 17 01-01-2008 10:14 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com