Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

Hey guys.... Spring is right around the corner and even thou its crazy cold out we need to start thinking about getting a schedule put together. And we are getting alot of inquires about it. I know that Baller and Pimp have been taking care of threads like this but with the comments and hints that they laid out last season about getting burnt out with the planning and taking care of everything I figured I would step up, and if nothing else, get the ball rolling.

First order of business would be a meeting place.... I know that in the past they have been held at the Mermaid on the days they have pulling, and I noticed that partsman just posted there schedule here a day ago or so.... with the 27th just this coming weekend lets count that out, but if its ok with the pulling guys, what would work better for everybody else?
Feb. 10th or Feb 17th?
I do have a pm sent to partsman about this.

What classes do we want to run this year? Same as last year? More? Less?
Discuss.

What weekends? How many Duluth events? If any of the Duluth guys are going to participate?

Scaler events? If we run a regular scale class do we still want the club scale gtg's?

What other locations are there that can be considered? Rochester? St. Cloud? Morton?

Last but not least a direct question for Pimp and Baller, Are you guys willing to still help with guidance for whoever picks up the ball?

I am looking forward to this coming season and I think for us to make it a successful one we are all going to have to pitch in where we can.

Thoughts?? Or any other topics that should be discussed feel free to post away. Even you new guys, feel free to comment and give your opinion!

Thanks!
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: MNRCRC Winter Meeting....

either date would probably work for us, i think last year we had it before the swapmeet soo???? I think we could do at least one scale g2g down by us near rochester and maybe a comp, and a dulth weeked would be fun in the summer
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Is there going to be a swap meet at the Mermaid coming up? If so would it be a good day to have the meeting then?

We would love to have a scaler gtg or a comp down this way (Rochester) but I do realize it's a ways for people to come. I/we plan to get out and do more scouting when the weather gets a little warmer.

Mudd and I are willing to help set up at comps as we usually get there in plenty of time. So don't feel you're on your own.

I definately don't want fewer scaler events! We are going to really try to do at least one scaler gtg down our way again this year!

I know we didn't make alot of comps last year but I think we are really going to try to make alot more of them this year! If anyone from our area is interested in comping or scaling we can get a carpool going.
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I don't know if or when there is a swap meet. I was just throwing out dates to get the conversation started. However if there is a swap meet, that would work. And we might actually get more people to show.

As far as a gtg in Rochester area, I nominate you guys to figure out all the details regarding that. From what I have read on here you did a great job last year!

I guess we can consider the proverbial "Ball" rolling!

Last edited by CmdrZod; 01-22-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Yeah, we will set at least one up down in this area. Would like to have more, but we'll see how the scheduling goes.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #6

hey, I know I'm new, but I'd like to help, either of those dates work for me, but don't you think everyone should meet sooner to discuss everything before it being so close to the season?. a good place to go might even be Gaylord falls, I don't really care where I live in the cities so any where theres a decent place to crawl I have to drive to anyways. thanks for letting me post my o2! look forward to meeting everyone! I posted an intro for myself in the new member topic! thanks again!
dariusmather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmather View Post
either of those dates work for me, but don't you think everyone should meet sooner to discuss everything before it being so close to the season?.
Well not sure what you mean here, but the first comp isn't normally until mid April.

Quote:
a good place to go might even be Gaylord falls,
Don't quite know were that is, maybe post some pics and a location and maybe some of us can check it out this summer and see if it would work for a comp or gtg site.

And welcome to the boards be sure to read all the sticky's and learn to use the search function because alot ot the questions that you may have, have probably already been asked and answered. And YES you need a BEC.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrZod View Post
Well not sure what you mean here, but the first comp isn't normally until mid April.

Don't quite know were that is, maybe post some pics and a location and maybe some of us can check it out this summer and see if it would work for a comp or gtg site.

And welcome to the boards be sure to read all the sticky's and learn to use the search function because alot ot the questions that you may have, have probably already been asked and answered. And YES you need a BEC.
oo okay sounds good I thought you started earlier?, idk I'm new lol I meant taylors falls lol stupid auto correct on this iPad always ****s my spelling up awesome thanks for the info! and what's a BEC?
dariusmather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #9

hey guys just checking in if you need help just ask I am not sure where the mermaid is but i might be willing to go as long as it doesnt interfear with ice fishing hehe
BigJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Rochester would be cool. I have a Scx10 and hopefully buying a wraith in the next few weeks. Even if you don't run scalers I would still try to come to watch and meet some of you. Ive never been to a actual comp.
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlejock27 View Post
Rochester would be cool. I have a Scx10 and hopefully buying a wraith in the next few weeks. Even if you don't run scalers I would still try to come to watch and meet some of you. Ive never been to a actual comp.
We're for sure going to have a gtg for scalers in the Rochester area this year, weather or not it's on the schedule.

If you want to come to a comp, at Taylors Falls or where ever, if we're going you could ride with us if you'd like.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Can there be a scaler gtg some where north of the metro? Thanks guys. gotta get some new shocks first tho...
mitchr97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDROX97 View Post
Can there be a scaler gtg some where north of the metro? Thanks guys. gotta get some new shocks first tho...
Usually have a couple at Taylors Falls! And I'm all for having some there again. Also maybe a Stillwater Boom site!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

any one hear from baller or pimp about dates for the meeting? Or is baller to busy palying with his bugs
Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Whatever weekend for the meeting is fine. Toby, are you are putting together a rough silibus for the meeting? If so, I think we should do more scale events and a class. The people I have spoken with people that are not in the club and they say they would be way more likely to join the club for scale stuff. Imo the hobby is going more back to scale and if we want to maintain or even grow our numbers I think we need to accommodate that shift. That being said, I've gone totally scale and have more run time this winter than my comp rigs all last comp season (1 of 3 with perfect attendance). Keep 2.2 pro but scrap the rest of the format. Now before anyone gets their undies in a wedge, keep in mind this is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary...
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I would also like to see more scaler events also.

I understand that to keep with the national format we will have to have a certain amount of comps. I'll probably run sportsman class but that's probably all. I think people just coming in look at comps as just that, competition, and maybe loose interest as soon as they see the intensity SOME people have.

A scaler class comp might be fun and give everyone a chance to comp also. But I would leave it wide open, run what ya brung!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I think this thread can be the over all agenda. As far as the scale events go, I think that your right about us potentially gaining more participation, but I wouldn't want to scrap 2.2S or 1.9 without first finding out the interest in both. I know that Trent has got himself a 2.2S rig in the works now but that would be easy enough to put a dig on it.

I guess what kind of scale stuff do you think that people are going to want? Is it going to be just gtg's or trail rides, or scale comps? If its gonna be comps then I definitely think that we should keep it as basic as possible just to see what kind of response we get.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

i also would like more scale stuff but i think that we need to keep 2.2 pro and sportsman, we had alot of people running both lastyear and I think it is easier for new people to start with sportsman to se if they like comping. Now im not sure about 1.9s becuse im not sure how many people will have them
Old 01-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

so has anyone come up with a date for the meeting?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Hey guys great effort I'd feel better if the "Pimp" was playing his usual role in our planning as "Chairman of the Board". We all know he needs help on comp days we can do that. We still need his guidance on schedule and the overall season no one knows the MNRCRC better than Kevin this is his 9th season in that position.

My understanding was we would be adding a "scale comp class" the rules are undefined for the first season at this point.

I'm assuming every thing else will be similar to 2012. Two seasons Spring and Fall six events each. Schedule will work around the holidays. Duluth is a very open question the MNRCRC has some very good friends up their in the Northland when they talk we listen. Other events outside of Taylors Falls will require a club vote.

Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote

MNRCRC Winter Meeting.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MNRCRC Winter Meeting for 2012 Season Nicklepimp Minnesota 100 02-10-2012 02:03 PM
2010/2011 MNRCRC Winter Meeting Nicklepimp Minnesota 177 02-10-2011 09:37 AM
2010 MNRCRC Winter Meeting Nicklepimp Minnesota 79 04-04-2010 12:40 PM
MNRCRC Winter Meeting #1 Nicklepimp Minnesota 55 12-10-2008 08:56 AM
2008 MNRCRC meeting Date freetimecrawler Minnesota 17 01-01-2008 10:14 AM