Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: 2015 MNRCRC Season - Discussion/Idea Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2014, 12:14 AM   #61
RMK
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 2015 MNRCRC Season - Discussion/Idea Thread

Hey guys. I know I'm new to the club, but, I would like to help as much as I can. I am able to bring hobby store support to the club and I can help organize and obtain prizes for the comps, g6's, etc. I was very active with the northern Colorado g6, ttc and scale events. So I can provide 1st hand insight as to how some of the other larger clubs worked. I will be at the Dec. 7th meeting for sure.

Last edited by RMK; 11-26-2014 at 09:51 PM.
RMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2014, 07:36 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Ok, the room is booked for Sunday December 7th at 11:30am. Both rooms are booked at 4, so I just booked ours until 3:30. But if we actually go that long, I'll need to take smoking back up!!! Oh, and I asked for the other room this time (she said it was bigger!).

Another topic I think we should talk about is the long term future of the 2.2 Pro class. Manufacturers aren't producing new comp rigs, but they are still coming out with new scalers. Don't get me wrong I'd hate to see the class die, especially while a number of our members still have rigs, but I think we need to plan for what appears to be the inevitable. Does that mean a year or two from now? I don't know. But I think it's better to talk about it now. Anyone think I'm off my rocker?
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:04 PM   #63
Web Wheeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
(she said it was bigger!)
That's what she said
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

I've been scavenging the classifieds and stocking up on upgrades here this fall as other pro drivers dump their parts. I'd like to keep it around. Phil has told me several times he wants to build/buy one. It was my first year this year, and unlike you seasoned guys, I'm just getting warmed up.

Sadly, the only entry level rigs are Bully axles from Rc4wd and the exceed MOA crap from China. If someone has the cash to dive in head first, there's fully custom berg axles to be bought new but dang they are expensive.

Maybe we set a number, that if participation in that class drops below it, we cancel for the next season????

Also, a comment made earlier in the thread about the run order may help. If we push 2.2pro to the end of the run order, it will make the overall comp days better for the guys who brought 1 rig.

What do we have about 8 ($0.05pimp, etype, mudder, dna, dkawboy, stormin, wildbill, Zod). I'm sure we'd have 1 or two more in there.

Priv Joker is parting out his xr10 electronics but will be selling the roller, so that's a good opportunity for someone to pick up an XR10 that has all the necessary stuff done to it.

D
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #65
RCC Addict

I don't want to see any class go but dropping a high maintnance class (as in rules) could help us focus on the ones with good attendance.

I only run scalers though so my vote shouldn't really count.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #66
RMK
Quarry Creeper

My .02¢ is that we keep all of the classes and if enough rigs show up to the classes, we run them. If only a few rigs in that class show, we don't run that class at that comp. If we run like 10 comps during the season and a specific class only gets enough rigs to run that specific class on only one of the comps, then we discuss keeping that class for the next season. Lets run the season and see how the classes turn out.
RMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

How about replacing MOA with a Sportsman class? No problems with chassis' or parts there.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

I guess a class for just Norman and Toby's rigs to run in could be cool
Old 11-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #69
"GOD SPEED"

I am in western WI and would like to become a member but I am not on Facebook so I would like to know how to go about getting signed up. Thanks
nerby149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerby149 View Post
I am in western WI and would like to become a member but I am not on Facebook so I would like to know how to go about getting signed up. Thanks
If you want to join, you are more than welcome. We have a club meeting in a couple weeks but it's not required that you attend.

To join basically you just need to come to events. The schedule for 2015 will get hashed out soon. There is no requirement to make it to every event. If you want to make a run for the points championship then it's better off that you do but it's definitely not required.

For fun this winter, Phil (orange58crush) hosts a Snowcrawl series in his garage. See the sign up thread here on the mn forum.

Dana
Old 11-22-2014, 06:03 AM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
Hater
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post

What do you want a Yeti class?
Old 11-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerby149 View Post
Nerby, the club has had a number of western Wisconsin members in the past your more than welcome.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Hey, hey, hey... What's wrong with a yeti class?
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

hey all, i haven't crawled a comp with you guys in several years, and have taken the hobby back up, and im excited to come back down for some 2015 events! so i cant wait to see what classes you guys run so i can get some rigs tooled up.
Silverdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:40 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel kawboy View Post

Too slow.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel kawboy View Post
If you guys want to try and keep up with Axial new releases nobody will be able to afford the MNRCRC. Cost kills local club membership faster than anything and it's happening all over the world right now in our hobby. Yeah lots of people are buying the new products but it makes true competition impossible. Whats good for Axial isn't necessarily good for the average crawler enthusiast or club. We saw it with the MOA class cut our membership in half faster than you could say "greed is good". There are plenty of other interesting better organized RC groups out there to compete for members with we can't allow this to go over the top cost wise.

The K.I.S.S. theory works best.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:55 PM   #78

I don't want to see 2.2 Pro discontinued either. Too many dollars, hours, and miles invested by the members of this club to trash it. I concur regarding reversing the order of events, it felt backwards to me the first time I went thru it. Maybe it's the race fan in me, but those types of events usually start with the least modified/slowest vehicles and progressed up to the fully modded badasses as the last event.

On the subject of types of events, I'd like to see as many scale and G6 events as Comps. Work kept me from attending the second Byron event (as well as damn near everything else!) but that event was the shizz-nit. I like imitating a spider on the rocks, too, but trailing like that it where it's at.

I have a suggestion that I think will help alleviate some of the stress/confusion on Comp day. I'm throwing this in here now in the hopes someone will pick it up and take it up at the meeting. I think someone should be in charge of sign-up, and as each person shows up, they are put in the pool. Right before the event starts, the sign-up guy draws numbers for the running order, after the first two positions of course. This person would then be in charge of calling up the competitors in the right order to run their rigs.

I also think that each competitor should carry their score sheet(s) with them thru the comp. Trying to find someone's sheet is frustrating and a waste of time.

I understand the purpose of splitting the group and half running each course simultaneously, but I don't like not getting to watch everyone run. I would rather have the event run longer. I know, I know, I'm the dude that bailed right away several times, but if I didn't have a gig, I'd of been there 'til all the batteries were dead.

Hopefully I can make more events next season. Sundays are better for me, but that's just me.

Can't make the meeting, hope it goes well, hope to see y'all at the Snowcrawl afterward!
Orange58Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

I personally don't care what classes we run as long as we have a "reasonable comp series schedule". G6 participation on our part is up to Greg and Brawley developing a interest for that format which hasn't happend so far.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #80
Rock Stacker

I don't want to see the 2.2 pro class dropped either. I'm currently building a 2.2 Pro and want to try it this next season.

I like the idea of changing the class order around and running the 2.2 Pro class last.

I like the comps and the GTG about the same. I think I would like to see more competition added to the GTG though. Kind of like what we did with the Deadbolt at Thomson Dam.

I'm new to crawling and all of the events but I had a great time this year at all of them. I'm willing to help out in any way I can.

I will see you all at the meeting.

Kevin
captainmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote

2015 MNRCRC Season - Discussion/Idea Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014-2015 Season Thoughts AZrcdriver Arizona 15 10-29-2014 02:08 AM
2014 - 2015 season xciter roksloski Paint and Body 0 10-02-2014 07:40 PM
2014/2015 West Coast Rc Crawlers Comp season. Season Opener October 4th, 2014 Illeagle California 0 08-21-2014 05:16 PM
EPARCC first comp of 2015 Season Jslick Pennsylvania 0 07-30-2014 02:47 PM
MNRCRC 2008 Season opener, Spring/summer season comp#1 freetimecrawler Competitions 0 04-06-2008 11:18 PM