Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: 2015 MNRCRC Season - Discussion/Idea Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: 2015 MNRCRC Season - Discussion/Idea Thread

Does anyone know the ratio of members statewide? Also how many are into scalers vs bashing? The reason I ask is I really enjoyed last howl crawl, knowing it was a free ride type day and no competition was taken place unless it was for bragging rights. But I also considered it to be a bashing day.
How many are into a slower pace and more technical driving with cl1, cl2 , cl3 rigs at a scale park. Does anyone know of a park or someone's personal play area? I have been thinking on building one. But no means of parking.
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #22
RCC Addict

I'm guessing its around 90% bashing and 10% hard core competing.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:39 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
I'm guessing its around 90% bashing and 10% hard core competing.

Wow that's a spread. Ok I will be showing my face more and give more support towards what has been established. I guess I'll go on the term, "if you build it, they will come".

If you know me, I love scale! Crawling I could see my self getting into maybe....
Bashing yes but need to make more body protection for the mog. The yeti, use it like I stole it.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

For the most part are club is not that much scale. Were no where near what your Mog was (that thing was sick!) but we are more performance driven scale rigs. They drive good and look good too. As far as class specific events ( C1, C2, C3) we do not go by the SORRCA rules, we run a modified USRCCA rules.
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Haha now I feel like a dumbass! It felt weird at first when some people were looking at me then the mog then me. But anyways, I learned. I still had fun and that's what made my decision to continue in this Rc addiction. Thanks for all the chimes and feedback.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I meant as a whole. Racing is around the same ratio.

Not everybody wants or needs to win and that's a huge market we're not tapping into.

I hooe you do show up more. Maddog. You've got some kilker builds and I think your attention to detail will encourage more folks to come check out what we do.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #27
RCC Addict

No I'm not looking for the win.... Just maybe a few guys getting together at a future scale park and sit back and have a few beers or sodas for the little ones. I have two little ones as well. So family time is important too. Just basically having fun and competing on your own skills. Learn from others, help others with whatever. I'm open when I can. Just figure that there are a few of us that could do some scaling. No matter what, you will see me next year for sure!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:24 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Give me a few days to read up on all the local rules, locations, upcoming events, and more local builds threads. Need to apply the rig to the face to the name...lol
Old 10-30-2014, 06:00 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Chad kinda hit it on the head. Clubs and groups grow and excel when they have a driving force who can dedicate a TON of time. For Kevin to take on that role would be just too much. Even if we have a variety of local clubs, still need a central point to be the overall organizer. The idea is dang good, maybe just need to figure out a way to handle the workload.

I've found the best way to do things is to benchmark how other people do it. It'd be nice to see how clubs like kcrc and showme scalers operate. Two big clubs in one state. Also Arkansas, Washington, and Texas have good size clubs.

The first steps we can take is to get some more planned events next year. Then as usual its communication. Some major strides have been made this year, as River pointed out, with the impact of Facebook to notify people of when and where.
We can discuss this at the fall meeting and maybe get a couple people to volunteer to take on communication for next year.

Lots of good discussion here. Like Kevin said at the howl crawl the club has been very open to the members input since the beginning. Keep it coming and we can bring it all together in about a month.

Dana
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:06 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog Madigan View Post
Give me a few days to read up on all the local rules, locations, upcoming events, and more local builds threads. Need to apply the rig to the face to the name...lol
You actually hit on something here that is a challenge with forums. Knowing who a person is and what rig is theirs and what their id is on the forum is always challenging. A directory of sorts would be great but it is the internet and many folks don't want to get that much info in one spot (but then we'll tell you we're going to the bathroom on Facebook or Twitter lol)
Old 11-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Updated the first post with some of the data.

I spent some serious time last night reading the USRCCA scale rule discussion for trail comp from Fishmaxx and John Rob Holmes. They are going through a lot of ideas to grow the scale scene and setting up the rules. Trying to keep it from getting too crazy like the USRCCA and SORRCA rules have gotten.

One of the more intriguing ideas is an inclusive 1.9 and 2.2 combined "stocker" class? You only can run an off-the-shelf rig with bolt on modifications, upgraded motor/esc/servo/ wheels/ tires allowed. No custom axles, no knuckle weights, no "comp" stuff. Think Honcho with better tires and steering servo and motor/esc with Al links. Running 2.2 (wraith/ridgecrest) against the scx10 can work as you set up the gates and challenges - some to favor a narrow rig, some for a wide rig.

Another idea was to break people into the comp idea by incorporating comp style portions of an afternoon trail run. Go out for a couple hour run at TF and put up some gates where we will score people per the normal point system (but only 6-8 gates). Run rigs right after the other with no time limit. Just give people a taste of the comp scene.

Dana
Old 11-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Fawk fish and more rules.
Nobody wants to tech vehicles.
We need to simplify the day and focus on a run what ya brung format with minimal rules that might include wheel size, tire size, and/ or allowed tires.
That's my opinion.

Got 6 axles? Run it.
Got a Losi mini with a scale moon buggy chassis? Run it.
Got a Teluride with stock slash style rims and stock tires? Run it.

I would give up comp crawling for G6 events. More run time and less rules = more fun.
Amnicon Falls should be added as a possible G6 location
Southern WI has made the trip to Taylors more than we have made an attempt to run with them. That should change.

Last edited by djjiz; 11-11-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

My only disagreement with Chad's post is my guys and myself like the "comp style" competitions and that's what has kept us coming back for more MNRCRC punishment for eight years. Just saying
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

I think Chad is right more G6s and less comps. Maybe once we acquire more people and actually have a large group then we could talk about more comp oriented events but for now we are just trying to have fun for cheap.
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
My only disagreement with Chad's post is my guys and myself like the "comp style" competitions and that's what has kept us coming back for more MNRCRC punishment for eight years. Just saying
I disagree with your disagreement
Old 11-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

I agree with norm and chad. To compromise, how about comps and more gtg events

After my first year of comping, I do quite like it. I can speak for Phil when I say he'd like it too. As you all know he couldn't make many due to work, but he is a competitive guy.

Question for all you guys who have been doing this a while, have we ever had enough people where we could run more than one class at once? Seems like the hardest part of a comp day is waiting around until it's your class. With more activity, it won't be as boring.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:59 PM   #37
RCC Addict

ADHD medication is expensive but if the club can afford the supplies and find enough surface area I think it can be done.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:27 AM   #38
Web Wheeling

We did that when we had more members, but we also used to run every course with a 5 minute time limit. Also had everyone form a running order line with their rigs, that is something we could bring back, it did help.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #39
Pebble Pounder

I'm not sure a "hurry up and run" format would be beneficial to new members. It already seems that there's enough confusion(stress?) with trying to get people to get from course one to course two when they are supposed to, but maybe that's where Mikes idea comes in, and Chads (what's this ad....wtf...)
It's supposed to be fun and to me "hurry" isn't fun
Maybe reverse the order, like trail class first and ending with Pro?

Also vote for more G6 and also U4!
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Looks like the only votes for a meeting date were for December 7th. So let's go with that. Dana, could you add that to the OP? Thanks.

Is everyone ok with the same Davanni's? (By Hub Hobby in Richfield)
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote

2015 MNRCRC Season - Discussion/Idea Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014-2015 Season Thoughts AZrcdriver Arizona 15 10-29-2014 02:08 AM
2014 - 2015 season xciter roksloski Paint and Body 0 10-02-2014 07:40 PM
2014/2015 West Coast Rc Crawlers Comp season. Season Opener October 4th, 2014 Illeagle California 0 08-21-2014 05:16 PM
EPARCC first comp of 2015 Season Jslick Pennsylvania 0 07-30-2014 02:47 PM
MNRCRC 2008 Season opener, Spring/summer season comp#1 freetimecrawler Competitions 0 04-06-2008 11:18 PM