RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Minnesota (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/minnesota/)
-   -   MNRCRC 2015 Schedule Planning (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/minnesota/520383-mnrcrc-2015-schedule-planning.html)

Nicklepimp 12-30-2014 09:59 PM

MNRCRC 2015 Schedule Planning

Lets try to hash out this year's schedule online.

First thing we need to do is to identify the dates that we need to avoid. I'm looking for things like holidays and big events that will pull #'s from our club (i.e. Crawl for a Cure). We should also note other major events that we need to work around. A good example would be knowing when Grandma's Marathon is and not scheduling anything in Duluth that weekend. I'll start us off and keep adding as I think of more. But if you know of something, please post and I'll keep the O.P. updated.

**Phase 2** (1/6/15)
Next, we need to decide what weekends to hold the 12 events on. We normally try to avoid back-to-back weekends, as well as going more than 3 weeks between events. We'll decide what events next, right now just what weekends. I laid out what I think will work in Blue. I think it gives a nice break mid-season, as well right before the Finals. Let me know what you think.

***Phase 3***
Next step is to layout what type of event and location. I've found that doing these at the same time usually works best to help see the big picture.

April
5th - Easter
12th -
19th -
26th - (Test & Tune/Casual GTG?) - Interstate Park

May
3rd - Event Comp - Interstate Park
10 - Mother's Day
17 - Event Scaler - Byron?
24 - Memorial Day Weekend
31 - Event Comp - Interstate Park

June
7th -
14th - Event Comp - Interstate Park
21st - Father's Day
28th - Event Comp - (Duluth)

July
5th - Independence Day Weekend
12th - Event Scaler - Thompson Dam
19 -
26 -

Aug
2nd - Event Comp - Interstate Park
9th -
16th - Event Comp - Interstate Park - Border Battle?
23rd -
30th - Event Scaler - Byron?

Sept
6th - Labor Day Weekend
13th - Event Comp - (Duluth)
20th -
27th -

Oct
4th - Event-Finals Interstate Park
11th -
18th -
25th - Event-Howl Krawl Interstate Park

Notables:
C.H. Robinson Duluth to Mpls MS 150 Bike Race-June 12 thru 14
Grandma's Marathon-Duluth MN-June 20th
Crawl for a Cure-July 16th thru 19th
Carlton Daze-Carlton MN-Last full weekend in July
USRCCA Nationals Weekend-*Probably Sept 12th/13th
djjiz wedding-Sept 19
Crawlapalooza-*Probably Oct 10th/11th
Toys for Tots 1:1 Trail Ride-Byron MN-Usually the 3rd weekend in October
Tall Ship event in Duluth not returning until 2016

djjiz 12-30-2014 11:05 PM

Re: MNRCRC 2015 Schedule Planning

Crawl with the queers is on Jul 16, 2015 - Jul 19, 2015

My wedding is on 9/19

BigBaller 12-31-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djjiz (Post 5099276)

My wedding is on 9/19

This queer won't miss the Crawl event...so, I'm out for RC's that weekend. And as far as I know, mike was the only other guy involved...and his sh!t is still broke. :flipoff:

And your wedding...how is this possible again? This IS really happening? I'm so happy for ya Chadley, will there me a mini you someday too?! :mrgreen:

djjiz 12-31-2014 05:20 PM

Took her to get snipped on our third date. I'll adopt a 15 year old with a paper route so he can buy his own tit's but that's the only kid plan in our future.

Thanks again, Ryan. If you or anyone else want a invite to the reception let me know. It's gonna be low key and comfortable.

minnesotamudder 12-31-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBaller (Post 5099687)
This queer won't miss the Crawl event...so, I'm out for RC's that weekend. And as far as I know, mike was the only other guy involved...and his sh!t is still broke. :flipoff:

I think we are going to try to make the crawl event this year, My jeep is still being put together, but we have some vehicles ready.

Nicklepimp 12-31-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djjiz (Post 5099276)

My wedding is on 9/19

Congrats to you, and my condolences to the misses.

Stormin2u 01-01-2015 06:58 AM

Does anyone go to the Nationals anymore?

Don't forget the Duluth to Mpls MS 150 Bike Race.

semnmrc 01-01-2015 09:07 AM

Toys for Tots 1:1 trail ride is usually the 3rd weekend in October. It's at the location where we have the Byron scaler events. I'll know for sure when they post their schedule.

djjiz 01-01-2015 01:33 PM

I have no intentions of ever going to nationals. My rig would never pass tech.

Nicklepimp 01-01-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormin2u (Post 5100234)
Does anyone go to the Nationals anymore?

Maybe Billy will show up to just enough events to qualify again this year.:lmao:

At this point, I just want to list out everything that we may want to consider. The next step would be to look at the calendar and see what make sense for the club, accommodating the Notables as possible.

Nicklepimp 01-06-2015 08:57 PM

I added 'Phase 2' to the original post. Basically, lets decide what weekends to hold an event on. Post up.

CmdrZod 01-07-2015 05:04 AM

I like it... I think the sept event should be a comp, the Aug 30th a gtg and the other two in Aug be comps. July should be a comp. June 28 a gtg and the 14th a comp. May 31 comp, 17th gtg, and 3rd the season opener. Just my $0.02. Of course that's if the gtg dates work with the Byron site.

Stormin2u 01-07-2015 06:35 AM

Looks good and getting the schedule set early is very helpful with vacation planning. Props Pimpster. "thumbsup"

Nicklepimp 01-07-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormin2u (Post 5105819)
Looks good and getting the schedule set early is very helpful with vacation planning. Props Pimpster. "thumbsup"

Yes, plus the park ranger appreciates it too.

dna4engr 01-07-2015 11:06 AM

I would suggest we add an informal trail event Spring Krawl in April (depending on weather). Since we end the year with a big trail run, let's kick it off with a big one too. Don't know if the 19th or 26th is the right date to earmark. Nothing competitive just a big trail run either at Taylors or at Thompson damn or ....

The rest of the schedule looks good. I need to digest it more. Also, I'm hoping to get an idea of the Recon G6 schedule so we can maybe plan attending.

I'll be going to China most likely in September so you guys will want to schedule a few comps that month so you guys can keep me off the championship podium at the end of the year :flipoff:

Stormin2u 01-07-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dna4engr (Post 5106056)
I'll be going to China most likely in September so you guys will want to schedule a few comps that month so you guys can keep me off the championship podium at the end of the year :flipoff:

Really ... with all due respect we expect to do that with you here. :flipoff:

Nicklepimp 01-25-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CmdrZod (Post 5105787)
I like it... I think the sept event should be a comp, the Aug 30th a gtg and the other two in Aug be comps. July should be a comp. June 28 a gtg and the 14th a comp. May 31 comp, 17th gtg, and 3rd the season opener. Just my $0.02. Of course that's if the gtg dates work with the Byron site.

I added your suggestion to the original post, and I think it looks good. The only change I made is the June GTG for the July comp so that we can have our 4 comps in before July in case someone wants to go to nats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dna4engr (Post 5106056)
I would suggest we add an informal trail event Spring Krawl in April (depending on weather). Since we end the year with a big trail run, let's kick it off with a big one too. Don't know if the 19th or 26th is the right date to earmark. Nothing competitive just a big trail run either at Taylors or at Thompson damn or ....

We've done some casual test & tune's prior to the season opener in years past. People would bring comp rigs and/or scalers, and like the Digital Underground: 'Doowutchyalike'!8)

To everyone:
Post up your thoughts on the suggestion in the original post. Does anyone want to see any changes? Anything that we're missing? Do the 'breaks' look spaced out adequately or too much anywhere? Should we hold any of these on Saturday? (Bill-Would those dates in Byron work?)

Also, we need to decide on what Duluth locations for the comps. The spots we have used there are:
-Brighton Beach
-Break Wall
-Stoney Point

*Chad-Do you think Chester Bowl could hold a comp?

Thoughts?

CmdrZod 01-25-2015 11:14 AM

Looks good! Thanks Pimp!

minnesotamudder 01-25-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicklepimp (Post 5125048)
I added your suggestion to the original post, and I think it looks good. The only change I made is the June GTG for the July comp so that we can have our 4 comps in before July in case someone wants to go to nats.

We've done some casual test & tune's prior to the season opener in years past. People would bring comp rigs and/or scalers, and like the Digital Underground: 'Doowutchyalike'!8)

To everyone:
Post up your thoughts on the suggestion in the original post. Does anyone want to see any changes? Anything that we're missing? Do the 'breaks' look spaced out adequately or too much anywhere? Should we hold any of these on Saturday? (Bill-Would those dates in Byron work?)

Also, we need to decide on what Duluth locations for the comps. The spots we have used there are:
-Brighton Beach
-Break Wall
-Stoney Point

*Chad-Do you think Chester Bowl could hold a comp?

Thoughts?

I think for the duluth comps we should do the break wall and stoney point.

djjiz 01-25-2015 04:38 PM

I'm sure we could pull something off at Chester. I love Thompson dam but would also like to consider stoney point or the break wall.