RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Minnesota (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/minnesota/)
-   -   St. Louis G6...Who's in?? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/minnesota/525014-st-louis-g6-whos.html)

dna4engr 02-05-2015 12:07 PM

St. Louis G6...Who's in??

Hey guys,
The Recon G6 schedule locations are posted. However, they don't have dates yet. I'll update this post with the date for the ST. Louis one once it's available. If the timing works out, I'm in.

If more of you are interested, we can maybe work out a car pool, camping, or hotel thing.

Looks like it's about 8.5 hours to get there.

Dana

Priv Joker 02-05-2015 01:23 PM

Re: St. Louis G6...Who's in??

Im seriously considering it. All depends on the date it falls on.

grunt95 02-05-2015 01:49 PM

Guys dont go I can barely stand Dana in the car to go to Taylor Falls. Just joking. I might be in but that means I need the money and a date once its posted.

diesel kawboy 02-05-2015 05:31 PM

Hmm... Sounds interesting. Need more info to see if it works with my schedule.

RMK 02-05-2015 09:05 PM

I'm in. The dates should be posted far enough in advance that I know I can get the time off from the hobby store. Also, I am willing to drive if needed. 8.5hrs is nothing. "thumbsup"

Stormin2u 02-06-2015 07:18 AM

It's great to see some local talent headed to some big events out of state. It's always big boost for local moral when our friends do well on the road. As it was late last summer when the Pimpster finished second in Crawlapoluza's 1.9 scale class. It gives everyone insperation to do better and raises the level of our local competition. It's great to hear your efforts I hope you get this trip together. "thumbsup"

PS .. Grunt I'd really like to hear more about DNA's "car personality" it sounds like a pretty juicy story.

semnmrc 02-06-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunt95 (Post 5137113)
Guys dont go I can barely stand Dana in the car to go to Taylor Falls. Just joking. I might be in but that means I need the money and a date once its posted.

Careful there River, soliciting on here might be against the rules!:shock:

It would be pretty cool to get a bunch to go. Depending on the date of the event (;-)), sounds interesting.

FrankyMonez 02-06-2015 06:31 PM

I might be in - depending on the dates - at this point my rig isn't much to talk about so id have to put a bit of money and time into it before I would consider going:)

Orange58Crush 02-10-2015 10:05 PM

As long as it's before I go back to work, I'm in.

djjiz 02-13-2015 12:42 AM

I'm a maybe. Money might be tight and I don't understand the rules. Would my bouncer be allowed?

Stormin2u 02-13-2015 06:38 AM

Jiz and Chuck in Saint Louie now that sounds to fun. The good news is cops in that area don't use deadly force on white guys. "thumbsup"

GySgt Hartman 02-13-2015 07:15 AM

I went to the St Louis G6 last year. I primarily went down to hang with some friends I hadn't seen for a while. We all had a good time. If you are hoping to get on the podium at a RECON event you won't, as Parker says; "finishing a G6 is winning a G6".

Would I go again?

The hotel was right outside of St. Louis, and was probably in the top 2 worst hotels I've ever stayed in (bullet proof glass at the front desk, and plenty of hook's). Add last years problems at the zoo to the equation I'll probably skip it this year.

It's only 4 more hours to Denver guys...

Edit: Keep in mind there's going to be two large events at Disney, OK this year. Hogan has camping on site and there's days and days of terrain to crawl.

Orange58Crush 02-15-2015 02:45 AM

Does anyone know the dates for Disney's events? That's a half hour from my daughter and grandkids, I'm very interested!

Nicklepimp 02-18-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange58Crush (Post 5146922)
Does anyone know the dates for Disney's events? That's a half hour from my daughter and grandkids, I'm very interested!

Crawlapolooza is normally the 2nd weekend in October.

I've been there 3 times, and would absolutely recommend it to anyone considering the trip! Jerry, Matt, and the rest of the KCRC boys always put together a great event. And the terrain is phenomenal.

dna4engr 02-18-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange58Crush (Post 5146922)

The first event is the weekend of May 15th. Fri-Sun.

The next is like Pimp said. Oct.

Dana

Stormin2u 02-21-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GySgt Hartman (Post 5145093)
I went to the St Louis G6 last year. I primarily went down to hang with some friends I hadn't seen for a while. We all had a good time. If you are hoping to get on the podium at a RECON event you won't, as Parker says; "finishing a G6 is winning a G6".

Would I go again?

The hotel was right outside of St. Louis, and was probably in the top 2 worst hotels I've ever stayed in (bullet proof glass at the front desk, and plenty of hook's). Add last years problems at the zoo to the equation I'll probably skip it this year.

It's only 4 more hours to Denver guys...

Edit: Keep in mind there's going to be two large events at Disney, OK this year. Hogan has camping on site and there's days and days of terrain to crawl.

I've raced in St Louis so many times I can't even count. What Dean said about hotels is very true some are downright sleazy and most are only marginal. For the most part St Louis in general is a hot mess. In fact it was so bad many times we would leave in the middle of the night race all day and drive home no overnight. We raced Chicago the same way even though as a destination it was much more visitor friendly with great accommodations and restaurants. It sounds crazy but we did both towns for years without a overnight stay.

My advice is you get what you pay for in St Louie going cheap on accommodations will most likely be an experience. The racing was always top notch and friendly but it's probably not going to be a place you'll want to plan a family vacation to.

djjiz 03-02-2015 02:40 PM

I'll buy the first hooks if we stay at a crab shack.

Found the rules and they are rock bouncer friendly.http://www.axialracing.com/blog_posts/1073902839

Silverdirt 03-03-2015 08:53 AM

So if somebody showed up with Losi or tamiya axles they would get turned away? Smart for axial I guess since it's their own event.

djjiz 03-03-2015 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:flipoff:

grunt95 03-03-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djjiz (Post 5163396)
I'll buy the first hooks if we stay at a crab shack.

Found the rules and they are rock bouncer friendly.Axial Racing - What is a RECON G6 ?

Way to post rules for 2013 events welcome to 2015.. :flipoff: