Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: any interest in ultra4?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
Defy Gravity

Default any interest in ultra4?

been getting into the ultra4 racing scene, seeing how courses are designed and rig design as well.

mainly i'm posting this to see if anyone else is interested in U4 and if they would be willing to drive down or over depending. i'm 20 miles west of albert lea, have a few acres to work with, so space is not an issue.

what is an issue is lining up equipment, i can get a skidloader or loader tractor without much hassle, just need to know if it would be worth it.

the other issue is this would be mainly a black dirt course since its what i'm sitting on. that means there is no drainage to it. for rock sections i have field stones in reserve and for the climbs i do have some clay laying around. the clay could be laid over the dirt in a thin layer as well.

this is a solid weekend project doing it alone, the dirt work is minimal compared to what i used to do, its the detailing that would eat time. getting some lines setup that would make the crawl section an equalizer, then about 6 ft rise with the clay and dirt, about 3 ft with dirt, another 3 put on with clay.

let me know if this is something you guys would be interested, and when it gets closer to thaw, i can start lining things up.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: any interest in ultra4?

ok sorry for the noob question but whats does ultra 4 in rc terms mean? Is it more like a speed crawl in a way?
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Hey grunt. Ultra 4 is much more about speed. But it's on an organized course and includes some rock racing elements.

Ghtpdm5, I have an ifs wraith that would be perfect for this. Albert lea is a bit of a drive from the metro but not out of consideration. Basically if it was a day event I think I would car pool with some guys. Couldn't make a series of events though.

Dna
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

So, U4 is more like a faster, shorter G6?

We pretty much got the green light to have an event or a few near Rock Dell (which is just south of Byron MN) where mudd and I go. I would also be up for running a few more in other locations, maybe a series style?

Depending on dates we might be able to come over and help with a course build.
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
Defy Gravity

pretty much on a much, much shorter g6 style format, laps instead of hundreds of gates. geared toward speed more than endurance. some flat out sections, some rock sections, some really technical driving sections. think almost like a really scaled down koh format race. check out the U4RC section in the comps here for vids and pics.

if you guys are up for it, i can see about lining stuff up this spring, i'm going to need the skidloader anyway, so may as well make a weekend out of it. bill, if you could just point and then help with some of the detailing, that would be the best. there's an area i have in mind that would just need to have the grass scalped off, then start building. the only thing i'm worried about building here is that the course will turn into snot after a rain, but that may be fun for those guys that like to run around in the mud.

and really, i'm not going to put restrictions or anything on it, run what ya brung sort of deal, though if there was a bunch of rigs built more for it, they would have a separate class.

there's also the grove which could be setup for trailing sections, have about 4 acres total to play with, i do need to keep a few lanes of traffic open, but beyond that, whatever.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:11 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

not to bump an old thread but I know a few people with Yetis that I bet would love a U4 course!
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:02 PM   #7

I have a yeti, and would be very interested.
crash.n.burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #8

I'd consider coming over from Sioux Falls, SD for something like this.
pquittem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:44 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like there are a group of guys up by St. Cloud that are putting together a rc race track with a crawling course... Might be an option for a U4.
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:46 PM   #10

Just got a yeti . I'm in the Lakeville area . I sure would be interested if anyone had a race style format for these things , they are a blast .
TM27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM27 View Post
Just got a yeti . I'm in the Lakeville area . I sure would be interested if anyone had a race style format for these things , they are a blast .
It's in the works

building a u4 track in lake Elmo

Dana
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote

any interest in ultra4? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would there be any interest? aubie General Crawlers 12 08-09-2005 12:05 PM