RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Minnesota (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/minnesota/)
-   -   ~~ MNRCRC 2015 Scale Event #1 - G6 and U4 - Byron, MN ~~ (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/minnesota/534807-%7E%7E-mnrcrc-2015-scale-event-1-g6-u4-byron-mn-%7E%7E.html)

dna4engr 05-04-2015 06:49 PM

~~ MNRCRC 2015 Scale Event #1 - G6 and U4 - Byron, MN ~~

One comp is in the books and now it's time to hit the trail.

Date: May 17th, 2015
Time: Setup starts around 10:00 AM, G6 starts at 11:00AM
What: G6 trail competition and U4 Race. We run rain or shine so if the weather looks like it might rain, bring some good boots/shoes and a jacket along with a plastic bag to cover your radio. The course is wooded, but rain will still get through.

This is an event held on private property so if you plan on coming you will need to PM me or semnrc or minnesotamudder for directions and location as the land owner doesn't want the location posted on the open 'net. The location is a few miles south of Byron, MN.
Be sure to check back often to see the changes and revisions.

G6 RULES
Classes: 1.9 and 2.2 Rigs
  • Depending on attendance we will either run together or run two separate courses, so bring all your rigs. We will likely pair up into teams.
  • The G6 format is great as it caters to almost any rig running 2.2 and 1.9 tires. Wraith, Yeti, SCX10, Gmade R1, TF2, Sawback, AX10, Losi, 6x6, etc... (If you want to bring out your Yeti XL or Summit, no worries, run the course with all the smaller rigs, times will be unofficial though)
  • A tow strap is mandatory on all vehicles. A tow strap may be used to assist or recover other drivers on stage. (youtube RC tow strap, super easy to make)
  • Each person or group if you run with a few people should have your own stop watch to keep track of your time.
  • It's a timed event. The best time = the winner.
  • Bring several batteries, the courses can take 45min to 2 hours.
  • Waterproofing is not necessary but it is highly recommended. We will try to keep water areas half tire or so high, but if it rains that could change.
  • All classes are allowed to use dig and 4 wheel steering on their scalers if they choose.
Rule #1 – NO HAND OF GOD. (HOG) A RECON G6 is all about driving. In keeping with the essence of the r/c scale scene a driver may not assist, stop, catch, or kick his/her vehicle. There are no penalties for electric winching or using your tow strap with help from another competitor or for reverses, so DRIVE SMART! The penalty is a DQ for hogging your scale vehicle. Performing on course repairs or having to touch your vehicle for recovery purposes is not hogging. Picking your vehicle up out of water, mud, sand, or rolling it over onto its wheels with your hand is all examples of hogging your vehicle, thus resulting in a disqualification
Rule #2 – A stage is directional and a driver must maintain the intended direction of travel. Reversing through the trail marker in the intended direction is ok. Don't miss any trail markers!!
Rule #3 – HAVE FUN!

Penalties
Trail Markers [+30 sec] –A driver may not straddle or drive over a trail marker. A driver must get all 4 tires through the trail marker. If a driver dislodges a trail marker or steps on a trail marker, that driver is responsible for putting that trail marker back in to position. All trail markers must be traveled through. Any trail marker hit will result in 30sec penalty added to the total time

Penalty Winch [1 Min+] In the case that there is not a competitor there to help you with a pull strap, or you do not have a working electric winch, then you may employ the penalty winch. The penalty winch is a scale tow strap, lanyard, or winch line that you would operate with your hand acting as another vehicle to extract your stuck rig. The idea is to act as though your hand is another vehicle and pull the stuck or rolled over vehicle out of its situation in a “scale manner”. It is always best to use an onboard working electric winch, or use a tow strap with the assistance from another competitor. Use of either of these methods does not result in a penalty. Once a penalty winch (self used tow strap) is employed, it will be necessary remember how many times you had to use it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K4D9fHcwPE0

G6 works on the honor system. All Drivers will be on stage, driving at the same time. We are out here to have FUN and have it be like a 1:1 trail ride. You are timing yourselves and you need to try and remember how many gates you hit or penalty (hand) winch occurrences you had. No one is policing it, just do your best.

On Course Etiquette - Some folks will be trying for the best time and many will be just out to crawl on some truly awesome terrain. There are many open areas to pass. However some tough obstacles will be a bottle neck (just like in 1:1). Don't be a d!ck and drive over people or tell them to get out of the way. Use your rig to help them get through a tough obstacle and then once you get to a clearing pass them.

U4 Races
- After all the trail running it's time for SPEEEEED! (imagine Jeremy Clarkson's voice). Bring your Yeti's, bring your 4S lipo packs, hell bring your 4x4 sct (not sure how it'd do with rocks on the course but wth)
- We'll set up an impromptu track and run 1.9 and 2.2 rigs. If there are enough yeti's and solid axle 2.2 we can split them up. Otherwise they run together.
- This is a great event for yeti's, wraiths, rock bouncers, twin hammers, even an scx10 that is set up to go a little fast.

Looking forward to another great event. It's 100% worth the drive for an amazing day of RC and having fun "thumbsup"

diesel kawboy 05-04-2015 07:53 PM

Re: ~~ MNRCRC 2015 Scale Event #1 - G6 and U4 - Byron, MN ~~

Great job of staying on top of this stuff Dana. Sounds like fun!

minnesotamudder 05-04-2015 08:01 PM

HMMMM.....well......ummmm......

I guess i can go:mrgreen:

We probably will be there early to open the gate and to start set up"thumbsup"

Orange58Crush 05-05-2015 02:17 AM

If anyone is "on the fence" about whether to make the long trip down for this event, I would like to say this:

DO NOT MISS THIS EVENT!!! I made it to the spring event last year, the inaugural, and it was, by far, the most fun I've ever had with an rc!

As Dana said, this event is rain or shine, so be prepared...sunscreen, bug spray, sturdy shoes, a Ziploc for your phone/wallet, etc. Also, you'll want to bring plenty of water and trail food...we will be a considerable distance from our vehicles for most of the day. It's not the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from there!

captainmorgan 05-05-2015 10:26 AM

I wouldn't miss it for anything. Best trail run ever. I was at both events last year and had the best time. "thumbsup"

KCCO 05-05-2015 10:39 AM

Is there gonna be another one if these events this year I'll be in Colorado that weekend !!

nerby149 05-05-2015 10:56 AM

I believe the end of August there will be another one "thumbsup"

semnmrc 05-05-2015 08:21 PM

My mechanic will be there so I guess I don't have any excuse not to be there!

Unless I'm stoned :lmao:

djjiz 05-05-2015 08:59 PM

Still waiting on getting my bouncer back so I'm out. Have fun guys.

theTman 05-05-2015 10:30 PM

I was advised not to bring my ancient gopher tube rig to this event as the terrain would destroy it. It has TLT axles and stock internals in the axles (including an old school locked diff by relocating a gear in it). It even still has brass bushings inside the case. The rig is water proofed and the axles are packed to the max with grease to keep water out. It also has a 55T motor and is really heavy ( between 7.5-8 Lbs) and thus cannot even keep up with an average walking pace lol! Maybe with all that weight it would make a good winch anchor? :ror:

Etype R 05-06-2015 03:33 PM

I'll be beefing up the drive line on my 1.9 for this event, still winchless though.

FrankyMonez 05-07-2015 11:02 AM

Ill be there - but I cant compete - sold my SCX-10 and am currently building a custom wraith - ill bring the Summit along just to screw around with it:)

dna4engr 05-07-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankyMonez (Post 5219818)
Ill be there - but I cant compete - sold my SCX-10 and am currently building a custom wraith - ill bring the Summit along just to screw around with it:)

Bring it and run it. Won't be official but we aren't going to stop you. Also, it'd be cool in the U4 race. Maybe we run and open class

djjiz 05-07-2015 05:58 PM

Might have a yeti xl rolling by then.. Tempting.

msd44 05-07-2015 08:31 PM

I'd love to... But I have some tickets to a ball game that day!

Orange58Crush 05-07-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msd44 (Post 5220277)
I'd love to... But I have some tickets to a ball game that day!

Sell the tix! You'll have way more fun at Byron!

BigBaller 05-07-2015 11:32 PM

Maybe...maybe...:flipoff:

Boopernator 05-12-2015 07:35 PM

Just went through the Wraith and made some adjustments to the rear shocks and definitely tightened up the loose slipper. Now to just convince the wife I didn't just go RC'n last week-end. I agree that, this is a prime spot to run your rig and will be worth the trip if you are still deciding to attend.

minnesotamudder 05-14-2015 06:04 PM

Is anyone planning to be there before 10 so we know if we need to help get people to the trail to help set up, and so we can open the gate up before people get there?

djjiz 05-14-2015 07:02 PM

Having a hard time justifying the 8 hour drive.
I'm out.