Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: ***mnrcrc border battle***saturday august 16th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
"GOD SPEED"

Default ***mnrcrc border battle***sunday august 16th

BORDER BATTLE COMP, LOOKING FOR ANYONE FROM NEIGHBORING STATES TO JOIN US IN A BORDER BATTLE. LOCATION TAYLOR'S FALLS MN, INFO BELOW, LODGING BELOW FOR WI.

NOW MOVED TO SUNDAY

MNRCRC Comp #6
Date: August 16TH SUNDAY
Time: Set-up begins approx. 9am and the comp starts around 10ish

We plan on starting at 10 for 2.2 Pro so be sure to leave plenty early.

Classes will be run in this order. In order to keep things moving, when each class starts, set your rigs at the starting gate in a line, so we know who will be running 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Here is the starting order for each class. #1 runs first on course 1. #2 runs first on course 2. #3 listed in case someone can't make it.
2.2 Pro
1. TBD
2. TBD
3. TBD
2.2 Trail
1. TBD
2. TBD
3. TBD
1.9 Trail
1. TBD
2. TBD
3. TBD

As always, helping with course setup or cleanup is appreciated.

The results from last week can be found here.

Detailed local rules for the rigs can be found here.

No rig will be turned away. The number 1 goal is to have fun. If possible we'll help you get your class into "the rules" but we want anyone to come out and have a good time playing with their "toys"
(NOTE: a Summit or Yeti XL might struggle fitting through 16" gates, but it'd be fun to see it try)

1.9 Trail Class
Get your SCX10 or TF2 ready. Any rig with a 1.9 (or smaller) scale tire is welcome.

2.2 Trail Class
New this year is a dedicated 2.2 trail class. That's right, got a 2.2 wraith, deadbolt, or scx10? We finally have a class for you!!!!
Make sure you have some scale tires. Don't be using cheater tires...Bill

2.2 Pro
And, as always, we will have the 2.2pro class. Anyone not familiar with the rules of this class or the rules in general can check out this link HERE.
Pro rigs include any MOA or sportsman rig (including dig) on a comp chassis with comp tires.

SCORING
Because as we have been doing in the past, and it has been working out very well, we will share the judging duty's. Click the image to open in full size.
1st--- you will time and call out penalty's for the person before you. This will give you an opportunity to see the course before you run.
2nd--- you run the course.
3rd--- you will score for the person behind you. I would encourage anyone not comfortable with the rules to ask for help! I would also like to see everyone take the judges test HERE.

Fees:
-MN State Park parking permits are required, but are available at the park for either a daily pass for $5 or a year pass for $25 (good at any MN state park). Season passes can be purchased ahead at places like REI
-Also there is a club fee of $3 per comp or $30 for the series. Females and young kids run for free. Ask for Kevin (nicklepimp)

Directions:(map)
From the South: Take I-35 north. Take the Taylors Falls Exit, Hwy 8 East. Follow 8 approximately 22 miles. The entrance to the park office is located on the right hand side of the road at the only stop light in Taylors Falls. Stay to the right as you enter the parking lot.

From the North: Take I-35 south. Take the North Branch Exit, Hwy 95 East. Drive approximately 22 miles, passing through downtown Taylors Falls. At the stop light (intersecting hwy 8 ) continue straight. Stay to the right as you enter the parking lot.

From the East: Take Hwy 8 west into Minnesota. After crossing the St Croix River, turn left at the first stop light. Stay to the right as you enter the parking lot.

If there are some new people that haven't been to an event yet, just look for all the middle aged kids playing with toy trucks!

(Sandwich board signs coming soon....)

AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Richmond
americinn.com
1020 S Knowles Ave
New Richmond, WI
(715) 246-3993

Riverfront Inn
814 N Knowles Ave
New Richmond, WI
(715) 246-4606

Super 8 New Richmond
1561 Dorset Ln
New Richmond, WI
(715) 246-7829

Dalles House Motel
726 S Vincent St
St Croix Falls, WI 54024
Phone:(715) 483-3206

River Valley Inn & Suites
1030 N Cascade St
Osceola, WI 54020
Phone:(715) 294-4060
Attached Images

Last edited by nerby149; 07-31-2015 at 09:25 AM.
nerby149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2015, 03:58 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: ***mnrcrc border battle***saturday august 15th

Official Sign up List.
Post below and I'll add you. I'll also be going around to the other posts in other states to add to this list.

For those of you wondering about the class rules. Here you go.
2015 MNRCRC Rules/Schedule Meeting Notes

2.2 Pro
Dana - dna4engr - Mn
Adam - nerby149 - Wi
Super - Wi
Greg - gndcampion - Mn
Brawley - Mn
Barry - barrybelvedere - Mn
Toby - Cmdrzod - Mn
Kevin - Captainmorgan - Mn
-
-

2.2 Trail
Dana- dna4engr - MN
Adam - nerby149 - Wi
Derek - superdrty - Mn
Greg - gndcampion - Mn
Brawley - Mn
Trentin - lilzod - Mn
-
-

1.9 Trail
Dana- dna4engr - MN
Adam - nerby149 - Wi
Derek - superdrty - Wi
Greg - gndcampion - Mn
Brawley - Mn
-
-

Last edited by dna4engr; 07-25-2015 at 07:22 AM.
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I'll be at work. lame.
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:48 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I'm in

Pro 2.2 possibly 1.9 trail

Last edited by Super; 07-24-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:52 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'm in for 1.9 and 2.2 trail classes, as usual. I'll have the new 1.9 truck going soon, and it'll make it's debut at this comp.

Derek
SuperDrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:25 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Greg and Brawley 1.9 - 2.2 - Pro
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:07 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Adam,
Please take this pic and add it to the OP. You can save as on the pic from a desktop pc. Then I'll delete this post.

Dana
Attached Images

dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:31 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I will be there. All classes reppin MN

Also I will be donating a bunch of Carbon goodies and a few t-shirts.
barrybelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:41 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

It's great having this event back on the schedule the Border Battle has always produced outside the club participation surprises. That being said with even a 90% club show up it might be a good idea to pack extra sandwiches it could be a very long day.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:47 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd44 View Post
I'll be at work. lame.
Mitch your the "Boss" give yourself the day off you don't want to miss this one?
Old 07-25-2015, 04:55 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super View Post
I'm in

Pro 2.2 possibly 1.9 trail
Great news Super it will be good seeing you again. Are you planning on dragging any of the others rascals with you or is this a solo big guy?
Old 07-25-2015, 05:42 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I guess you can count me in for 2.2pro... And Trentin as a maybe in 2.2trail

Sent from the land of sky blue waters.
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:45 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Add me for 2.2 Pro, 2.2 Trail and1.9 Trail.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
captainmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Great news Super it will be good seeing you again. Are you planning on dragging any of the others rascals with you or is this a solo big guy?
I've been wanting to get back, we had a blast the last time we were there. Unfortunately it will be a solo run, everyone else gave up. The club kind of deteriorated.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:09 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super View Post
I've been wanting to get back, we had a blast the last time we were there. Unfortunately it will be a solo run, everyone else gave up. The club kind of deteriorated.
Oh no Super your the last survivor thats a down right shame you had such a great group going. But I'm really glad your coming to the battle it will be great to see you again. Let me know if theres anything I can help with.

Norm
Old 07-26-2015, 01:02 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

This has nothing to do with the comp but...My grand am was vandalized tonight in my driveway at home when i went to the fireworks tonight in Minneapolis. Both side mirrors were kicked right off, there was a potted plant busted on the trunk lid, fender scratched up snag on the windshield. customer cars damaged also. things stolen. as soon as i got home i knew who did it! He knew we weren't home because my stupid ass GF posted on facebook our location and he took advantage of it. I went to his house and the hood of his car was still hot. He is the only person with a vendetta against me. To say the least I am pissed of to no end. And I know who did it!!! My GF's EX. Police was called he said he cant really do anything unless he confesses. The cop swabbed the snag off the windshield and put it in a bag. I totaled up all the damage....$1,054.00 If the police can't take care of it I will. Dont EVER post up where you are and what you are doing on lamebook people will use it against you! PHUCK!!!!!Do I gotta break some ones neck? Yeah i think so! This is going to get ugly:evi l: :e vil:

Last edited by barrybelvedere; 07-26-2015 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:25 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybelvedere View Post
This has nothing to do with the comp but...My grand am was vandalized tonight in my driveway at home when i went to the fireworks tonight in Minneapolis. Both side mirrors were kicked right off, there was a potted plant busted on the trunk lid, fender scratched up snag on the windshield. customer cars damaged also. things stolen. as soon as i got home i knew who did it! He knew we weren't home because my stupid ass GF posted on facebook our location and he took advantage of it. I went to his house and the hood of his car was still hot. He is the only person with a vendetta against me. To say the least I am pissed of to no end. And I know who did it!!! My GF's EX. Police was called he said he cant really do anything unless he confesses. The cop swabbed the snag off the windshield and put it in a bag. I totaled up all the damage....$1,054.00 If the police can't take care of it I will. Dont EVER post up where you are and what you are doing on lamebook people will use it against you! PHUCK!!!!!Do I gotta break some ones neck? Yeah i think so! This is going to get ugly:evi l: :e vil:
That sucks, no doubt, BUT...
Don't just go off on the dude, it will backfire on ya. Plan your revenge carefully !
Orange58Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:22 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybelvedere View Post
Nice welcome to "Minnesota Nice" what a lame senseless act? Phil is right to suggest caution you can only make things worse for yourself. Unfortunately you don't have any proof it was the EX only suspicion so any retaliation probably won't end well.

I hear you about Facebook it can be an invasion of privacy and a person should be very careful about how they use it.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your property Barry.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:36 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I am 100% sure who it was. Minnesota nice is bull. The drivers in this state are retarded, they drive slow in the fast lane and dont move over when someone is stuck behind them. and if you pass them on the right...they look at you like YOU did something wrong. and they flip you off for flashing high beams to get em to out their phone downand move the phuck out of the fast lane. Its a law to move out if the fast lane if they are going slower than the slow lane. Its plain lazyness and stupidity and lack of caring. It pisses me off every day. btw i found all of the items that were broke off the cars in the swamp this morning. they have finger prints.

Last edited by barrybelvedere; 07-27-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Yeah theres no such thing as Minnesota Nice anymore if it ever existed especially on the freeways. Its a fast growing metropolitan area with huge traffic issues and lots of frustrated drivers thats fotr sure. Finger prints will work have you notified the police regarding the parts you found?

***mnrcrc border battle***saturday august 16th - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***mnrcrc border battle***saturday august 15th nerby149 North Dakota 1 07-24-2015 04:35 PM
***mnrcrc border battle***saturday august 15th nerby149 South Dakota 1 07-24-2015 04:34 PM
***mnrcrc border battle***saturday august 15th nerby149 Wisconsin 1 07-24-2015 04:34 PM
***mnrcrc border battle***saturday august 15th nerby149 Iowa 1 07-24-2015 04:34 PM
MNRCRC Battle at the Border Invite tjb Wisconsin 10 08-20-2009 04:28 PM