Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: MNRCRC Comp #6 results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2015, 06:06 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default MNRCRC Comp #6 results

Man it sure was hot today. The courses were tough and the heat was tougher. Thanks to everyone who made it out.

Here are the scores

I was lucky enough to pull out the 2.2 Pro Win. Barry bounced back in the 2.2 trail class with the win. Greg showed how consistent that Jeep has been all year with another win in 1.9 trail.
The scores were really close. Great runs today guys
The points championship is turning into a runaway in 1.9 and 2.2 trail. However there is a big bottle neck up at the top in 2.2 pro. The next 2 comps will decide a champion.
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: MNRCRC Comp #6 results

Wow, no one with a negative score on either course in 2.2 trial, I don't feel so bad now, haha. 5th in 2.2, and 2nd in 1.9! Not bad for 2 new rigs
SuperDrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks again Dana for doing scores and helping with the set up!
Now... I'd like to see the pictures of my rig and the kick ass move I made on course 1 gate 2

Sent from the land of sky blue waters.

Last edited by CmdrZod; 08-16-2015 at 06:26 PM.
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:21 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
However there is a big bottle neck up at the top in 2.2 pro. The next 2 comps will decide a champion.

You ain't kiddin'! And not a single one of us has a throw-out either!

Our standings workbook is setup for a finals course, as we've held them in the past (just for the top 3 of each class). I don't remember if we discussed it at the meeting. Thoughts.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
You ain't kiddin'! And not a single one of us has a throw-out either!

Our standings workbook is setup for a finals course, as we've held them in the past (just for the top 3 of each class). I don't remember if we discussed it at the meeting. Thoughts.
Great, another way that i can lose to Barry

Seriously though, I'd be cool with a finals course at comp 8. For all intents and purposes we would know the top 3 after comp 7 and comp 8 just might shuffle things around for the top 3. Can we enter scores live at the event to finalize the champion?
Old 08-16-2015, 08:20 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Yeah as long as we have data coverage, we can update the standings on the spot.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Great, another way that i can lose to Barry

Seriously though, I'd be cool with a finals course at comp 8. For all intents and purposes we would know the top 3 after comp 7 and comp 8 just might shuffle things around for the top 3. Can we enter scores live at the event to finalize the champion?
I'm down for a finals course
Quote:
Man it sure was hot today. The courses were tough and the heat was tougher. Thanks to everyone who made it out.

Here are the scores

I was lucky enough to pull out the 2.2 Pro Win. Barry bounced back in the 2.2 trail class with the win. Greg showed how consistent that Jeep has been all year with another win in 1.9 trail.
The scores were really close. Great runs today guys
The points championship is turning into a runaway in 1.9 and 2.2 trail. However there is a big bottle neck up at the top in 2.2 pro. The next 2 comps will decide a champion.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
gndcampion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #8
RCC Addict

LOVE the avatar Pimp!
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Old 08-17-2015, 05:01 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

When ever we comp that hill its a bitch the rock formation and loose dirt makes for a tough day and it never changes. The heat would have been much worse if not for the cloud cover we totally lucked out

Our newest members saw their toughest courses yesterday I hope they weren't discouraged? I realize we have three Championship titles to be decided and its been an inspiring season. We also have a made a commitment to club growth. I'd hate to think that extremely difficult Championship style courses have had a negative effect on our newest members late in the season?

We're fortunate to have a growing club its been the single most important thing that has happened this year. The growth was bolstered also by many new 2014 members returning. I remind you this is a time when many "Comp Style" clubs are colapsing all together. I would encourage all "course builders" to consider our newest membership as well when setting up our future courses. When the top competitors aren't finishing the courses imagine how discouraging it is for our newest members just getting started?

It's very important that this season with all its new features finish well for everyone involved. Its been the best year we've seen since 2006 no question. I have a feeling the guys at the top of the points pack will be back next season for sure. Right now I'd be more concerned for our newest competitors as a strong future really depends on them and growth.

The best overall performances always wins and thats just how it works. I'll argue its more important that the club wins. Unfortunately it won't be clear until the first Comp in the Spring of 2016 that our 2015 season can be qualified totally successful or not.

Last edited by Stormin2u; 08-17-2015 at 05:29 AM.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:23 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I was wondering if Chris K's score sheet for pro was lost? He never drove a pro rig before an got the best score on one of the courses. It was a -9! But what was his score for the other course? and why isn't he on the score card?
barrybelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:34 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybelvedere View Post
I was wondering if Chris K's score sheet for pro was lost? He never drove a pro rig before an got the best score on one of the courses. It was a -9! But what was his score for the other course? and why isn't he on the score card?
His score is in there. He had -9 and +22. He is the 70th entry in our membership so he is at the very bottom of the sheet on comp 6. I put his scores in Chris (lostboysinc). I'm guessing now that these are not the same person.

I have another score sheet for him that is unmarked in the class and only has 1 course scored on it. Any idea what happened there?
Old 08-17-2015, 10:47 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
His score is in there. He had -9 and +22. He is the 70th entry in our membership so he is at the very bottom of the sheet on comp 6. I put his scores in Chris (lostboysinc). I'm guessing now that these are not the same person.

I have another score sheet for him that is unmarked in the class and only has 1 course scored on it. Any idea what happened there?

I remember those days. Thanks again for helping with the scoring this year Dana!
Old 08-17-2015, 10:57 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Chris diddn't get to run his 2nd course because the gates got picked up before he got to it. But its fine he likes the pro class better any way.
barrybelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:03 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
I remember those days. Thanks again for helping with the scoring this year Dana!
I'll second that Pimpster.... Dana has given MNRCRC business his best professional efforts and has made the MNRCRC a very organized and extremely well informed club. He gets the MNRCRC information out early and often on all Comps and scale events and then posts same day results. His work is tireless in keeping things running smoothly and tight. His scoring report is always submitted by the end of the day which adds to the Comp day's excitement and momentum. Not mentioning that he is a very busy person with a demanding high stress job and yet he always manages to find the time to execute the MNRCRC's Comp G6 and U4 business.

Thank you Dana for all you do to make the MNRCRC successful ....
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:53 AM   #16

Sorry I didn't make it on Sunday, I spent over 20 hours standing in the heat on Fr and Sa and just couldn't get myself to do it again on my day off. Hopefully this week!
Orange58Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Default MNRCRC Comp #6 results

Looks like it was a great turn out. Sadly my family kept me from taking out the yeti and running with you guys (they wanted to hike all over Taylor falls)... But the courses looked killer!
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote

MNRCRC Comp #6 results - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MNRCRC Comp #5 Results dna4engr Minnesota 11 08-15-2015 07:17 PM
MNRCRC comp #3 results and pics wild bill Minnesota 5 06-02-2013 09:22 PM
2011 MNRCRC Spring Comp 4 Pics & Results 6/5/11 **Results & Standings pg 2** Nicklepimp Minnesota 43 06-11-2011 07:23 PM
MNRCRC comp 6 pics and results Etype R Minnesota 48 07-23-2010 04:46 PM
MNRCRC comp #6 Results and pictures Etype R Competitions 17 09-12-2006 03:19 PM