Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: 2016 MNRCRC Vehicle Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 2016 MNRCRC Vehicle Rules

I'm legal in 1.9

I don't care what the rules are, I'll adjust my rigs to be competitive within those rule sets. I tried to keep my rigs inexpensive, which means no fancy brass parts or weights, and they hold their own out there, I just need to improve my driving.

just my 2 cents

-Derek
SuperDrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2016, 07:46 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

That thing looks badass, love the stance your a talented builder brass parts or not and you have great taste in Drift Cars..
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:12 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

"The goal was to avoid experienced members from making rigs that were solely performance based"

I must have missed something? Personally, I'm not very motivated to "not build" the best rigs I can in every class?

When you first get into flying and arrive at the club field for the first time and get discouraged because those who've paid their dues can fly better than you, your missing the whole point of a club.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:49 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

I vote for rear steering on 1.9 so I can add knuckle weights on them also
KCCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

"Besides the fact that there may only be one or two people that are knowingly cheating"

With in the simple 2014-15 rules I don't think it was even possible to cheat? I do however believe some my have mistaken design creativity for cheating.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:17 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
"Besides the fact that there may only be one or two people that are knowingly cheating"

With in the simple 2014-15 rules I don't think it was even possible to cheat? I do however believe some my have mistaken design creativity for cheating.
That was my point, having more rules to prevent cheating is ok, but if there were people cheating (which i don't think anyone was), they obviously didn't have a significant advantage, as the best drivers won. Also the fact that if someone was going way out of the scope of the class we would inform them of there mistake.

obviously the simple rules from last year worked well and brought in a lot of new people because they didn't have to worry if there truck would fit so they could compete for points.
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:40 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

I haven't been around for a few years. But I will add my .02 to many rules kill all the fun. The club lost several members because of it in the past. And I know that ur about to lose another cause of new rules.

In the end it is grown men (or women) playing with toy trucks. It's a game it's meant to be fun. Slapping everyone's hand and saying no you can't do that is going to kill the fun in it. Those that will win, will win. The idea of making it fair for everyone is impossible. Cause anything stock unless your a good driver isn't going to fair well. Run what you bring is the way it should be.

This you have brass weights or you don't have a bumper bs is seriously bs.
This crap is what killed comp crawling for me. And it's gonna kill scale too if your not careful.

Rules are fine. I understand the point of them. But certain things being nit picked about is going to make a lot of sandy people. And it will cut your attendance down. This isn't national level crap here guys. If a person wants to compete at that level great. Set your stuff up for that and then run it. Let others be creative and free with what they build and drive.

In my opinion all the good things I heard about attendance up and fun classes, which is what made me decide to come back, is about to spiral downward and history will repeat itself again.

I have been on top of the points standings, and I have been on the bottom. It don't matter. Having fun and hanging out is the point of this. Don't ruin what has started to be a good thing.

That's pretty much all I have to say.
I'll see you guys at least a few times this summer regardless of the "rules" and if my crap don't qualify I'll just drive around and hang with Norm
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:40 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=minnesotamudder;5417091] there may only be one or two people that are knowingly cheating

OK, ok....., I know I ran "cheater" tires last year................. !

Burdened by guilt I will turn in my trophy
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:02 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by irok22s View Post
I haven't been around for a few years. But I will add my .02 to many rules kill all the fun. The club lost several members because of it in the past. And I know that ur about to lose another cause of new rules.

That's pretty much all I have to say.
I'll see you guys at least a few times this summer regardless of the "rules" and if my crap don't qualify I'll just drive around and hang with Norm
I'm sorry this is the hot button subject on the MN forum as you are getting back into the hobby. We definitely don't want to have anyone leave because a bunch of "men" can't agree on stupid rules for toy trucks. Hopefully we resolve this shortly.

This years meeting was exhausting and although many things were clear there were subjects that were definitely borderline.
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:17 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Rules were implemented. That's enough for me to leave.
Most of my parts were sold as of today do there's no going back.
Good luck with this season.

You will find me in a parking lot with a smile on my face and a drift car at my feet.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

I'm going to clarify one thing for everyone who's been posting. There is one core aspect of this club that these "rules" do not change.

We will not turn someone away from the competition just because they have a rig that doesn't fit the "rules". We ran Summits, Yeti XL's, etc last year. Everyone who comes to a comp gets to run and if there is a serious issue with the rig, we address it with the club, we don't "require" someone to change.

Since there was such a clusterfu@# around knuckle weights at the winter meeting and it's pretty obvious we won't be able to solve it by posting in a forum, I deleted the poll and we'll just see what everyone shows up with this spring. But like I said yesterday, I really don't give a fu@#, I'll beat you anyway

At this point I'm sick of it and I don't care what anyone uses. It's not my decision to make, but I'm not going to make a stink if someone uses them this year. Just don't be surprised when we call you a cheater

The frame rail and bumper discussion for 1.9 trail is closed in my opinion. It was a vast majority at the meeting, if not 100% that voted in favor of frame rails of some type required. And a strong majority that voted for front bumpers.

Remember what I said above...No one will be turned away from running. This is for fun, but there has to be some rules. I'd encourage everyone to read the rules again. If you think this is restrictive, don't waste your time trying to get SORRCA class 2 legal, it'll make you go batty.

Dana

Last edited by dna4engr; 01-07-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #32
RCC Addict

SORRCA has no place in this discussion. We got rid of that bullshit and had a couple great years!
Old 01-07-2016, 01:48 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
I'm going to clarify one thing for everyone who's been posting. There is one core aspect of this club that these "rules" do not change.

We will not turn someone away from the competition just because they have a rig that doesn't fit the "rules". We ran Summits, Yeti XL's, etc last year. Everyone who comes to a comp gets to run and if there is a serious issue with the rig, we address it with the club, we don't "require" someone to change.
So basically the rules do change, this is what we had last year and it worked great.
1.9 Trail Class:
No MOA - Must be shaft Driven - Only 1 Transmission
No Dig or Rear steer
Must have 1 Solid Axle
1.9 Scale Tire
Axle quantity not limited to 2
Non-Traditional Model Exceptions Allowed:
1.9 modded AX10 Deadbolt/Ridgcrest/Wraith
1.9 modded Wheely/Crawler King
Tamiya CC01/CR01
Vaterra Twin Hammers

2.2 Trail Class:
No MOA - Must be shaft Driven - Only 1 Transmission
No Dig or Rear steer
Must have 1 Solid Axle
Scale 2.2 Tires - Excluding (Any Pin tire, HB Sedona/Rover, any cut-n-shut)
Axle quantity not limited to 2
Tube frame and ladder frame chassis allowed
Model Exceptions Allowed (must have scale appearance, body or panels):
AX10 Deadbolt/Ridgcrest/Wraith
Wheely/Crawler King
Yeti

2.2 Pro:
No Changes to 2.2 Pro MOA Rigs
2.2 Sportsman "Comp" rigs will run in 2.2 Pro with MOA (Dig is Allowed)

We had a lot of new people because of this run what ya brought attitude.

We have tried before to slowly increase rules, and have ended up losing people and then going back to the simple less is more attitude that brings in large numbers of people.

So if you are saying we are going to ignore these new rules anyway, why even add them?

It definitely isn't an advantage to have a full tube chassis as a 1.9, i would argue that a box stock rig with a few upgrades will do better then most of what people build.

The fact that SORRCA was even mentioned should show what we are heading towards if we don't just keep it simple like last year.
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Rules have been updated at the top of the sheet. Frame rails and bumpers are still in for 1.9. No other changes at this time other than looking the other way on knuckle weights....likely removing that all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2016, 02:01 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

And this is why I won't be competing in anything other than 2.2pro... The rules are set... PERIOD.

Sent from the land of sky blue waters.
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #36
"GOD SPEED"

Sounds like a bunch of babies on here, crying to get there way, I don't give 2 shiats about what is decided, some rules are here to make the competition fair and I think that's all that was trying to be done, enough said

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
nerby149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #37

If you made your trucks better it wouldn't matter what weights you are running

Tybo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:20 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Default 2016 MNRCRC Vehicle Rules

Rules updated in OP ^^^^^^^^^

;)

Old 01-07-2016, 02:32 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
Rules were implemented. That's enough for me to leave.
Most of my parts were sold as of today do there's no going back.
Good luck with this season.

You will find me in a parking lot with a smile on my face and a drift car at my feet.
This makes me very sad.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:58 PM   #40
RCC Addict

**** SORRCA
People wanting it "fair" can suck a fat one.
Tubers for life.

2016 MNRCRC Vehicle Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MNRCRC Winter Rules Meeting Time, Date, and Location dna4engr Minnesota 17 12-07-2015 01:26 PM
MNRCRC 2016 Rules Discussion Thread dna4engr Minnesota 66 11-09-2015 09:50 PM
2015 MNRCRC Rules/Schedule Meeting Notes dna4engr Minnesota 29 04-16-2015 10:22 PM
Competion Rules: Vehicle Requirments Fishmaxx Competitions 31 10-02-2004 05:16 PM