Notices

Thread: ~~ MNRCRC 2016 Scale Event #3 G6 at Banning State Park - Aug 28th~~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2016, 07:31 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default ~~ MNRCRC 2016 Scale Event #3 G6 at Banning State Park - Aug 28th~~

Date: Sunday Aug 28th, 2016
Time: Setup starts around 10:30 AM, G6 starts at 11:00AM

What: G6 trail competition. We run rain or shine so if the weather looks like it might rain, bring some good boots/shoes and a jacket along with a plastic bag to cover your radio. The course is wooded, but rain will still get through.

EVENTS:

1. Pre-run Trail run on the G6 course - Pick your rig (1.9 or 2.2) and we will pre-run the course as a group (you know, like a real 1:1 trail run). This will allow us to familiarize with the course and any unique obstacles. Help everyone make the obstacles, etc
  2. Timed G6 - Team up with another driver and run the course for time. All rules below apply (winching, hand winch, penalties, etc). You will run in a team of 2 and can run either 1.9 or 2.2. Team members don't have to have the same size rig. Penalties for hitting gates and hand winching.

Be sure to check back often to see the changes and revisions.

G6 RULES
Classes: 1.9 and 2.2 Rigs

• The G6 format is great as it caters to almost any rig running 2.2 and 1.9 tires. Wraith, Yeti, SCX10, Gmade R1, TF2, Sawback, AX10, Losi, 6x6, etc... (If you want to bring out your Yeti XL or Summit, no worries, run the course with all the smaller rigs, times will be unofficial though)
  • A tow strap is mandatory on all vehicles. A tow strap may be used to assist or recover other drivers on stage. (youtube RC tow strap, super easy to make)
  • Each person or group if you run with a few people should have your own stop watch to keep track of your time.
  • For the timed event, the best time (after penalties) = the winner.
  • Bring several batteries, the courses can take 45min to 1 hour.
  • Waterproofing is not necessary but it is highly recommended. We will try to keep water areas half tire or so high, but if it rains that could change.
  • All classes are allowed to use dig and 4 wheel steering on their scalers if they choose.
Rule #1 – NO HAND OF GOD. (HOG) A RECON G6 is all about driving. In keeping with the essence of the r/c scale scene a driver may not assist, stop, catch, or kick his/her vehicle. There are no penalties for electric winching or using your tow strap with help from another competitor or for reverses, so DRIVE SMART! The penalty is a DQ for HOGging your scale vehicle. Performing on course repairs or having to touch your vehicle for recovery purposes is not hogging. Picking your vehicle up out of water, mud, sand, or rolling it over onto its wheels with your hand is all examples of hogging your vehicle, thus resulting in a disqualification (rule can be bent in situations of safety or catastrophic damage)
Rule #2 – A stage is directional and a driver must maintain the intended direction of travel. Reversing through the trail marker in the intended direction is ok. Don't miss any trail markers!!
Rule #3 – HAVE FUN!

Penalties
Trail Markers [+30 sec] –A driver may not straddle or drive over a trail marker. A driver must get all 4 tires through the trail marker. If a driver dislodges a trail marker or steps on a trail marker, that driver is responsible for putting that trail marker back in to position. All trail markers must be traveled through. Any trail marker hit will result in 30sec penalty added to the total time

Penalty Winch [+1 min] In the case that there is not a competitor there to help you with a pull strap, or you do not have a working electric winch, then you may employ the penalty winch. The penalty winch is a scale tow strap, lanyard, or winch line that you would operate with your hand acting as another vehicle to extract your stuck rig. The idea is to act as though your hand is another vehicle and pull the stuck or rolled over vehicle out of its situation in a “scale manner”. It is always best to use an onboard working electric winch, or use a tow strap with the assistance from another competitor. Use of either of these methods does not result in a penalty. Once a penalty winch (self used tow strap) is employed, it will be necessary remember how many times you had to use it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K4D9fHcwPE0

G6 works on the honor system. All Drivers will be on stage, driving at the same time. We are out here to have FUN and have it be like a 1:1 trail ride. You are timing yourselves and you need to try and remember how many gates you hit or penalty (hand) winch occurrences you had. No one is policing it, just do your best.

On Course Etiquette - Some folks will be trying for the best time and many will be just out to crawl on some truly awesome terrain. There will be open areas to pass. However some tough obstacles will be a bottle neck (just like in 1:1). Don't be a d!ck and drive over people or tell them to get out of the way. Use your rig to help them get through a tough obstacle and then once you get to a clearing...pass them

Looking forward to another great event. It's worth the drive for an amazing day of RC and having fun

Last edited by dna4engr; 08-19-2016 at 07:39 AM.
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2016, 11:35 AM   #2

Default Re: ~~ MNRCRC 2016 Scale Event #3 G6 at Banning State Park - Aug 28th~~

Very new ,haven't attended any events yet but just wondering how a mostly stock Ascender would fair on something like this ?

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
nickunger2784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:49 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickunger2784 View Post
Very new ,haven't attended any events yet but just wondering how a mostly stock Ascender would fair on something like this ?

A stock ascender will do just fine here. It's more of a trail event so it'll be perfect. Plus there's plenty of us who will be able to help if you struggle with any obstacles.

Dana
Old 08-20-2016, 07:50 PM   #4
"GOD SPEED"

These are team event's, so whoever you partner up with can also help you out and courses are generally really user friendly, a stock ascender would do just fine. Looking forward to meeting you. We have a great group of guys.

"GOD SPEED"
nerby149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:55 PM   #5

Yeah I have had a lot of time to practice,never on a course but just freestyle . I'm gonna try to attend the next event , looking forward to seeing all the great rigs.

Last edited by THX_138; 08-27-2016 at 07:51 AM.
nickunger2784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:04 PM   #6

Hello, new to the hobby but always looking for fun stuff to do with my Twin Hammers. Just have to mount up a tow strap and something to possibly tow people with.
Ryan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:21 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I am out for this one guys. One of the guys in my office is being deployed to Afghanistan, and we are hosting a BBQ in his honor that day.
Have fun... One of these events I will make it to.... I swear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:30 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

A twin hammers will do great! They strive on a g6 course. I absolutely love mine.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:37 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Looking forward to heading up to Banning and looking forward to a good turn out.
Bry73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #10

Not sure how my Twin Hammers will do, put a castle SV3 with the 3800 in it. It is fast and does wheelies but I expect that is not really the point of a g6 run In low gear I think it does alright does not cog badly and I can make it over a lot of the stuff at Hub's little course. That damn bridge I can get onto it but do not have the traction out front to get off.
Ryan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Looking forward to finally getting my finished bomber out on some proper terrain. My JEC racing rear upper links and Twin Hammers length trailing arms arrive Thursday.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:16 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I'm in for this one, my 1.9'er is finally going to get some action. Not sure if I should bring along the Yeti or the Wraith as the back-up. Yeti has been having a bad run at braking down.
Boopernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:01 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

You should probably bring all three.

I on the other hand, am out. Lindsay is past her due date for babe #2. Good luck to all the guys going.

Last edited by diesel kawboy; 08-25-2016 at 04:05 PM.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:51 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Yeah can't go with out the Wraith, it was my first crawler. And Dig is allowed at this event. But I might need to borrow some storage space cause the wife is dropping me off to play and then heading to Carlton to visit her Mom. So all three are coming along. Plus the Yeti will have Drag brake set and 1,000,000 wt diff fluid up front.
Boopernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:12 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Fresh bomber is ready for this one

Old 08-26-2016, 07:00 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Do we have to have hooks on our tow strap, or just looped ends?
Old 08-26-2016, 07:05 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by theTman View Post
Do we have to have hooks on our tow strap, or just looped ends?

Hooks would be helpful. Makes it a lot easier to connect to another rig.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:08 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
Hooks would be helpful. Makes it a lot easier to connect to another rig.

Okay. I have a flat shoe lace and heat shrink tubing. Now I need to figure out what to make a hook out of.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:09 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Some s hooks from the hardware store work great. Then just crimp one end.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:24 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel kawboy View Post

I on the other hand, am out. Lindsay is past her due date for babe #2.
Maybe this'll help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD9pdzKwstQ
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote

~~ MNRCRC 2016 Scale Event #3 G6 at Banning State Park - Aug 28th~~ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MNRCRC 2014 Scaler Event #1 - Banning State Park - 6/14/14 Nicklepimp Minnesota 26 06-16-2014 06:23 PM
MNRCRC scale GTG at Banning state park CmdrZod Minnesota 15 07-15-2013 10:43 PM
Scaler Event #2 Banning State Park June 24th Nicklepimp Minnesota 29 07-03-2012 06:11 PM
Palmer Park Event Aug 28th lwb Sami Colorado 29 08-29-2011 11:20 AM
~~ MNRCRC Comp #4 Banning State Park ~~. Stormin2u Minnesota 17 05-21-2011 12:37 PM