Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: 2017 MNRCRC Rules - Competition and Vehicle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2016, 12:16 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 2017 MNRCRC Rules - Competition and Vehicle

Everyone,
We had a productive meeting yesterday. Some interesting changes for 2017 but overall things are pretty similar to last year. Just opening the door for more innovation and people.

Comp Series
· Season fee – $30 for season, or $5 per comp. Last day to buy in for EOY banquet is comp 6. Run all classes for 1 fee. Women and children are free.
· Number of comps = 8

· Scale Class rules:
  • In order to level the playing field, especially for novice drivers or less modified rigs, we will ease up on course design in the trail classes (Barry can only set up pro and sporty lol). Yes this is subjective, however we are going to try and see if this helps. Course designs that are technical and realistic for stock or slightly modified trucks. Bonus gates will still be very very challenging.
  • Overall Scale Rules (see exceptions in “fun run” below)
    • NO MOA – must be shaft driven – only 1 transmission
    • Axle quantity not limited to 2 axles (6x6 and 8x8 welcome)
    • Driver can only run a rig in 1 of the 2 classes. If you brought two sizes of tires, chose a class and run in it.
    • You must finish the day in the rig you started on the first course. If your rig is not repairable, at least try to start a course rather than DNS.
    • NO electronics on axles or suspension links, except the servo. This includes batteries (stock vaterra Ascender is an exception)
    • Winches will be allowed to use in 2017. This does not mean you need to buy and install a winch. You can use your own on the rig (if you have one) or use the “recovery” winch (we will be building for the club) which can be used by the driver to get over a difficult obstacle. For example, if you have a difficult obstacle, use the recovery winch to get over the obstacle. Time continues to run the whole time, so use this to your strategic advantage.
      • Using a winch installed on your vehicle is a +3 penalty each time you use it.
      • Using the “recovery” winch is a +5 penalty each time you use it
    • Scale point out this season will be 60 points instead of 40. This is to facilitate more drivers being able to make it to the end of the course. Scale classes only
  • 1.9 Scale Rig rules
    • Weighted Knuckles (dlux, TSS) - Yes
    • Knuckle weights – No
    • Weighted wheels/tires and rotating brake discs/drums - Yes
    • 1.9 scale tires – Siping, trimming, shaving allowed. No Cut-and-shut
    • Scale body (plastic, wood, or metal) that is at least as long as the wheelbase
    • Ladder frame chassis that extends over both axles by at least 3” total (combination of front and back)
    • Front bumper required. Must be mechanically attached to chassis (or part of tube chassis). Must extend outside the frame rails.
    • New - OEM chassis like twin hammers, CC01, CR01, wraith or Bomber with 1.9 tires are allowed. (At least one solid axle)
    • New - Sliders required out to the bottom of the body doors(exceptions: OEM cage or tub designs - do not heavily modify and remove these please). The scx10 II side plates are sufficient.
  • 2.2 Scale Rig rules
    • Knuckle weights and weighted knuckles – Yes
    • Ladder frame or tube chassis (OEM or custom) - at least as long as the wheelbase
    • 2.2 scale tires - Siping, trimming, shaving allowed. Cut and shut allowed if using scale tires
    • New - Front bumper required. Mechanically attached to chassis (bolt/weld/braze) and as wide as the chassis rails at the front (incorporate or add somehow to tube chassis designs)
    • New - Gmade R1 chassis allowed again
    • New – 4WS allowed on rigs over 8lbs. +5 penalty for first usage on course, use on remainder of course without penalty. If equipped but unused, no penalty assessed
- Comp Class Rules
  • 2.2 Pro - No Changes from 2016
  • 2.2 Sporty - USRCCA rules for sportsman/shafty rigs)

· Class Additions
  • Sporty Class – there is approximately 5-6 rigs expected. Will run after the pro class, depending on attendance.
  • New/Beginner Class –– Fun Run” category
    • For new people who want to try out comping but may be intimidated by the rigs in the normal classes. Truly in the run what ya brung category
    • Run on the 1.9 course regardless of the vehicle you have (1.9, 2.2, moa, etc)
    • Entry is Free, better drivers who come regularly will be encouraged to move up into comp classes.
  • Running order – No changes

Scaler Events
- Number of events - TBD

- MN State Scale battle (independent of the point series)
  • Focus on MN drivers and opportunity to cross over with the facebook group in a competition style event
  • Full SORRCA Rules Scale competition with Class 2 and Class 3.
  • Scale points tabulated and factored into final results
  • More details to come
- U4 Racing – There is still interest (bombers, yeti’s, THammers, Short course)
  • Adam volunteered his property to build a course
  • There is also other land that Adam has access to
  • Thompson Dam possibly
- Scale Locations to Investigate
  • Gilbert ORV – would this work
- G6 –only 2 events this year to allow focus on other events
  • Locations and dates - TBD
- Terra X race - Possibly just combine with Don at Hub LC for an event

- TTC events
  • The Fall TTC at Phil's was a great success and one helluva good time
  • We will plan a series for 2017
  • 3-4 events in the year. 1 will be a dry event (no mud/water courses)
  • Some events will be only 3-4 courses vs. the normal 7
  • More details to come

Thanks to everyone who attended.
Please reply below with questions. The rules are not up for debate in this thread. However, we encourage questions for clarification.

Last edited by dna4engr; 12-06-2016 at 10:42 AM.
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 2017 MNRCRC Rules - Competition and Vehicle

The new changes look great! I love the ideas about the OEM frames. I'm looking forward to rebuilding some of my now legal trucks back to glory. It was great to see everyone again. I left at a great time because 5 min after I left, my crawler had a huge meltdown in the truck. Great change's the format, guys!

I vote yes!

Last edited by diesel kawboy; 12-05-2016 at 02:29 PM.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #3

Great Changes guys!

Earned my $30 and I'll have one for sure and maybe two kid entries depending on how quickly my daughter can pick it up. I think you guys just opened alot of doors.
colombiapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:09 PM   #4
"GOD SPEED"

Quote:
Originally Posted by colombiapunk View Post
Great Changes guys!

Earned my $30 and I'll have one for sure and maybe two kid entries depending on how quickly my daughter can pick it up. I think you guys just opened alot of doors.
That was the whole idea for restructuring the scale courses is to allow more people to effectively compete and place well, we are really hoping we get more guys here and hope some decide to try there hand in the sporty or moa sceen. Next season will be a great one. Thanks Dana for getting this together so quickly for people to see and talk about.

"GOD SPEED"
nerby149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:29 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I hope to be more involved this season. I love the idea of more scale trail type courses.
Grated the Bomber I picked up doesn't really qualify for any class... I still look forward to running it and seeing what I can do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
"GOD SPEED"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd44 View Post
I hope to be more involved this season. I love the idea of more scale trail type courses.
Grated the Bomber I picked up doesn't really qualify for any class... I still look forward to running it and seeing what I can do with it.

it will fit just fine in the 2.2 class, if set up well they work really good

"GOD SPEED"
Old 12-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Default 2017 MNRCRC Rules - Competition and Vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerby149 View Post
it will fit just fine in the 2.2 class, if set up well they work really good

"GOD SPEED"

Well right now it's set up in about 40 parts! Looking at what to upgrade first.

Last edited by msd44; 12-07-2016 at 04:59 AM.
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:56 PM   #8
JJB

How many 2.2 pro rigs do you expect? I'm itching to do some crawling this winter, do you guys do anything in the off season or does everyone hibernate?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
JJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:53 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

No time for hibernation, just barely enough time to tear down inspect and install new bearings around here. This Sunday will be a Comp over at Adam Nerby's.

Back onto subject I at-least now have a clearer picture of what my trucks should be this year, Won't do any special bodies till closer to outdoor season so they
don't get road rashed from the winter.
Bry73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #10
JJB

Thanks Bry73. Where can I find the 2.2 pro rules? It says no changes, so I looked at the 2016 rules and it says no changes since 2015, but I can't find 2015. I assume pretty much anything goes, I just want to be sure.

Last edited by JJB; 12-07-2016 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #11
"GOD SPEED"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJB View Post
Thanks Bry73. Where can I find the 2.2 pro rules? It says no changes, so I looked at the 2016 rules and it says no changes since 2015, but I can't find 2015. I assume pretty much anything goes, I just want to be sure.
When you come down on Sunday I can fill you in on all the rules and answer any questions you may have for the upcoming season.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:49 PM   #12
JJB

Perfect. Really looking forward to some crawling and some chit chat on Sunday!
Old 12-08-2016, 10:57 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Sorry that isn't very clear. Basically its the same as USRCCA 2.2 Mod (Pro) rig rules. We had some differentiation to allow Shafty (sporty) rigs to run in our pro class. They could use a mechanical dig to help.

Page 4 of this link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...nfpTTEDKo/edit

Quote:
Perfect. Really looking forward to some crawling and some chit chat on Sunday!
Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday.
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Really sorry i couldn't make it sunday . families been under the weather . Im liking the new changes .

- MN State Scale battle (independent of the point series)
Focus on MN drivers and opportunity to cross over with the facebook group in a competition style event
Full SORRCA Rules Scale competition with Class 2 and Class 3.
Scale points tabulated and factored into final results
More details to come

Our event schedule is just in the works as of now but we have a couple things in the work including a truck pull event , hill drag event , and timed lap g6 style race event like don and i worked on for robins run .. looking into a site in morton mn to hold a multi gate 20+ g6/comp style course as well as our day and super fun NIGHT runs in eden prairie and jordan mn .

Last edited by drjones1981; 12-09-2016 at 10:57 AM.
drjones1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:37 AM   #15

There are runs in Eden Prairie?

I'd love to go to those. Driving far and disappearing for the day is half the reason I haven't been able to make many events.
colombiapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colombiapunk View Post
There are runs in Eden Prairie?

I'd love to go to those. Driving far and disappearing for the day is half the reason I haven't been able to make many events.
Here's the link to my FB group :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/195415420658459/

you can check out the events section for previous event details , we have held several trail , fun run gtg's and hill drag events in eden prairie and jordan MN.
we are a separate group from the MNRCRC but are trying to work with them to incorporate our style of events with there comp and G6 events . looking to be a great crawl/trail season next year. Our only planned event ass of now is to close our season with the Minnesota Jeep Show for Epilepsy held in carver MN .

[IMG]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?
fbid=10154683310864917&set=g.195415420658459&type= 1&theater[/IMG]

here are a couple pic from last years event . Great time for a great cause !!
drjones1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:30 PM   #17

Re. front bumper on 2.2 scale rigs ... does this mean I need to add something to my Wraith to run in this class? Still being pretty new to all this, I will probably run (when I can make an event) in the new/beginner class. Great idea guys!
alank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #18

Did you remove the body width requirement that was listed? As in the body has to cover at least 1/2 of the tires width.

Last edited by Ryan78; 03-28-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Ryan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:00 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
Re. front bumper on 2.2 scale rigs ... does this mean I need to add something to my Wraith to run in this class? Still being pretty new to all this, I will probably run (when I can make an event) in the new/beginner class. Great idea guys!
I believe the stock stinger meets the requirement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan78 View Post
Did you remove the body width requirement that was listed? As in the body has to cover at least 1/2 of the tires width.
I don't remember specifically talking about it, but at the same time we are allowing the Twin Hammers which doesn't cover the tires. Does anyone else recall?
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
I believe the stock stinger meets the requirement.

I don't remember specifically talking about it, but at the same time we are allowing the Twin Hammers which doesn't cover the tires. Does anyone else recall?
No worries, I just thought I had read it as a requirement as recently as last week. Would be an odd one considering the Hammers and Wraiths

Cheers
Ryan78 is offline   Reply With Quote

2017 MNRCRC Rules - Competition and Vehicle - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 rules and next year's scale nats location. ... distinctive pd Scale Comp Rules 2 12-02-2016 04:00 PM
2016 MNRCRC Vehicle Rules dna4engr Minnesota 61 04-02-2016 06:16 PM
2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion Dezertdirt WRCCA Information 174 03-22-2016 12:14 PM