Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: 2017 MNRCRC Scale Top Truck Challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 2017 MNRCRC Scale Top Truck Challenge

Well everyone, It's that time of year again.
Come see what your truck is worth at the TTC!

Sunday September 10th
Starts at 10:00AM

Same as last year, this is a $5 buy in per class. Cash prizes for the top 3 finishers in each class. If you have both size rigs, bring them both and run in both classes. You will pay $10 total. Kids and women can compete for free.

Location is in Fridley Mn in the park behind Phils house. Many of you know where that is. If not, please PM me.

There are 2 classes - 1.9 and 2.2
Rules - You must run a 1.9 size tire in the 1.9 class. You must run a 2.2 tire in the 2.2 class. No 3.8 (Traxxas summit/maxx) size tire rigs are allowed to compete for prizes but can run for fun.

Rig Recommendations:
This is just like the FourWheeler Top Truck Challenge that used to be put on by the magazine for 1/1 rigs. Winches are highly recommended as there is NO Hand of God unless your run is over. 4WS and Dig are allowed. Waterproofing is highly recommended. Several courses have water on them. You don't have to run in the water if you don't want to . You can start a course and then stop at the water. It's better to start and not finish than to not start.

Events:
Mini Rubicon - Short technical rock crawling course
Truck Pull - pulling a loaded tonka truck up an incline
Hill Climb - Exactly like it sounds, with a few new tricks this year
Obstacle Course - Difficult combination of hills and objects to maneuver
Frame Twister - Combination of challengine obstructions and slippery log pit
Mud Pit - Just what you think, sticky mucky clay and water
Tank Trap - Closed course set of obstacles and mud.

All events gather points based on finish position. Some are by time and some are by how far you make it on course. The Tank Trap points are worth double.

Payout will be based on the number of participants.
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2017, 09:02 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 2017 MNRCRC Scale Top Truck Challenge

Time to talk Competition Rules

Scoring:
All event runs will be timed. Best time or longest run will be 1st thru whatever place in the event. Points are awarded accordingly.

Penalties:
In several events there will be boundaries. If you touch a boundary you add 10 seconds to your total time for each penalty. You are allowed to have up to two tires outside a boundary (i.e. roll or slide on a hill) but not progress the course with tires outside the boundary. If you get all 4 tires outside the boundary your run is complete and progress is marked.

Winching:
If you have an installed winch you may use it whenever you want. We have a winch anchor point to use. If you do not have a winch, better pray to God you don't need one as you cannot use a hand of God to move your truck and progress. if you are done and the run is finished, of course you can pick your truck up out of the obstacle.

Breakage/batteries:
If you break or a battery goes dead on course and you cannot progress, your run is complete and we mark progress.

Progress:
If you do not finish your progress is marked at your forward most point. So if you reach a point an roll backward, you still get the forward point as progress.

Prizes:
Cash outlay for each class will be paid based on attendance in each class.
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:02 PM   #3

Whooo! TTC!

I'll be sneaking away from home for this!
Runfrcover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:08 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thanks again all who put on the fall TTC event on this year! And Phil for- A) hosting the TTC on his property
B) Finishing the TTC running
C) making the podium in BOTH classes!
Big congrats Phil!
And to all other top finishers- Dana, Derek, and the kiwi- Mark! ( He IS NOT an Aussie! )
Good to see some familiar faces and of course always enjoy new faces coming to check out the fun!
Had a blast!, as always!
Rock Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #5

Gidday everyone,

I need to make a formal apology for my actions during this event.

In response to my outburst following Dana's, "Downunder" reference during his announcing of the final results, I have taken it upon myself to research the subject further and have come to the conclusion that, he is right. "Downunder" is a informal term for Oceania, including New Zealand.

I do sincerely apologist to Dana and all present at the event for my poor behavior and I will try to be more respectful in the future.

Mark

* Edit

Unless I reference Urban dictionary, which attributes the term solely to Australia and various lewd sexual acts! Dirty fakin aussies!

Last edited by Runfrcover; 09-17-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Runfrcover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runfrcover View Post
Gidday everyone,

I need to make a formal apology for my actions during this event.

In response to my outburst following Dana's, "Downunder" reference during his announcing of the final results, I have taken it upon myself to research the subject further and have come to the conclusion that, he is right. "Downunder" is a informal term for Oceania, including New Zealand.

I do sincerely apologist to Dana and all present at the event for my poor behavior and I will try to be more respectful in the future.

Mark

* Edit

Unless I reference Urban dictionary, which attributes the term solely to Australia and various lewd sexual acts! Dirty fakin aussies!

... I thought you New Zealanders were known as "kiwi's" not aussie's.
Rock Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote

2017 MNRCRC Scale Top Truck Challenge - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 WARCRC TTC (Top Truck Challenge) justinart24 Videos! 4 08-30-2017 12:04 PM
First Annual MNRCRC Top Truck Challenge - Oct 16th, 2016 dna4engr Minnesota 52 10-17-2016 08:58 AM
Top Truck Scale Challenge!!! Rivas Concepts Nevada 44 06-14-2012 12:46 AM
Help with a Scale Top Truck Challenge Event Tommy R General Scale Talk 41 01-18-2010 11:20 AM
Scale Top Truck Challenge? BENDER Colorado 40 02-21-2008 04:26 PM