RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Minnesota (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/minnesota/)
-   -   MN Crawling Scene Dead? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/minnesota/622399-mn-crawling-scene-dead.html)

Stomp 12-09-2020 07:36 PM

MN Crawling Scene Dead?

Seems like not much going on in Minnesota these days. Is rc crawling pretty much dead here in the north?

semnmrc 12-11-2020 02:37 PM

Re: MN Crawling Scene Dead?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stomp (Post 6057176)
Seems like not much going on in Minnesota these days. Is rc crawling pretty much dead here in the north?

Might want to try facebook? Maybe you already have. I'm not on there, nor do I get on here hardly ever. Still got our crawlers though!

Covid too ya know

And , I'm still alive!

Good luck!

BigBaller 12-12-2020 10:25 AM

Definite not dead. Facebook has taken over the forum spots. :flipoff:

Either way, the only way to make this place live again is keep using and posting. "thumbsup"

Mn crawling is maybe bigger then ever. Well, scale type crawling. The hardcore comp crawling has slacked a bit as the scale market has exploded.

There is 2 MN clubs now. :roll: making it a little more confusing. Either way, keep checking back.

Stomp 12-13-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semnmrc (Post 6057411)
Might want to try facebook? Maybe you already have. I'm not on there, nor do I get on here hardly ever. Still got our crawlers though!

Covid too ya know

And , I'm still alive!

Good luck!

No facebook here either. Wish that that was not such a big thing with people. I liked it more back when forums were the thing.

Stomp 12-13-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBaller (Post 6057517)
Definite not dead. Facebook has taken over the forum spots. :flipoff:

Either way, the only way to make this place live again is keep using and posting. "thumbsup"

Mn crawling is maybe bigger then ever. Well, scale type crawling. The hardcore comp crawling has slacked a bit as the scale market has exploded.

There is 2 MN clubs now. :roll: making it a little more confusing. Either way, keep checking back.

Can the facebook thing be seen by someone without an account? What are the two clubs in MN? Thanks!

Rock Farmer 12-28-2020 05:10 AM

Hey Stomp-
The comp group is MNRCRC, and the "other" guys would be the scale/ trail group-MNRCC.
YES, they are very similar in vernacular,
- MNRCRC is the comp group that has been around for quite some time
- MNRCC is the scale/trail group, we've been around for 10 years or so and growing tremendously!

Yes FB has stolen the forum population from here, but thats where the masses are at, both comp and scale groups are flourishing on FB.
That being said, both groups hold their own schedules and events with some crossover from both groups.
The TTC events and the annual Howl Krawl are both MNRCRC events, with alot of participants from MNRCC.
MNRCC has pop up trail events, and 1 big superbowl type event- FREEDOM RUN ( On pause due to Covid).

Hopefully you can see the link I'm posting to both FB groups-

MNRCC-
We do have 3 simple screening questions to answer if you decide to become a member, if you don't answer them, we simply decline the request.-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1954...459/?ref=share

And the comp group MNRCRC-
https://www.facebook.com/groups/7043...262/?ref=share

dna4engr 02-05-2021 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stomp (Post 6057679)
No facebook here either. Wish that that was not such a big thing with people. I liked it more back when forums were the thing.

If you don't want to use FB, you're going to miss out. I'd recommend making a FB account just for RC crawling stuff. SEveral guys have. Just make a clever name that isn't your full personal name. But make it spaced out so it looks like a name. Like "Axial Smith", or "Dan Crawlerman"

THen you can just join the crawling pages and avoid all the other FB nonsense.

ScaleLifeNewbie 02-05-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dna4engr (Post 6067195)
If you don't want to use FB, you're going to miss out. I'd recommend making a FB account just for RC crawling stuff. SEveral guys have. Just make a clever name that isn't your full personal name. But make it spaced out so it looks like a name. Like "Axial Smith", or "Dan Crawlerman"

THen you can just join the crawling pages and avoid all the other FB nonsense.

I agree, without having a Facebook account for just RC shenanigans, I would've never found out about all the crawlers here. As much as I dislike FB, it is very helpful when meeting fellow crawlers or selling crawlers:ror: