LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #101
Pebble Pounder

ahhh Got Rocks?
wild bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #102
Debunking old stereotypes

We're looking to possibly have a comp up that way this Summer, You guys have a good area for a big group, with parking not to far, and fairly accessible?
Lets get something in the works.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #103
Pebble Pounder

Wow! Yes a comp would be great! I also would like to come down to a couple events in Taylor Falls this summer. We had a consistant small group last summer. Through the winter we have got a few new guys with crawlers. Oh djjiz you get your losi yet?
wild bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Cool

Freetime: We have a guy that wants to run a series here. I'll see if he can post here and if not I'll see if he is alright with me giving his # out.

As far as easy access I think Enger is all we got but even that could be a walk depending on course setup. There's three general areas to the property with different style of terrain in each area. Not huge variations but there is a difference worth noting.

Bill: Its in first place.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #105

At the last MNRCRC meeting, they talked about having 1 comp from each Spring/Summer series, and Summer/Fall series away from Taylors.
I'll have to post a poll and find out what date works best for most.
I myself am looking forward to crawling somewhere else beside Taylors.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #106

[quote=djjiz;1672553]Freetime: We have a guy that wants to run a series here. I'll see if he can post here and if not I'll see if he is alright with me giving his # out.

As far as easy access I think Enger is all we got but even that could be a walk depending on course setup. There's three general areas to the property with different style of terrain in each area. Not huge variations but there is a difference worth noting.

i've been at enger and i don't see that good of crawl sites there i think jay cook state park would be a better place if we can find a parking area big engough.
overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #107
RCC Addict

How accessible does this have to be? That would help narrow down the area we need.

Enger is PACKED with good lines but you have to go down a trail or two to find them. Next time bring a local lol.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
How accessible does this have to be? That would help narrow down the area we need.

Enger is PACKED with good lines but you have to go down a trail or two to find them. Next time bring a local lol.
I guess that depends if Stormin or Maddjack are planning on traveling. I kind of doubt it since Stormin is still fighting with that ecoli, but we'll let him post up if he's inerested.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #109

Quote:

i lived up there for 7 years total before moving down

there is nothing there at enger that would be like tayor falls jay cook would be better

Last edited by overboard; 03-12-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: adding more to it
Old 03-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #110
RCC Addict

We've done some work digging and clearing last year that opened a lot of lines up above twin ponds and by the power line side.

There's no comparing taylors to duluth no matter where we go. Jay cooke could work by the dam but there's no power.

What's NEEDED besides rocks and parking to host a comp?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #111

Quote:
We've done some work digging and clearing last year that opened a lot of lines up above twin ponds and by the power line side.

There's no comparing taylors to duluth no matter where we go. Jay cooke could work by the dam but there's no power.

What's NEEDED besides rocks and parking to host a comp?

we don't need power we all have dc chargers just need parking and lot's of rock
Old 03-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #112
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by overboard View Post
i lived up there for 7 years total before moving down

there is nothing there at enger that would be like tayor falls jay cook would be better
Jay Cooke is VERY limited to parking, as far as Enger, when I had figured on running a comp there it is the only logical place to run if we need wheel chair accessible, which we DO- I know at least one local guy who is in a chair and it's been a while since I've been around but there was almost always one of the two guys from the cities at a comp. The way I had it figured out the whole coarse was accessible by the black top path.

I agree that Taylor Falls is the SUPREME crawling spot but we got what we got and have to deal with it. I was born and raised here and there is a ton of spots to crawl but for comps.....Enger Tower is where it's at to be fair to everyone besides the parking.... and Jay Cooke we WILL run into issues if we just start parking on the side of the road or even IF we find a little parking area to use the whole thing-not only is it wrong and rude but it is a hike to get to the good spots and I am not going to lug my back up needs into the woods for one.
SIRMAXXALOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #113
RCC Addict

Anyone been to Thomson? It's a little town after jay Cooke and before cloquet that has parking and is accessable. I have pics on photobucket.com ( search for djjiz ) to give you a general idea of what were working with there.

I can cut and paste on my phone so if someone finds the link please post it up for me.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #114
Pebble Pounder

what about brighton beach-spelling? there is plenty of parking there and most defiantly a unique location i have always enjoyed testing there might throw you Taylors guys off
Silverdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #115
Web Wheeling

While wheel chair accessibility is a plus, it is not a requirement for alternate locations.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #116
Pebble Pounder

both enger and Brighton are wheel-chair accessible i cant think of any good crawling spots in jay Cooke that is wheel-chair accessible correct me if I'm wrong
Old 03-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #117
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
While wheel chair accessibility is a plus, it is not a requirement for alternate locations.
True but I know we have at least one local now that will be crawling and I think it is only right to be fair to all.
SIRMAXXALOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #118
Pebble Pounder

well i got a couple new trucks and drivers in Silverdirt camp and the snow is disappearing fast when do we want to start meeting?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #119
RCC Addict

How about the shore or thomson this sunday for the first gtg. Enger is still closed.

Last edited by djjiz; 03-18-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #120
Pebble Pounder

we still on for tomorrow or is the slop on the ground a prohibitor