Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Mississippi

Notices

Thread: Gulf Coast?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #41

Post Re: Gulf Coast?

hey guys if ya'll want to get together prolly be sunday for me, I believe I have to work Saturday, but I will let ya'll know when it gets closer to the weekend.
crawler21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Gulf Coast?

Anybody going to the yard today?
Hulldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Well i went to "the yard" today. Coarse looks pretty good. Not very "scaler" friendly. Once the red clay got slicked over the tires i couldnt get traction on anything. They did say that they are still working on it. I only got to play for about an hour. I lost a front driveshaft. Of course i left my stock shafts at home.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:50 AM   #44
Rock Stacker

should have my parts in for my scaler this week, might go to the yard sometime this weekend.
87bigblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #45

i think i will be able to go out to the yard sunday. got the creeper going again and want to try the course. i will know tommorow when i get my running around done.
rcman1164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

if my 4link truss comes in today i should be able to get mine together for tomorrow. I have two transmission mount screws stripped out to. Ill have to figure something out with that.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Been watching this thread a bit, really wanting to head up there to see this track. Any one have any shots of the track or scaler/crawler trails there?
tokdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

What time tomorrow? I think they open at 1.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:09 PM   #49

I thing i will try to be there about 1. normally they open at 1 but they are racing tommorow. they will open at 10 and start racing at 12. there is a web site for them but i could not load it tonight. it is theyardos.com . they also have a facebook page. it is the yard rc racing complex.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barrel...26492774215104
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ya...48470791903848
Old 01-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Went out to The Yard yesterday. Saw rcman1164 there with his 3 wheel drive Creeper. There was a pretty good turn out for the crawler/scaler course. They have worked on the course a lot over the two weeks I haven't gone. It is way mo betta now. Its 1.9 scaler friendly and they actually said they are having a scale comp on the 25th this month. There is still quite a few challenging spots for you 2.2 moa moon rover guys.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:49 PM   #51

I need to try to get out there one of these Saturdays and check it out

As for "other" scaler/trailing places:

Down the road from my house, behind the Promenade Mall, end of West Gay Road, across from the Moose Lodge/next to I10 - pretty large vacant piece of land. Mainly clay/mud/sand/wash outs. Great place for scalers. As long as not too many 1:1's show up, no problems there, used to run there all the time
spankrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:58 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Ill be out at The Yard this sunday. Hopefully a friend of mine from Birmingham will be down and come with me. Im sure there will be quite a few people there as there was last weekend.

Ive seen where your talking about across from the moose. I have a customer that lives back there off w gay. I just saw what you can see from the road right there. I wanted to go back with my rc but forgot about it. I work right here at SoundWaves in Diberville right down the road. Although right now with all the construction id have to drive around and through promenade, what a pain in the ass. If the sun starts staying in the sky a little later maybe we can meet up over there after work one day. I usually get off at 5.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #53

i work in the promonade and will defently take a look there. i get off at 5:30 but i can craw at lunch.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulldiver View Post
Ill be out at The Yard this sunday. Hopefully a friend of mine from Birmingham will be down and come with me. Im sure there will be quite a few people there as there was last weekend.

Ive seen where your talking about across from the moose. I have a customer that lives back there off w gay. I just saw what you can see from the road right there. I wanted to go back with my rc but forgot about it. I work right here at SoundWaves in Diberville right down the road. Although right now with all the construction id have to drive around and through promenade, what a pain in the ass. If the sun starts staying in the sky a little later maybe we can meet up over there after work one day. I usually get off at 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcman1164 View Post
i work in the promonade and will defently take a look there. i get off at 5:30 but i can craw at lunch.
Yep, it is a pretty good spot

I usually don't get home till after 5, and this time of year, already dark
Old 01-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Hey rcman. You get that 4th wheel on the creeper to join the team yet?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:03 AM   #56

Anybody going to be at the 'Yard this Saturday, 1/18??
Old 01-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Ill most likely go sunday. Maybe tomorrow but the chance is slim.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:35 PM   #58

trying to get one of my co-workers to bring a welder to fix the axle. i wont make it this weekend due to i have to work tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:01 AM   #59

I took my old Bruiser out to the Yard on Saturday. The rock obstacle course was a bit too hard core for my old iron, but I had a blast on the dirt piles next to the track

The course looked pretty good for the Axial/Losi crawler crowd

Pretty fun, except for the unattended kid kicking my Bruisers rear bumper and snapping the corner off
Old 01-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Unattended kids can be quite annoying there. Especially if they take out their badassery on your truck. I went yesterday and there was a birthday party. Some of the kids were playing "American Ninja Warrior" on the crawler course.

My SCX10 is still in my truck from yesterday so I guess ill have to stop by the moose lodge when I get off and check it out for a little while before the great ball of fire falls out of the sky. Ill probably arrive there around 5:15pm if anyone wants to join in.