Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Mississippi

Notices

Thread: Gulf Coast?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Gulf Coast?

Here's an idea! I want to get guys together in the Gulf area and try to start doing some wheeling on a regular basis. I want to try and set up something that resembles a tough truck challenge type class. Since we don't have rocks around here I think we should try and put together some spots that we can have creek wheeling, mud riding and maybe sandy beach runs. We have plenty of areas around here for this type crawling. If we can find an area that we can use all the time and incorporate all of these styles together we could haul in enough rocks to make a mini Rubicon trail and a tank trap area that has rocks in it. I can get rocks no problem. A class like this would have to be a scale 2.2 set up. Waterproofing would be necessary and trying to make the rigs as scale as possible would be required. I'm currently building a Jeep Rubicon that has 2.2 Rok Lox on RC4WD Biohazzard beadlocks with RC4WD TRex 60 axles. I plan on running a RC4WD Outry ESC and a 4S Lipo. It'll have a winch on the front and some tube bumpers. It has an Axial Tranny with a 40T Dirty Deeds motor made by JPCustoms RC with a 10T pinion and a Aluminum 88T spur. This may give you an idea of what a rig in this class might use. Mississippirocs is currently setting up a K2-3L Axial based rig that has a Scout body on 2.2 Axial Beadlocks and 2.2 RC4WD Rock Crushers. If you're in the Gulf Coast area and interested in doing something like this please respond here or PM me or mississippirocs.
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
RCC Addict

IM in...Thanks for the chance
mississippirocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippirocs View Post
IM in...Thanks for the chance
You need to help me drum up some support! Direct local people to this so they can post up so we can get a kind of people count.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #4

Default Iam in!

I just moved back to the coast and wanna get back into this. I am planning a build within the next couple weeks, 2.2 jeep, or a Wreckluse. I love the scalers and really like the idea of a tough truck kinda course.
makoroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoroni View Post
I just moved back to the coast and wanna get back into this. I am planning a build within the next couple weeks, 2.2 jeep, or a Wreckluse. I love the scalers and really like the idea of a tough truck kinda course.
Good deal! Keep us up to date on the build progress and when you'll be ready to do some wheelin. We've got a couple of spots and are currently getting ready to start building a course in mississippirocs backyard.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #6

Default Helping Hand

Well shoot me a PM if yal need any help building the course. I dont have a runnin rig now but I can still help you guys. I have a truck to if we need it to haul anything??
makoroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Thanks for the offer. We are in the planning and collecting stages right now. I have a pretty good amount of natural rock and we are planning on doing a section with concrete blocks and busted up concrete with quickcrete to hold it all together. I am also hoping to have a river bed and a couple of trails. We are designing it more for scalers than comp rigs. The aresa we have to work in is about 40x40 or so. We will keep ou posted and I will try to take some pics as we build
Old 05-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Alright, lets get this goin. I dont know about the TTC type deal. I know mos of us just have a couple rigs and cant/dont want to build a special rig. We just need to start having Coast GTGs with scalers/bashers whatever. I am working on my place to get it ready and BGGruff and I have found a few nice spots. If there are any others that any of you know about let us know and we willl make the drive to them. Thanks and post up wha tyou have or know about. Pics would be nice too.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Yea it doesn't necessarily have to be TTC type stuff. I only brought that up b/c we don't have rocks down here mostly mud and sand. We are both working on personal scale type trails in our yards and we have found a couple of places that are pretty cool for scalers. We both run 1.55 and 1.9 scalers right now and both have 2.2 scalers on the backburner. You guys that are interested in getting together to run your rigs please post up in this thread.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #10

Post something up when yall have get togethers. I'm down
spankrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankrjs View Post
Post something up when yall have get togethers. I'm down
Will do. We are both trying to finish up a couple projects so it should be soon I hope
Old 09-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #12

Bump
Old 09-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankrjs View Post
Bump
We are still around. We usually GTG on Sunday afternoon. We have a few decent spots for scalers that we have found. I will try to Let you know the next time we aregoin. PM me your number again...I lost it when my cell took a swim
Old 09-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #14

Anybody riding this weekend I got the 2.2 Bruiser, 1.9 Pajero, or the 1:1 Scrambler ready to go
Old 10-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #15

so did yall ever do this?
ms4x4outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #16

so i have my wraith all together and its a blast! I just need some other scalers to play around with, I wanted to try to meet up with some people this sunday and body down?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #17

I need to check this site more often. I have been busy with the 1:1's, but post up the next get together and I will try to make it
Old 04-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #18

Default Re: Gulf Coast?

BUMP
Old 04-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #19

I got a axial wraith wanna meet up and crawl
Old 04-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Where is some good places to crawl near Biloxi? Me and a friend just recently bought crawlers. I picked up an Axial Honcho. The only places we have found to crawl is under neath Ocean Springs/Biloxi bridge. The ocean springs side. Very nice rock bed under the bridge. The is another place we went in Woolmarket. I really can't describe where that location is.
waterboij23 is offline   Reply With Quote